Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Jonny Dixon Thread Then?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I would have started Gatting ahead of Dixon......................

I would have started Forster in front of them all but as he was injured........!

Its all a matter of opinion isn't it? And the only opinion that really matters is DW's, as he sees the players in training and he picks the team.

If my Granny had bollocks she would have been my Grandad!

What some people are forgetting is that with two games of the season to go, we are seventh and still have a chance of the play-offs! At the beginning of August 07, who would not have taken that?!?!?!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Is Someone in a bad mood? Thomson was our best player today, broke up a lot of attacks and never misplaced a pass.

Mar 12, 2008
Surely you can see that these players have made a positive difference? (Murray and Thomson)

We've been steadily climbing the table since Xmas.........

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
from what i saw of dixon at luton, i too think gatting is the better player

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Surely you can see that results have picked up since these players signed? We've steadily climbed the table since Xmas....

Got to agree with that. Tho mostly down to Forster leading the line, and T.Elphick and Adam El-Abd at the back. The new boys introduced in January are better than the old boys. But not by a lot. Oh well, onwards and upwards, aye?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oh PLEASE :rolleyes:

This is English third division football. Roughly on a par with Falkirk I'd have thought (tho I can;t be arsed to check).

Trouble is, the cognoscenti KNOW, within about ten minutes of a new player taking the pitch, who the positives and negatives are. This season:

Postives: Whing, Westlake (both loanees, both MASSIVE on commitment). Oh, and Forster.

Neutral: 300K signing Murray. Jonny-Foetus-Dixon

Negative: Phil McFail, 300-appearance man Thomson.

Career Path Change: Loft, Gatting

I am sure they are the same standard, but I remember reading an interview of Thomson after his first game or so, stating how different the game is over here. A much faster and a less patient aproach than in Scotland.

It was always going to take time to adapt and I feel he has come on well. There are certainly more positives than negatives as far as I am concerned. Today was a stand out performance and there have been others.

Whing is an ex-loanee (signed in the Summer).

Oh and McFaul hasn't had his ten minutes on the pitch yet. :smokin:

Mar 12, 2008
Well it doesn't take much to get out of this division, standard is pretty shocking.

The improvement we have made (albeit slight in your opinion) should be enough to see us in the top 6 next year....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well it doesn't take much to get out of this division, standard is pretty shocking.

The improvement we have made (albeit slight in your opinion) should be enough to see us in the top 6 next year....

Quite. We've got a stupidly high number of points in this crappiest of divisions this seaon.

Failure to gain at least a play-off place next season would be a BIG FAT FAILURE.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doesn't take you that long to write him off, or Murray..

Dunno :shrug:

To me, it's like being introduced to a random person at work or in the street. You suss them out pretty quick. What is it they say, you make an impression at an interview in about 20 seconds or something?

It's the same with football.

Andrew Whing and Ian Westlake are both giving 100% to our cause - even thouigh it''s not maybe their primary cause. Their character shines through. They are honest gritty professionals and give their all.

Got a WHOLE lot of misgivings about all the rest of the recent signings. Just seems to me they're not into it, heart & soul, as much as they should be. Or maybe they just give that impression by not being quite good enough. One or t'other.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Worth remembering that Thomson was unfortunate to have a THUMPING first-time 20-yarder that he beautifully buried in the far corner of the net chalked off for offside (I assume it was given for someone in the middle). Nobody protested, on another day that could easily have stood,and what a cracker it would have been.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I thought Thomson was way ahead of any other midfielder today for us.

Intelligent play, attacked and defended well and a worthy captain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here