Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no charge at the goldstone

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
No, I think it was £3.50 for U-16 and £7.50 for adults.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
As young teenagers we regularly crawled under the corrugated iron fencing on the East Terrace while our dads paid for their entrance at the turnstiles. This was 71-72, before they built a more permanent barrier.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
When the away team got off their coach outside the west stand at the Goldstone and walked in past the kids getting autographs my brother in law who was wearing a suit followed the players in and walked onto the pitch and into the stand.
He even signed a few autographs himself on the way in :laugh:
It was 50p to get in the North Stand that year:ohmy:

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Me and the usual boys were in the Eclipse before the game, seem to remember it chucking it down, anyway the Rugby came on the telly England were playing, we decided to stay rather than go to watch the game. Was absolutely steaming drunk when the Rugby finished which was about 4 o'clock, so we decided to go to the game, and instead of paying we were going to stand in the garden of the house behind the East Stand, where i lot of the banned lot went. When we got there i think it was full, so are only option was to climb the brick wall behind the East Terrace. The away fans used to be in this part of the ground near the south stand, we were sitting on top of this wall watching quite happily singing and swaying away, when i lost my footing and tumbled in amongst the away fans. Next thing i remember is running on to the pitch the ref stiopped the game, think it was Blackburn, and making a right fool of myself, high fiving all the players, think Shearer was playing for them as well, anyway plod start chasing me so i leg towards the North Stand, and somehow manage to escape in to the crowd, only to get jumped on by most of the North Stand who thought i was a Blackburn fan. Anyway that is how i got in for nothing, happy days.

Rev's front garden!

attachment.php

Had quite a few in the garden in the end :lolol: everytime someone got banned thet would end up in my garden:ohmy: Got a letter from the club threaterning a screen in front of my house:shrug:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I watched that FA Cup quarter final against Norwich from the top window of one of the houses overlooking the chicken run. The turnstiles were shut about 40 mins before kick off, but by a stroke of luck, my brother-in-law happened to be working on that house and had a key.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Brighton v Blackburn 26/11/1977 2-2. Was collecting for charity in the North Stand. I cannot remember who the charity was though. I seem to recall that I did not do much collecting between 15:00 and 16:50 though - can't think why!

Jan 30, 2008
my mate used to steward the north stand , a quick knock on the door at a pre arranged time and bingo everyone's a winner :clap2:

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
My uncle used to work for Securicor. I hid in the back of the lorry going in. Jumped out and stood on the roof to watch the game while he collected the cash from the turnstiles. Got back in the van after the game and drove out. Thinking about it this was not the safest thing to do with the load of cash in the back.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Collected charity monies for Rockinghorse Appeal vs Oxford (Nogan put one in the top corner from the edge of the box

That was one of my favourite Albion goals of all time.

Used to be let in by one of the turnstile operators when I went with my dad in the West Stand as a nipper. Still see him out at Withdean and give him a knowing nod or two of appreciation. :thumbsup:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Went along legit on crutches after knackering my knee. Was let in for free and sat with the wheelchairs in the SW. My knee took (ahem) a season and a half to heal. Took a helper along a few times as well. Look I was silly skint alright...

I would like to think the 1901 club was moulded on my house in goldstone lane,fine view,superb food and lots of networking in the front garden:thumbsup: Even had a part view of the goldstone pitch while on the toilet:lolol:If 1901 can match that i'm in:thumbsup:

bad old good old days,the goldstone lane mafia putting the squeeze on:hilton:

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 172

How many different ways did you watch games at the goldstone without paying,TELL US YOUR STORIES:thumbsup:

I had a photographer's press pass for the 1988 and 89 season.

Let me in for free, could choose my own vantage point on the running tract, and got free sandwiches and drinks at half time.

Ah yes, thos were the days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here