Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Jonny Dixon Thread Then?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, first home start for the boy. What did YOU think?

For me, first impressions were that he looks like foetus with a beard.

Got a bit stuck in, but looks for all the world like this year's Nathan Elder. One to be sold on for 50K next January. Really REALLY didn't add anything to what we had before.

Might be wrong tho eh? Guess there's a first time for everything...

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Could Ask You Where Your Hilarious One In Ten Murray Post Is?

What? You Haven't Posted One Today? Ah Well. There's A First For Everythng.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dixon didn't have a LOT to feed off though, to be fair. Despite ditching the diamond, there wasn't much coming in from the flanks.

Actually Cox annoyed me more than usual today. On several occasions when we had the ball in the middle of the park and desperately needed an outlet, he's standing around on the edge of the area next to their CB, when he had about 50 yards of unpatrolled GREEN behind and ahead of him.

Never ceases to amaze me how condensed we get through the middle, when he could shift his arse 20 yards to the right and really S-T-R-E-T-C-H the opposition.

Mar 12, 2008
You're slagging off Murray on the Revell thread (even though he's banging them in) and because Dixon had a shit home debut, he's not good enough.

Some f***ing people.

By the way, Forster is shit. Too old. Runs too much. :jester:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I would have started Jakey ahead of Dixon. Okay Robinson gave the ball away in the middle of the park today, but his running and his first touch were good when he came on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would have started Gatting ahead of Dixon......................

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You're slagging off Murray on the Revell thread (even though he's banging them in) and because Dixon had a shit home debut, he's not good enough.

Some f***ing people

By the way, Forster is shit. Too old. Runs too much. :jester:

Nah mate. The COGNOSCENTI know all, see all. Fact.

This year's Dead Men Walking are Loft and Gatting.

Next year's Dead Men Walking are Jonny Foetus-Dixon, 300-appearances-and-none-of-them-worth-jackshit-Thomson and Phil McFail or whatever the f*** his name is (this year's Geoff Pitcher, posibly a mythical creature like the unicorn or something)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing to do with the state of the club but I think Gatting is better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey Tom, someone piss in your porridge this morning ?
We're 7th in the table, cheer up fella

:thumbsup:

Perfectly happy matey. 7th WAY exceeds expectations, and is in no way a reflection of our form against teams we really should be at least putting on the backfoot.

Just despair at the adulation of no-mark signings. Jonny-Foetus-Dixon is invisible, it beggars belief that the slight frail short Thomson has just passed 300 games as a professional footballer, let alone captain of anything. And remain seriously unimpressed by the slug-like Murray, record signing or no record signing.

My fault i'm sure :shrug:

(tho feel free to tell me which bits I'm wrong about...)

Not me MB, I thought he was great!

Home debut, couldn't be anything BUT nervous, but settled enough to get a few good runs at them and enough pressure to make them pay attention. Maintained his area of the formation rather well, and ...... I think he was actually trying hard to play like Forster (understandable), and I look forward to seeing him play more.

He looks a good young prospect, and could turn out to be a real asset to the squad.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nah mate. The COGNOSCENTI know all, see all. Fact.

This year's Dead Men Walking are Loft and Gatting.

Next year's Dead Men Walking are Jonny Foetus-Dixon, 300-appearances-and-none-of-them-worth-jackshit-Thomson and Phil McFail or whatever the f*** his name is (this year's Geoff Pitcher, posibly a mythical creature like the unicorn or something)

This Cognoscenti bollocks didn't quite hit the spot with the plummeting career of Leon Knight, did it?

Dixon has just made the step up from non-league (see Revell) and he has not had a great deal of time to settle. Surely the more discerning fan would defer writing him off completely, until he has had a pre-season under his belt and gained some more experience.

Gatting shows glimpses of being a good footballer, in my opinion, but the jury is out on that one. He has the footballing brain and decent positional sense, but it remains to be seen if he can apply it properly.

I think you are being very unfair on Thomson. It is an acknowledged fact that the Scottish and English game differs and he is adapting (in my opinion) well. I thought he was MoM this afternoon.

Was McFaul ever going to be a super signing? I thought his signing was pretty much an extended trial as there were other suitors for his signature.

Loft, I will agree with.

One thing that is important to remember is that a footballer is not a machine and it is not as simple as programming them to perform. They need to learn, adapt, grow and so on.

Still, why let reasonable doubt (etc.) get in the way of a decent chance to run down some players.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think you are being very unfair on Thomson. It is an acknowledged fact that the Scottish and English game differs and he is adapting (in my opinion) well. I thought he was MoM this afternoon.

Oh PLEASE :rolleyes:

This is English third division football. Roughly on a par with Falkirk I'd have thought (tho I can;t be arsed to check).

Trouble is, the cognoscenti KNOW, within about ten minutes of a new player taking the pitch, who the positives and negatives are. This season:

Postives: Whing, Westlake (both loanees, both MASSIVE on commitment). Oh, and Forster.

Neutral: 300K signing Murray. Jonny-Foetus-Dixon

Negative: Phil McFail, 300-appearance man Thomson.

Career Path Change: Loft, Gatting

Mar 12, 2008
Not forgetting the fact Thomson has had 23 different centre mid partners since he signed.

Yes, Mcfaul was simply a trial. He's actually pretty useful. Saw him play for the reserves against Leyton Orient.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Thomson has had two very good games for us, wearing the captains armband all the while. He has the ability to quietly run a game from midfield, and I have a feeling he will be a VERY important player for us next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here