Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No bid for Cureton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cureton would be a very expensive error by this club.

Creative midfielders and defenders please.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lee Steele was arse, he was injury prone and only played half a season, check his Shrewsbury and Oxford stats, and it showed when we were last in div2, overrated!. BZ created many a goal but also scored from great service. Knight is scoring more from less than BZ, McPhee is apparently shite but can still hit nine goals on crap service (better than Lee Steele !!!).
We need a midfield, a creative midfield, Cureton is a striker and a moany bastard at that, he regularly chuck his toys out the pram and has the amazing ability to piss of his managers. Yes he can play in midfield but he is very hit and miss, has a habit of getting booked a lot and losing interest.

If he's such a class act why has no-one else snapped him up, remeber he was up for grabs for most of last season!!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
berkshire seagull said:
BHA the joke club of english football yet again:angry:

Based on what? The fact that we're 5th in the table? The fact that we have the division's top scorer? And this despite the fact that we have crippling outgoings in an unsuitable stadium because we were shafted by a previous owner. OK, so our well known manager left us but he was replaced by another equally well known one.

Do you just expect us to buy every available player and win every match?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Our problem is not rearly up fron its other areas and although everyother club seems to have a few decent strikers we get by,but if knight gets injured we are seriously fu-cked.??? :rolleyes:

berkshire seagull said:
Our problem is not rearly up fron its other areas and although everyother club seems to have a few decent strikers we get by,but if knight gets injured we are seriously fu-cked.??? :rolleyes:

Didn't seem to miss him against Wycombe did we?:lolol: :clap2: :clap2:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Spiros said:
Based on what? The fact that we're 5th in the table? The fact that we have the division's top scorer? And this despite the fact that we have crippling outgoings in an unsuitable stadium because we were shafted by a previous owner. OK, so our well known manager left us but he was replaced by another equally well known one.

Do you just expect us to buy every available player and win every match?
The fact we play at the worse ground in the country and charge a fortune and hassle getting tickets although that will change and be pay on the gate soon.:clap2:

Yeah shafted did happen,but face facts it shouldn't take around 10 years to get a new ground should it or should i say IF we get falmer.

The years have shot by and even knight makes me look a cock by saying years ago when it will happen.
People ask and i tell them what i hear knight say and guess what its now 3 years late and yet people are saying it could be another 4 years.

If you think thats how long it should take then thats your opion!:drink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
berkshire seagull said:

BHA one of only a few clubs left who can be big with huge crowds and yet the years just keep rolling on with nothing.:smokin:

Nothing.

Moved back to Brighton and won first game back home 6-0.

Won 3rd division.

Won 2nd division, equalling a record set by Wolves some 30+ years ago and setting new club record.

Got relegated (can't miss out on the bad ones, we weren't exactly champs that season).

Current day - 5th in Div 2 (higher than we were under, say, Laim Brady) with the 2nd Division's highest scorer.

Let's compare this with....Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Notts Co. Severly f***ed up clubs.

You want to talk "nothing" though? Try being Coventry City. Years and years of being the perenial laughing stocks of the top league followed by the eventual relegation (it must have been like being on death row) and now a barely acknowledged 1st division team. That really is nothing.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Guinness Boy said:
Nothing.

Moved back to Brighton and won first game back home 6-0.

Won 3rd division.

Won 2nd division, equalling a record set by Wolves some 30+ years ago and setting new club record.

Got relegated (can't miss out on the bad ones, we weren't exactly champs that season).

Current day - 5th in Div 2 (higher than we were under, say, Laim Brady) with the 2nd Division's highest scorer.

Let's compare this with....Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Notts Co. Severly f***ed up clubs.

You want to talk "nothing" though? Try being Coventry City. Years and years of being the perenial laughing stocks of the top league followed by the eventual relegation (it must have been like being on death row) and now a barely acknowledged 1st division team. That really is nothing.
Yeah but we still haven't a football ground after nearly 7 years already with yet more years to come.
We have been fortunate on the playing side although some luck was due.:drink:

We have midfielders to come back from injury - Rodger and Oatway to join Chippy, Yeates, Harty, Jonah, Zesh.

WHERE IS THE CREATIVITY?

Our defence is not priority. Blackwell willk be a huge bonus whenver he regains fitness.

So, once again.... We need a winger.

How about David Farrell from Posh?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah but we still haven't a football ground after nearly 7 years already with yet more years to come.
We have been fortunate on the playing side although some luck was due.:drink:

Luck was due? Where is this bank you can get luck from then?

I'm sure a few clubs would like to draw some luck out:lolol: :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
the right footed denilson said:
ERM

COVENTRY WERE ONE OF THE LONGEST SERVING CLUBS IN THE PREMIERSHIP??? THEY ARE IN DIV 1??!!!!

Right and you'd prefer that to winning two championships on the bounce and currently going for the third?

I don't care if it's a lower league, the life of a Coventry fan must be perguatory. Shit town, shit beer, shit club.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Guinness Boy said:
Right and you'd prefer that to winning two championships on the bounce and currently going for the third?

I don't care if it's a lower league, the life of a Coventry fan must be perguatory. Shit town, shit beer, shit club.

erm

no

i wouldnt support anyone over the albion.

but, they are a far bigger club than us so to even bring them up just seems abit 'sour grapes'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Sorry i wasn't suggesting that you'd support them. Mereley that it's been stated on here that we've done "nothing". In fact there are clubs who are undoubtedly bigger who have, in fact, done "nothing" since I was born 32 years ago

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Luck was due? Where is this bank you can get luck from then?

I'm sure a few clubs would like to draw some luck out:lolol: :lolol:
Luck plays a big part in everything and we certainly was due some.:drink:

Mind you getting a new stadium built fast seems to be a 1000,000 miles away.:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here