Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No national anthem at the Championship play-off final so as not to 'upset Swansea'

Should there be a national anthem at the play-off final, even if the Welsh are there?

• Yes there bloomin' well should be

Votes: 62 89.9%
  • No, there shouldn't be

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's a Play off final which has already had it's sense of occasion diminished as it's being played at Old Trafford and not Wembley. Did Swansea ask for the National Anthem not to be played ? I doubt it. Does the National Anthem need to be played ? Not really, we do that then as has already been said, we'll end up having it played before every game. Usual PC brigade dived in on this decision no doubt. The league is The Football League. You never know, if Wrexham and Newport County have good seasons next year we could have four Welsh teams in it.

One other thing, for all the FA Cup finals, League Cup Finals and Play Off finals played at the Milstad, was the National Anthem played then ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No place for the national anthem at club events in my opinion. Internationals yes, club football no, what relevance is it to the occasion.

I love my American sports but I loathe the playing of the national anthem and obligatory tribute to the armed forces which seems to precede every event. I certainly do not want British sporting events to go down this route. Just blow the whistle and get on with the chuffing game!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Personally I think she can look after herself anyway

and
Personally I think she can look after herself anyway
WTF does that mean?

Cwmbrysnnydrfwymryyhiwlangwyddnsyn Town
Didn't they merge with a local club to form Llllllanrfyddinabercaernogavennywynnyd-y-wyddgrogogo and Cwmbrysnnydrfwymryyhiwlangwyddnsyn United?

PS Can anyone explain why when you edit out the space before "nsyn", it just ignores the request and keeps it in?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
MYOB,

Where have you been mate? Fond memories of the Swindon play off semi- in Dublin.

Possibly the best match for atmosphere and people/beer that I have even seen on tv

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
I think they should get Imogen Thomas to sing it. For two reasons, firstly because being Welsh this may appease the Swansea fans. Secondly, i haven't really heard much about her recently. I'd like to know whats going on with her at the minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here