Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No bids for Albion ace Mackail-Smith

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
is macca's touch that bad, im pretty sure its not, think it was only a few home games ago he plucked one out the air which got the whole of amex appluading it. leave it out.

As much as I like CMS (and I do) his first touch is dreadful for the most part. Yes he can take the odd ball but for the most part it can go pretty well anywhere in about a 5 yard radius

If Ulloa is starting I just can't see where Cms will play. The winger in the 4-2-3-1 position? I can't see it. He's an out and out centre forward and Gus isn't gonna go 2 up front is he?

I don't get it either. CMS is at his best when running on to a through ball or one over the top. I don't see him playing deeper and getting on to a knock down or creating space while Ulloa is holding up ... but unless Gus is trying to put his price up by saying he's not interested in selling, then that must be the intention?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Back 4
Bridcutt and Hammond/Crofts because we know 100% Gus will not go less than this with defensive midfielders

Ulloa and CMS

So 2 spaces in our side for

Vicente
Buckley
Orlandi
David
LuaLua
Barnes

Either Gus has got to drop his 2 defensive midfielders approach (and hell hasn't frozen over as far as I know) or he only plays one upfront.

David probably will become first or second choice right back.

How I would love it if Gus went just Bridcutt then Vicente, Buckley, Orlandi behind Ulloa and CMS

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Back 4
Bridcutt and Hammond/Crofts because we know 100% Gus will not go less than this with defensive midfielders

Ulloa and CMS

So 2 spaces in our side for

Vicente
Buckley
Orlandi
David
LuaLua
Barnes

Either Gus has got to drop his 2 defensive midfielders approach (and hell hasn't frozen over as far as I know) or he only plays one upfront.

David probably will become first or second choice right back.

How I would love it if Gus went just Bridcutt then Vicente, Buckley, Orlandi behind Ulloa and CMS

But Hammond and Crofts aren't defensive midfielders, they have more of an attacking role than Bridcutt. From what ive seen we play a formation
CB CB
RB LB
DM
RM LM
RAM LAM
CF

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
I know its a different era and everything but how did the team line up when we had Ward and Mellor up front?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I read this a little different, almost a where are the bids? Gus suggesting that if a team came in with a good bid, its not his fault the player was sold blah blah blah but, IMO putting CMS in the window, in the press as if to say anyone interested? but thats just my take on it and I would love to see us with 2 upfront, been waiting a long time.

Weren't the comments in direct response to a question? He was only talking about it because he was asked to.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Sounds like he is saying he has an idea for a replacement, if we have to sell him to me.

You mean YOUR buying CMS? What will you do with him?

A butler perhaps?

Last edited:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I don't think the Acquisition of Ulloa means the end of Barnes, he is someone who will sit on the bench. Still young and time to grow.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I think Barnes will be kept as he can defend as well, so when we're winning, he can be brought on to rest Ulloa/Hoskins(I think CMS will be sold) later on in the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here