Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Amex bookmakers ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The original plan to have concourse bookmakers looks like it is going to be shelved as the club are not sure that it fits in with the whole family image thing. Areas originally set aside for this might well now go over to merchandising.

Shame but I suppose most people bet online nowadays.

D

Deleted User X18H

What ??? You're joking. Right, Honest HB&B - all wagers accepted in the 1901.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
No bookies!!!?!?! Well if they are concerned with the family image of it, don't put a bookies in the East Stand (family blocks). Also no chips on the menu is a big mistake

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very strange in the light of our Chairmans habits

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Heard similar although it didn't seem to be 100% at the time.

The betting kiosks are still very much presented as such but there's nothing in them yet.

I think it would be a shame. No-one is going to go crazy at an in-stadium bookie, but they're good for small fun flutters.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We were told this weeks ago, did not now it was newsworthy.
What are the % of people that do actively gamble ?
I know a lot on here do but trying to get an idea of the bigger picture.
I personally have never placed a bet, have bought the odd lottery ticket years ago, but by gambling i mean the traditional type horses / dogs ect where odd are given.

Also how many of a 22,500 crowd will this actually impact ? not many I would have thought so not a big deal is it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We were told this weeks ago, did not now it was newsworthy.
What are the % of people that do actively gamble ?
I know a lot on here do but trying to get an idea of the bigger picture.
I personally have never placed a bet, have bought the odd lottery ticket years ago, but by gambling i mean the traditional type horses / dogs ect where odd are given.

Also how many of a 22,500 crowd will this actually impact ? not many I would have thought so not a big deal is it.

It's not a big thing but it's part of the whole package of trying to get people into the stadium early and make use of the facilities. You'll have a pint with your mates and be discussing the upcoming game. "I really fancy Bridcutt to get one today" you say, and wander over and have a cheeky fiver to back up your hunch. If you get lucky you head home with a pocketful of cash and the warm glow of success in your belly.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's not a big thing but it's part of the whole package of trying to get people into the stadium early and make use of the facilities. You'll have a pint with your mates and be discussing the upcoming game. "I really fancy Bridcutt to get one today" you say, and wander over and have a cheeky fiver to back up your hunch. If you get lucky you head home with a pocketful of cash and the warm glow of success in your belly.

This, definitely

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't bet much but enjoy it at away games when there's a bookie. Shame but I suppose an iPhone and an online account = no problem.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
This, definitely

This 100% definately. I always choose 4 teams to win and chuck a little bit of cash on it. Trouble is it normally takes me an hour or so to pick my teams! If the club want me to arrive at the ground early, they forget it without a betting facility.
If Gambling doesnt suit the family image then Beer, Pies and chips must go to! Be gutted if they dont have a betting point in place as for me it was one of those little touch's that was going to complete Falmer for me.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I must say I'm disappointed. A couple of pints then a bet on the score is good fun

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't bet much but enjoy it at away games when there's a bookie. Shame but I suppose an iPhone and an online account = no problem.

You reckon? My iphone hardly ever worked at Withdean due to the crowd, I doubt they'll work at the Amex.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This 100% definately. I always choose 4 teams to win and chuck a little bit of cash on it. Trouble is it normally takes me an hour or so to pick my teams! If the club want me to arrive at the ground early, they forget it without a betting facility.
If Gambling doesnt suit the family image then Beer, Pies and chips must go to! Be gutted if they dont have a betting point in place as for me it was one of those little touch's that was going to complete Falmer for me.
They have!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here