Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No bid for Cureton.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
simple fact about our strike force:

Its not good enough to get us out this division.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Spiros said:
Who says it's anything to do with wages? Hasn't it occurred to you that McGhee might just not be interested in him? He isn't going to want every single player that comes available and happens to get mentioned on this site is he?

Thank you - the voice of reason.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We have scored 37 goals so far this season. Only QPR & Plymouth have scored more.
We need to stop conceding them.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Sorry byf, but I think our strike force is fine, it's our midfield that needs sorting. The fact that Leon has put away 18 goals so far despite our less than creative midfield shows how good he really is. It's not like we create and then miss a load of chances - our recent problems (at least before Boxing Day) were partly because we never even looked like creating anything

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
byf said:

Isn't it?

Leon Knight's well on his way to 30 goals. Would you say if we partnered him with Lee Steele that would be good enough? Because with Steele and Zamora together it was 2 seasons ago ???

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Well I do feel that cureton can play a paul brooker role aswell as partnering knight.

Hes played an attacking midfiled role before and would be a great addition to the squad.

Your right spiros,its not an area where its panic time but the lad brings something that we have lost in sidwell and brooker and bobby and that is.

CREATIVITY.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
byf said:

:angry:

f*** ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE!!!!!

MCPHEE IS PLAYING HIS FIRST FULL SEASON AND HAS 9 GOALS. KNIGHT IS THE BEST STRIKER IN THE LEAGUE!! AND PIERCY HAS PLAYED 2 SCORED 2 AS A STRIKER AND LOOKS DIFFERENT CLASS.

WHAT ARE U ON ABOUT???????

WE NEED MIDFIELDERS- IMAGINE HOWM MANY GOALS WE WOULD HAVE SCORED IF WE HAD TWO GOOD WINGERS!!!!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
No guinness its not good enough!

Knight is doing great and will get 30 goals,but he does not create as much as bobby did.

Yes i would say steele and zamo would do it for us,becuase that was a much stronger strike force than knight and mcphee and was also being crossed balls and balls played to feet by such players as brooker and sidwell and j.lewis.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lets face it we hear of a reasonable budget year after year yet nothing comes of it bar a few loan poxy signings.
We hardly ever buy players as the records show and to think dick says he wants the 1st division is pure bollocks and he knows it.

Clubs who get 3k crowds a week sign a lot more than we do!!!:smokin: :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quality strikers don't find themselves out of work twice in 1/2 a season, which is exactly what has happened to Cureton. He is not the player he was when he kept BZ out of the Bristol Rovers team. If McGhee and Knight don't think he's worth gambling on, I'm happy with that.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
dave the gaffer said:
of course we wont be tabling a bid!!!!!

Look, if Falmer is approved, do you folks seriously think money will suddenly become available...no chance.

This "Falmer or nothing" will haunt us until it is built in 3 to 4 years time........until then we have to put up with what we have.

Yet as sure as eggs is eggs, our Season Tickets will go up next year even if we are faced with mid table mediocrity

Depressed and downcast...moi?

f***ing Archer...its all his fault
Fu-ck me look i see something i see every year at this club.
Falmer which is becoming a joke at a 3 year building time has know reached to a possible 4 years.???

BHA the joke club of english football yet again:angry:

Jamie Cureton
Real name Jamie Cureton
Height 5.08
Weight 10.07
Date of birth 28-08-1975
Place of birth Bristol
Position Forward
Nationality England
Current Club
Currently playing for Pusan I.cons
Signed on 05-07-2003
Fee Free

All time playing career

Club From To Fee League FA Cup League cup Other
Pusan I.cons 05-07-2003 Free No appearance data available
Reading 21-08-2000 05-07-2003 £ 250000 74 (34) 50 5 (2) 2 4 (1) 1 6 (1) 2
Bristol R 17-10-1996 21-08-2000 £ 200000 161 (9) 68 10 (0) 2 7 (1) 2 6 (0) 2
Bristol R 19-09-1996 16-10-1996 Loan 6 (0) 4 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Bournemouth 08-09-1995 Loan 0 (5) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (1) 0
Norwich 05-02-1993 17-10-1996 Trainee 13 (16) 6 0 (2) 0 0 (1) 0 0 (0) 0
Totals £ 450000 254 (64) 128 15 (4) 4 11 (3) 3 12 (2) 4
goals / game 0.40 0.21 0.21 0.28
Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Its nothing to do with mcghee,he's just the puppet.

Its bloody obvious we just cant afford him+im very surprised that we can afford to keep the floodlights on at withdean for a full 90 mins!

As dick knight leans over to perry and whispers have you got 50p for the meter?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
BHA the joke club of english football yet again:angry:

That is the saddest thing I have ever seen a 'fan' type.

I am proud to be a fan of BHA even in the state we are in (which incidentally is a damn sight better than it was 7 years ago)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
FOR FCUK SAKE KNIGHT IS £3K A WEEK TOO MUCH TO GET US BACK IN DIVSION 1?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Quality strikers don't find themselves out of work twice in 1/2 a season, which is exactly what has happened to Cureton. He is not the player he was when he kept BZ out of the Bristol Rovers team. If McGhee and Knight don't think he's worth gambling on, I'm happy with that.

Again thank you. I'm not an expert in our current strike force by any means (although I can see from the stats we are scoring goals).

What I can tell you is that Cureton has done exactly the square root of f*** all in Korea (one of the guys I work with is Korean and we had a long chat about it a couple of weeks ago - plus I've seen some games on football Asia).

You'd be exactly the sort of blokes panning him, McGhee and DK if we spent a huge amount of money and he didn't work out.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Must admit yorkie we do get laughed at?

Yes im proud to support the albion,But it does seem to be 1 thing after the other.

Will it all ever end?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There is a bit of banter about the **** ground etc but deep down a lot of fans admire us for sticking to our guns and getting back to Brighton.

I don't feel other fans laugh at us.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
So what guinness he hasnt made it in korea,wooooooo!

I couldnt give a flying fcuk if he made it there,Im confident that once he gets his match sharpness back he would bang in 15-20 before the end of the season.

If mcphee can get 9 goals in div 2,cureton would get double.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
That is the saddest thing I have ever seen a 'fan' type.

I am proud to be a fan of BHA even in the state we are in (which incidentally is a damn sight better than it was 7 years ago)
Its true yorkie every laughs at us for many reasons and thats because we have potless chairmans with no proper ambition.

BHA one of only a few clubs left who can be big with huge crowds and yet the years just keep rolling on with nothing.:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here