8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
club text

Hinsh Takes Charge for Cup Tie
Posted on: Wed 04 Nov 2009

By Paul Camillin

Tony Bloom today confirmed that the Albion will not appoint a new manager ahead of Saturday's FA Cup first round tie with Wycombe Wanderers.

Caretaker boss Martin Hinshelwood will be in charge of the team for the game at Adams Park, assisted by Steve Brown and Charlie Oatway, while the club's managerial hunt continues.

Bloom explained, "We will not rush this critical appointment, it is more important to make sure we get the right man. We have drawn up an extensive shortlist of candidates and have been inundated by a number of very good applicants.

"I am continuing the process of due diligence and speaking with the leading candidates, but I do not want to put a timescale on the process.

Meanwhile Bloom refused to comment on speculation linking a number of names to the vacancy, adding, "I have seen the names linked with the job, but at this stage it would be wrong for me to comment on individuals."

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Says to me that Coppell doesn't want the job and Bloom is looking at other candidates.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bugger.

I really think that they should do some kind of white smoke/black smoke Sistine Chapel-type thing while this mysterious, traditional and lengthy ritual takes place, maybe with the smoke coming from one of the portakabins at Withdean.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Lets just hope Phil Brown isnt sacked in the mean time

I imagine that's why he's taking it slow. Waiting to see if Brown gets fired, and his replacement appointed quickly, otherwise he'll be at the whims of potential managers if he wants one of the top names touted at the moment.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
club text

Hinsh Takes Charge for Cup Tie
Posted on: Wed 04 Nov 2009

By Paul Camillin

Tony Bloom today confirmed that the Albion will not appoint a new manager ahead of Saturday's FA Cup first round tie with Wycombe Wanderers.

Caretaker boss Martin Hinshelwood will be in charge of the team for the game at Adams Park, assisted by Steve Brown and Charlie Oatway, while the club's managerial hunt continues.

Bloom explained, "We will not rush this critical appointment, it is more important to make sure we get the right man. We have drawn up an extensive shortlist of candidates and have been inundated by a number of very good applicants.

"I am continuing the process of due diligence and speaking with the leading candidates, but I do not want to put a timescale on the process.

Meanwhile Bloom refused to comment on speculation linking a number of names to the vacancy, adding, "I have seen the names linked with the job, but at this stage it would be wrong for me to comment on individuals."

Did Dick Knight draft that speach for him? Sounds like the same as he always said? :smile:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Says to me that Coppell doesn't want the job and Bloom is looking at other candidates.

Agreed. If the stories that Coppell had been offered the post but wanted assurances over budget and coaches were true this suggests they couldn't agree terms and now it's onto narrowing down the other canditates.

Bit like when we lost out on Gannon and settled for Slade:nono:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oh great.Out of the FA cup in round 1 now.:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here