Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To be fair to the man of Clacton, I'm sure if any of our friends were shot at by an assassin I'm sure we'd make an effort to go visit them, by his own admission he's only there for a couple days
The News Agents interview doesn't actually make clear that Farage has met with his 'friend' since he arrived in the USA. You'd have thought that the support he says he's providing might have to be in person, but he doesn't say he's spoken to Trump and you can guarantee that he would if he had. Instead he says that Trump's team thought that he should come. He doesn't explain why, after swearing a parliamentary oath to be faithful to the crown, he believes that the whims of activists from another country should take precedent over being faithful to the crown and attending the speech of his king.

E.M. Forster famously wrote “If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.” Farage's actions seem to suggest that he's an unlikely adherent to this maxim. Forster, of course remained faithful to his belief and never swore a parliamentary oath.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The News Agents interview doesn't actually make clear that Farage has met with his 'friend' since he arrived in the USA. You'd have thought that the support he says he's providing might have to be in person, but he doesn't say he's spoken to Trump and you can guarantee that he would if he had. Instead he says that Trump's team thought that he should come. He doesn't explain why, after swearing a parliamentary oath to be faithful to the crown, he believes that the whims of activists from another country should take precedent over being faithful to the crown and attending the speech of his king.

E.M. Forster famously wrote “If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.” Farage's actions seem to suggest that he's an unlikely adherent to this maxim. Forster, of course remained faithful to his belief and never swore a parliamentary oath.
There is no way on earth there wouldn't be a photo if Farage had met up with Trump.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He changed his mind as he knew the country is going to need saving and judging by his decision he made the right choice with a massive following voting for his party, Stuff only dreamed of by the lib dems and greens.
bad News for you …. garage isn’t going to shag you.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He changed his mind as he knew the country is going to need saving and judging by his decision he made the right choice with a massive following voting for his party, Stuff only dreamed of by the lib dems and greens.
Do you ever say anything that's true?

1721313845110.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Saving from what, exactly?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He;s only gone for a few days hasn't he? MPs regularly go abroad and interact with their counterparts. Pretty sure mine went to the Far East for two weeks not that long ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you think that chart proves that the Liberal Democrats had more support than Reform, then you need a refresher course in the vagaries of the UK electoral system.
No, I am saying they were more successful. The poster stated that the Liberals will be looking at Farage in envy.

I know how the electoral system works. It keeps the loonies out, by and large.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
are you aware that he is potty's sock puppet?
If he is Potty he needs to get into the sea for faking a 'diversity' identity.

But I am not persuaded, and we have been warned off such speculation by nice moderators, so we should leave it, OK? :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you think that chart proves that the Liberal Democrats had more support than Reform, then you need a refresher course in the vagaries of the UK electoral system.

What I'm objecting to is the use of bogus statistics to attempt to justify calling someone a liar.

Surely you've been on here long enough to know Harry's views on PR. :ROFLMAO: The stats weren't bogus. They were correct, but as you indicate, not directly relevant to the claim.

However, he was right that the statement 'massive following voting for his party, Stuff only dreamed of by the lib dems and greens.' is a load of old bollo. Reform got just 2.1% more of the vote share than the Lib Dems and 9% less than the Lib Dems got as recently as 2010.

Also a deep understanding of the UK electoral system and how the electorate responded to it's limitations would suggest that tactical voting on the centre left meant that us Labour voters in the South helped elect Lib Dem MPs and the Lib Dems in the Midlands and North helped elect Labour MPs. The low national percentage is because, where they weren't second, the LD vote collapsed. However, where they were second, it held up or increased. Protest voting on the right gave Reform a large vote share in seats that they weren't ever going to win, but disgruntled tories, do not a massive following make.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What I'm objecting to is the use of bogus statistics to attempt to justify calling someone a liar.
Who called who a liar using bogus statistics?

You're not defending someone who thinks Reform have seen off the Liberals are you? Someone who used no statistics, and merely invented a false narrative. You may call that lies if you wish. I'd call it a troll on a wind up.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey he's worked a few up on here anyway.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Do you ever say anything that's true?

View attachment 185803
Yes, 14% (Reform vote) is bigger than 12% (lib Dems ) it's also double the amount of little old Greens 7%

It tells us all how the nation is heading and if Starmer re nationalise the railways and we get the awful Mick lynch banging his drum, the more so called centred starters labour will have misled many voters.

How will that go?

Farage will clean up next term, don't underestimate the right of centre movement, or the Tories will have to change there style radically.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240718-193939.png
    Screenshot_20240718-193939.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 25

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, 14% (Reform vote) is bigger than 12% (lib Dems ) it's also double the amount of little old Greens 7%

It tells us all how the nation is heading and if Starmer re nationalise the railways and we get the awful Mick lynch banging his drum, the more so called centred starters labour will have misled many voters.

How will that go?

Farage will clean up next term, don't underestimate the right of centre movement, or the Tories will have to change there style radically.
Good luck with your right of centre movement :lolol:

I heard the same load of old wank when Webster and Tyndall launched the NF and BNP. And they had their little skin head militia to rough up dissenters.

Are you old enough to have been one of them, I wonder? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here