Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Amex bookmakers ?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Surely we can have the bookies in the North, West and South Stands as the supposef "family stand" is in the East stand. No bookies in the east stand, simples...

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Surely we can have the bookies in the North, West and South Stands as the supposef "family stand" is in the East stand. No bookies in the east stand, simples...

If you can find one that will trade on the clubs terms............................

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
F*** off mate, im in the east stand with my family, and we WANT a bookies too !
any objections ???

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
who needs a bookies anyway. With smart phones, internet it wont be long before bookies on the high streets will be gone. Surely if you want a bet do it before the game. If you want to bet in play then use your blower. Simples

......and what if you cant get a reception ???

Coleman88

May 30, 2008
Blackpool
Absolutely gutted about this!

As most people have stated, I enjoy having a beer and putting a small flutter on the first scorer before the game. I know some have stated that it really isn't that big a deal as you can use your phone to put a bet on, but it just doesn't have the same feeling I'm afraid.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps the bookies dont want to be stung with a hefty fine by a police organised "test purchase" , a 17 year old who could pass as 24 or 25 placing a bet at one of the kiosks ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Coral are the official bookmakers on the club website, perhaps this threw a spanner in the works with potential stadium bookies?

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Ive just got back from The north stand and we have a betting point next to our kiosk. Get in!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Perhaps the bookies dont want to be stung with a hefty fine by a police organised "test purchase" , a 17 year old who could pass as 24 or 25 placing a bet at one of the kiosks ?
Same as can happen in any shop then?
Just ask for ID?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The whole "family atmosphere" excuse is a load of Betty Swallocks.
They are still selling alcohol at the stadium aren't they? Children are allowed at racecourses aren't they? :facepalm:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
The whole "family atmosphere" excuse is a load of Betty Swallocks.
They are still selling alcohol at the stadium aren't they? Children are allowed at racecourses aren't they? :facepalm:

has a spokesman for the club actually stated that this (a betting shop) would be detrimental to a family atmosphere ?

if so by whom ?and when ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
has a spokesman for the club actually stated that this (a betting shop) would be detrimental to a family atmosphere ?

if so by whom ?and when ?

The OP suggested it hence my post. I'm sure the club will comment in due course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here