Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No disrespect to the Championship but ...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"No disrespect to the Championship but Newcastle are too big a club to be down there. I plan on being straight back up after next season."

I see Damien Duff has got in a "No disrespect to [team/league] but...." before the start of the season.

That's gotta to be a record for one of those hasn't it ?

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
It's a bit like "I'm not a racist but... [fascist comment which would make Hitler blush follows]"

The real issue is that Newcastle have been utter shite. People should probably focus on that, rather than how "big" a club Newcastle are.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Some of these people need a huge reality check....and my god, the Newcastle players are going to get it. The club is so rotten ,so badly run, so many average players. I do feel for there wonderful fans though..They have had to put up with so much.... But sometimes this sort of thing needs to happen...its not the end of the world, its not a disaster, its not catastrophic....its football!
But, dont expect to go straight back up.....they will face 46 'Cup Finals'

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Quotes like this are utter garbage, How can you say you dont deserve/ are to 'BIG' for to be in a particular league when YOU were part of the team that went down , and deserved to go down

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Newcastle have 15 players on 50K plus per week contracts withourt relegation clauses. Their income from the league will drop from £60 million to about £4 million. They raised £27 million through coprorate boxs, will they sell that against the smaller teams in the championship?

They will be a bigger fish in a smaller pond but their will be better equipped teams around them. Everyone will take a full allocation of away fans and play them like its a cup final.

Good luck Shearer, they would be better with Steve Coppell.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Newcastle United = the next Leeds United :)

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I do feel for there wonderful fans though..They have had to put up with so much....

I know they're passionate, but these are the same fans that hounded out Allardyce when they weren't playing 'beautiful' football after a few weeks. They need to take their fair share of the blame for the whole mess too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Newcastle must be odds on to go into administration , no chance of getting back in the Premier League with a 10 point deduction.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know they're passionate, but these are the same fans that hounded out Allardyce when they weren't playing 'beautiful' football after a few weeks. They need to take their fair share of the blame for the whole mess too.

They're running out of Messiahs in the North East though, I understand they are down to Ant and Dec.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some of these people need a huge reality check....and my god, the Newcastle players are going to get it. The club is so rotten ,so badly run, so many average players. I do feel for there wonderful fans though..They have had to put up with so much.... But sometimes this sort of thing needs to happen...its not the end of the world, its not a disaster, its not catastrophic....its football!
But, dont expect to go straight back up.....they will face 46 'Cup Finals'

I think a lot of the fans are as deluded as the rest of the club to be honest.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The North East used to produce a huge number of quality players. Nowadays it is a long way behind East and SE London and Merseyside. How many current top level players come from the NE ? Carrick ?

I think this is a contributory factor. And I agree, the fans are deluded. They haven't been through what a lot of clubs like ours have.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

Very true. Thy're a bit like Spurs in that totally irrationally, they think that they should always be in the top 5 playing great football. They could do a lot worse than get Big Sam back in now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here