Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No bids for Albion ace Mackail-Smith

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from the argus website
Albion have received no offers for Craig Mackail-Smith and have no desire to lose their top scorer this month after signing Leonardo Ulloa.

Boss Gus Poyet clarified the club's stance on the future of Mackail-Smith at his regular Thursday morning press conference at The Amex.

Ulloa has been bought from Spanish club Almeria to play with Mackail-Smith, not instead of him.

Poyet told The Argus: "I have been asked 150,000 times that Macca needed this kind of striker (Ulloa) to play with him and now that we have got him we are going to send him away!

"At the moment there is nothing. There are constantly a lot of rumours everywhere that people are going and coming but in reality there's nothing at all."

Norwich tried to sign Mackail-Smith during the August transfer window. Leeds have been linked with him in the past and The Argus understands Leicester also remain admirers after losing out when the former Peterborough marksman joined the Seagulls two summers ago.

Poyet said: "With 13 or 14 days left of the transfer window we are on standby, just in case things happen.

"Until now nobody has made any offer so we are nice and happy but you need to be ready, because you don't know what is going to happen.

"We are ready, because I don't want any surprises by the end of the month and then to be in a bad situation with any player, because you know how it is.

"Somebody goes for someone, put all the money on the table and then you have got a problem."

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sounds like he is saying he has an idea for a replacement, if we have to sell him to me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's always said that every player has a price..nothing in particular to CMS.. U could also say that he is part of his plans as clearly said in the interview

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5443816 said:
Sounds like he's saying he can go for the right price

I'm sure that's true of any of our players - just that the price is likely to be high.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus is saying CMS is available at the right price as we have a replacement lined up if a deal goes ahead.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Really hope he plays both of them up top together CMS running the defenders ragged and Ulloa knocking them in with his head.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's always said that every player has a price..nothing in particular to CMS.. U could also say that he is part of his plans as clearly said in the interview

Bridcutt is priceless. He is a player who I really wouldn't want to lose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must read it differently to everybody else as I read it that Gus is saying that he has no intention of selling CMS but if somebody comes in with a price that they cant resist then they would have to consider it. I would suggest that if a bid comes in which shows them a profit it would fall into that category anything less would be rejected.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hwy do you rate Simeon Jackson any Higher than Mackail Smith? i dont get it...

This would be the Simeon Jackson who was the alleged subject of a £1m bid from Wolves? So we would basically be making a loss selling a better player to a higher division.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I must read it differently to everybody else as I read it that Gus is saying that he has no intention of selling CMS but if somebody comes in with a price that they cant resist then they would have to consider it. I would suggest that if a bid comes in which shows them a profit it would fall into that category anything less would be rejected.

Exactly how I read it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"I have been asked 150,000 times that Macca needed this kind of striker (Ulloa) to play with him and now that we have got him we are going to send him away!
:lol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

That's how I read it.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
is macca's touch that bad, im pretty sure its not, think it was only a few home games ago he plucked one out the air which got the whole of amex appluading it. leave it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here