Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Cameras Please

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Hold on guys, I may share some of your sentiments about self promoting parents etc, however if photos are wholly appropriate then it should be up to the parents if they wish to take a photo or not.

It is neither up to you or me to judge relevance.

Personally if I had my way I would probably think Guinness Boy's never ending stream of photos of his children as tedious and impose the same sanctions on himself that he seems to want to impose on others.

You know what I mean, if its legal and appropriate take as many photos as you like.

I agree although it is ridiculous the level it has got to it is my choice if I want to take 1 or 1000 pictures of my children, I object to being judged in the same way as the dimwitted minority in this country it is the standard reaction to everything in this country just introduce a blanket law or ban in order to avoid tackling the actual problem.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Is it such a bad thing?

The kids growing up now are the most photographed generation in history. Some people can barely let an hour past without posting more boring pictures of their offspring on Facebook- oh look! Here he is EATING! And now he's pulling a funny FACE!- perhaps it would actually be quite nice for kids to just have a fun afternoon without dozens of parents shoving cameras in their faces. I'm sure it won't harm their development if a mere hour or two of their lives isn't captured for permanent posterity.

Cameras do my head in now. I find it profoundly depressing that at every event, nobody actually seems to be watching & soaking up the memories, instead all you can see is a hundred thousand mobile phones pointing at the London Eye New Year fireworks, or at the Rolling Stones, or even (god forbid) at a player as he goes to take a match deciding penalty. Then afterwards you get a hundred thousand identical blurry videos on YouTube :yawn:

Exactly. Baffles me at gigs why people spend their entire time trying to get 5mins of footage instead of just enjoying it.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Indeed. Why would you take (as an adult) an iPad to a FOOTBALL match?

A-P-I7pCAAEyIi-.jpg:large

That is a poor picture of him You should have taken one of these to take a picture of him

Nikon_D3_img_1246.jpg

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Hold on guys, I may share some of your sentiments about self promoting parents etc, however if photos are wholly appropriate then it should be up to the parents if they wish to take a photo or not.

Personally if I had my way I would probably think Guinness Boy's never ending stream of photos of his children as tedious and impose the same sanctions on himself that he seems to want to impose on others.

You know what I mean, if its legal and appropriate take as many photos as you like.

Wholeheartedly agree!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Excellent post. Each to their own. It's a big breach of civil liberty that parents can't take pictures of their own children. Just because the ban is a close match for some people's sensibilities around the value of taking photos is no reason to stop others from taking pictures.

Also, what is the worst case scenario? A paedophile takes some photos of some kids not engaged in a sexual act? While distasteful, no children would have been harmed by this. Yet this unlikely scenario is used to consistently rob many, many parents of the right to capture moments of significant parts of their kids' childhood.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am sure they will have their own photographer, great photos only a fiver a pop !!

glad im not the only one thinking this is for cynical commercial reasons than other. as everyone has a camera phone these days its a pointless request.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Indeed. Why would you take (as an adult) an iPad to a FOOTBALL match?

A-P-I7pCAAEyIi-.jpg:large

The irony can't be lost on you of taking a picture (on your smart phone by the look of it) of someone videoing / photographing a football match, in order to prove your point that taking photos at 'events' is silly and you should just be enjoying them?

I think people look like idiots filming concerts / football matches, and agree that maybe they should just try and enjoy it, but it's their choice if they want some crappy footage to help them remember it by, to try and catch the atmosphere, or show to a mate.

As for not being allowed to take pics at a 2 year olds party, that's just bollox and I would ignore it. If I want to take a picture of my son or daughter, I will.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just to clear up: I didn't take that photo of the old bloke, I've no idea which ground it's at or who he supports. It comes from the @fullkitwankers Twitter account.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What, so he can't see the massive pitch in front of him but he can see the much smaller version of it on a little screen he's holding up?

I know someone who is very short sighted and can hardly see the pitch but goes for the atmosphere.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We seemed to have moved slightly away from the initial post - not to take pics of kids.
Last year my county squad of u10s were playing away v Herefordshire.
One of my players parents is a handy photographer, mono-pod and big lens SLR.
He asked me [as head coach] if it would be okay to take photos.
All of my players have signed consent forms that include taking of video and photos, so I said no problem, but let me check the opposition.
Spoke to their manager and he was fine too, so long as they would not be posted in a public internet site - fair enough.

Anyway, about an hour into the game the umpires stopped play and met to talk with each other.
Both me and the Hereford manager were summonsed over.
"Do you realise someone is taking photos" they said. - yep they stopped the game for that !!
We both said yes, we know - to which there comment was:
"Well we've absolved our liability by bringing it to your attention" !!! FFS

D

Deleted member 22389

We seemed to have moved slightly away from the initial post - not to take pics of kids.
Last year my county squad of u10s were playing away v Herefordshire.
One of my players parents is a handy photographer, mono-pod and big lens SLR.
He asked me [as head coach] if it would be okay to take photos.
All of my players have signed consent forms that include taking of video and photos, so I said no problem, but let me check the opposition.
Spoke to their manager and he was fine too, so long as they would not be posted in a public internet site - fair enough.

Anyway, about an hour into the game the umpires stopped play and met to talk with each other.
Both me and the Hereford manager were summonsed over.
"Do you realise someone is taking photos" they said. - yep they stopped the game for that !!
We both said yes, we know - to which there comment was:
"Well we've absolved our liability by bringing it to your attention" !!! FFS

I am coming around to this idea of what other posters have said here. My thinking is of a time before the Internet. I agree, it is so easy to take photos and have these posted online, viewable to thousands of people in a matter of seconds, but I also think there is far too much paranoia, me included.

The reason I also started this thread was because about 4 months ago as I was cycling along the road, this Boy called me over to help him put the chain back on his bike. Before helping him out, I honestly had to stop for a second and think, should I really be helping him.

It annoys me how society has changed, where we are now at the point we can't help someone out, just in case someone thinks you might be on of those people.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is it such a bad thing?

The kids growing up now are the most photographed generation in history. Some people can barely let an hour past without posting more boring pictures of their offspring on Facebook- oh look! Here he is EATING! And now he's pulling a funny FACE!- perhaps it would actually be quite nice for kids to just have a fun afternoon without dozens of parents shoving cameras in their faces. I'm sure it won't harm their development if a mere hour or two of their lives isn't captured for permanent posterity.

Cameras do my head in now. I find it profoundly depressing that at every event, nobody actually seems to be watching & soaking up the memories, instead all you can see is a hundred thousand mobile phones pointing at the London Eye New Year fireworks, or at the Rolling Stones, or even (god forbid) at a player as he goes to take a match deciding penalty. Then afterwards you get a hundred thousand identical blurry videos on YouTube :yawn:

Amazed. Again.

:wozza:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As an adoptive parent I welcome such rules, to a point.

It's not the taking of the photos that's the problem, it's where they go.

Yes it's highly unlikely the birth family will see the photos and be able to trace my children, which is why I'm fairly relaxed about it.

But there is a possibility and many people have gone to great lengths to keep our location secret, for obvious reasons.
So it would be bloody reckless of us to push the Jnrs in front of every camera going.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The media has put a lot of people into a state of fear when the vast majority of child abusers are in the child's family.
It's natural for parents, and grandparents to want photos of their child blowing out the candles on their cake and recording milestones as they start growing. It's a massive overreaction imo.

Seeing as most child abusers are from the child's family, which is statistically accurate, maybe the rule should be 'No cameras please... unless you're a stranger'. The Daily Mail would have a fit.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Our friends 2 year old is having a birthday party soon. They wanted to take him to this place with Bouncy Castles and Slides. On the flyer it stated No Cameras Please. Seriously has it really got that bad now, that parents can't even take pictures of their own child having fun.

It's the same crap with the Gully Girls. Thought Gully's Girls where great, it's a shame it ended. The country has gone bloody mad in my opinion.

What next?

OK, but are they also switching off the CCTV? Some of these are very high spec and you don't want any pervs or paedos making their own copies of the tapes.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here