Tories 36.9%
Farage ukip 12.6%

In 2019 they got 45.6%
Tories 43.6%
Brexit party 2%

In 2024 they got 38%
Tories 24%
Reform got 14%

Would you like me to draw a graph for you or can you figure out that trend line?
Don't forget The Heritage Party. They put up 41 candidates in 2024. Total of 6,597 votes - so you can add that the the right of centre parties!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
FB_IMG_1721340366275.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, and like the NF, the BUF, The BNP etc. they are still the same rich public school boys exploiting the bigotry of a certain section of the working class. Easy answers to difficult questions. There is always a scapegoat, but it's never ever the people who have the money and power, because it's a pup being sold by the people who have the money and power.
When I lived in Crawley in 1982 it was well known that 'types' were being brought down from London for 'adventure weekends' and paramilitary training at a 'country estate'.

Unfortunately the very strange men in charge had too much of a fondness for the more 'attractive' of the young male recruits, so it never gained traction. Someone I worked with had a teenage son who got involved. Little racist skin head.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I saw a news article yesterday, they were interviewing commuters in Northamptonshire. Everyone was in favour of re-nationalising. The private sector has failed
I don't for one minute think our trains are good, they are shite, but I vaguely recall British rail and thinking that was a lot worse.

Dirty trains/even worse delays/poor service/expensive etc etc

I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think renationalising the trains will be the silver bullet

Unless it ends up with cheaper tickets, its going to be the same - people don't use trains in this country because of the cost and more recently the strikes.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Why would re-nationalising the railways be a bad thing?
Because we all know the cost would be astronomical in just wasted wages alone, the reinvestment is massive.

The rail network is open to a complete nationwide strikes, shutting down business and growth.

We all know these crippling strikes will happen. This has always a bottomless pit, just as the NHS is, however any money from labour should be focused on the NHS not the railways in this country. Do one job properly first. Let the private companies deal with the railways.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, 14% (Reform vote) is bigger than 12% (lib Dems ) it's also double the amount of little old Greens 7%

It tells us all how the nation is heading and if Starmer re nationalise the railways and we get the awful Mick lynch banging his drum, the more so called centred starters labour will have misled many voters.

How will that go?

Farage will clean up next term, don't underestimate the right of centre movement, or the Tories will have to change there style radically.
Nobody has to change anything.

If the country wants a racist, protest party with zero workable polices in power, they can vote for Reform.

I’m past caring. It’s over. The idiots won long ago. The world is theirs for the taking.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
So far removed that they had to specifically ask potential candidates whether they'd ever been BNP members:

Presumably they didn't ask whether they'd encouraged people to vote BNP: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw880334dgyo

This stuff isn't hard to find: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/full-list-every-controversial-reform-candidate/ A couple of candidates even withdrew because of the bigotry of their colleagues. The long history of white nationalist links even predates the latest version of the party. In the 2014 Euro election the BNP's Nick Griffin even complained that UKIP was muscling in on his action: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27177864.
You will always get some people who don't understand where reform sit, they are right of centre not far right. Unfortunately it's the far left that are just as guilty in not understanding where reform are positioned.

Sorry but if you chuck me a handful of links, I won't respond, way too much reading for a dyslexic.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You will always get some people who don't understand where reform sit, they are right of centre not far right. Unfortunately it's the far left that are just as guilty in not understanding where reform are positioned.

Sorry but if you chuck me a handful of links, I won't respond, way too much reading for a dyslexic.
I suppose being a f***ing idiot doesn’t help you much either.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Because we all know the cost would be astronomical in just wasted wages alone, the reinvestment is massive.

The rail network is open to a complete nationwide strikes, shutting down business and growth.

We all know these crippling strikes will happen. This has always a bottomless pit, just as the NHS is, however any money from labour should be focused on the NHS not the railways in this country. Do one job properly first. Let the private companies deal with the railways.
Have to disagree in the strongest possible terms.

Private rail companies are absolutely rinsing commuters with enormous dividends being paid out to wealthy shareholding conglomerates. Govia paid out nearly £65m last year in dividends to Kinetic Group (an Australian bus company), Globalvia (a Spanish transport company) and Keolis (a subsidiary of the French state-owned rail service). These are the main three shareholders for Govia.

Meanwhile train fares rise, jobs are cut and services abandoned. An unhappy workforce, very unhappy commuters and a few people at the top making money off the suffering of the British public.

The British rail crisis, much like the NHS crisis, is only going to get worse in private hands.

Renationalise NOW.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
When you say 'wide eyed far left', what does the 'wide eyed' part refer to?

I see the far left as wide eyed, frightened to death of their own shadow , and dramatising in tiny issues, that's just as I picture them, just stop oil protesters seem pretty typical of theire look and actions.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see the far left as wide eyed, frightened to death of their own shadow , and dramatising in tiny issues, that's just as I picture them, just stop oil protesters seem pretty typical of theire look and actions.
Who are the far left?

Do you see climate change as a far left issue?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
AH right got ha, a scared of stuff generalisation

I see em more as angry rather than scared. The far right are the ones that are scared of everything in my eyes. Although I do concede they are fairly interchangeable in this regard.

Anyway, surely not an accusation for anyone on here? We thankfully avoid such extremes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here