Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no charge at the goldstone

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That letter is hilariously bad.

Back to the title of the thread...My brother and I got into a couple of games for free, including the Man City FA Cup game, because our mum was on duty with St John's Ambulance...only drawback was getting there an hour and a half before kick-off.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I remember very clearly lots and lots of people in their late twenties and possibly early thirties (beards, greying hair, you name it) going in through the U-16 turnstile in the North Stand to save a couple of quid and nobody ever said anything as far as I can recall!!

I remember the first game after my 16th and a copper pulled me out of the queue for the under 16s and ask for my date of birth etc. I had to borrow a couple of quid to get in the adult entrance.:facepalm:

D

Deleted User X18H

Mansfield 1996 and when I scored tickets off Robert Codner for videoing his goals on South Today ....so not many:laugh:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Can't recall any times getting into the Goldstone for free.
As it was so cheap in those days it wasn't worth the trouble bunking in.
(I'm sure though some people used to clamber over a high wall in the North East corner to get in for a freebie)
I do recall getting in for kids prices well into my early twenties (turnstile operators didn't give a shite that I was blatantly over 16)
Perhaps for another thread travelled to numerous away games in the early 1990's around the country for free courtesy of British Rail.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No, I think it was £3.50 for U-16 and £7.50 for adults.

I've still got my Norths Stand Ticket for the last game.

£8 adult, £4 Concessions

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
From about 77-79 I don't think I ever paid, my dad would pay for himself, give the turnstile operator an extra 5p or something and I'd be lifted over. I reckon those blokes made a killing in that period.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Rev's front garden!

attachment.php

same here :thumbsup: + climbing up the wall in the south east corner

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Had quite a few in the garden in the end :lolol: everytime someone got banned thet would end up in my garden:ohmy: Got a letter from the club threaterning a screen in front of my house:shrug:

I always wondered who owned any of those houses. I remember being rather jealous as (it was probably yours) the front garden became filled with what looked like deck chairs on a nice summer's day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here