• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's damn near impossible I'd say.
Yes and no.
As said I'm pretty relaxed by such things, but it is something that's in my mind more than most.

Which is why the Jnrs will not be parading tin foil cups about the place at the end of the month.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Indeed. Why would you take (as an adult) an iPad to a FOOTBALL match?

A-P-I7pCAAEyIi-.jpg:large

Just to clear up: I didn't take that photo of the old bloke, I've no idea which ground it's at or who he supports. It comes from the @fullkitwankers Twitter account.

Well, the ground is White Hart Line, handily you can see the distinctive "Jumbotron" on his iPad :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it such a bad thing?

The kids growing up now are the most photographed generation in history. Some people can barely let an hour past without posting more boring pictures of their offspring on Facebook- oh look! Here he is EATING! And now he's pulling a funny FACE!- perhaps it would actually be quite nice for kids to just have a fun afternoon without dozens of parents shoving cameras in their faces. I'm sure it won't harm their development if a mere hour or two of their lives isn't captured for permanent posterity.

Cameras do my head in now. I find it profoundly depressing that at every event, nobody actually seems to be watching & soaking up the memories, instead all you can see is a hundred thousand mobile phones pointing at the London Eye New Year fireworks, or at the Rolling Stones, or even (god forbid) at a player as he goes to take a match deciding penalty. Then afterwards you get a hundred thousand identical blurry videos on YouTube :yawn:
Obviously there are a lot of bad photos that don't add much to the world, but I wish there were more decent pictures of me and my family when I was little. I wish I had more decent pictures of my first daughter. I have thousands of pictures of my kids now, and I don't think there'll ever be a point in my life, or their lives, when we wish we had less.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What, so he can't see the massive pitch in front of him but he can see the much smaller version of it on a little screen he's holding up?

The fella is looking intently on his i-pad at the water sprinklers and thinking of golden showers :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Is it such a bad thing?

The kids growing up now are the most photographed generation in history. Some people can barely let an hour past without posting more boring pictures of their offspring on Facebook- oh look! Here he is EATING! And now he's pulling a funny FACE!- perhaps it would actually be quite nice for kids to just have a fun afternoon without dozens of parents shoving cameras in their faces. I'm sure it won't harm their development if a mere hour or two of their lives isn't captured for permanent posterity.

Cameras do my head in now. I find it profoundly depressing that at every event, nobody actually seems to be watching & soaking up the memories, instead all you can see is a hundred thousand mobile phones pointing at the London Eye New Year fireworks, or at the Rolling Stones, or even (god forbid) at a player as he goes to take a match deciding penalty. Then afterwards you get a hundred thousand identical blurry videos on YouTube :yawn:

Couldnt agree more

Regarding the original post, maybe its so their kid isnt splattered all over facebook as seems to happen with any event involving someones bratts

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As an adoptive parent I welcome such rules, to a point.

It's not the taking of the photos that's the problem, it's where they go.

Yes it's highly unlikely the birth family will see the photos and be able to trace my children, which is why I'm fairly relaxed about it.

But there is a possibility and many people have gone to great lengths to keep our location secret, for obvious reasons.
So it would be bloody reckless of us to push the Jnrs in front of every camera going.

I am in the same situation, wont give too many details, but for years our daughter was not allowed anywhere near a camera, for fear that it would end up on the internet, especially school photos. We had potential major probs from the birth parents family and just could not take the risk. We have lifted the ban now, but at the school nativity, the head teacher asked that no photos are to be taken as they have a number of children that cannot be photographed in the school. I agree with the opinions of the other posts, but there are always different circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here