Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Then your mother clearly didn’t fit the description of the sort of behaviour I was referring to did she. You failed to mention she actually wanted to serve on the Council. 🤷‍♂️

Probably more accurate to describe what I am referring to as “Dummy Candidates” (who are also real peoole btw) to avoid confusion/upset however, Paper Candidates are often fielded with no wish to be elected

No need to take it so personally anyway - it was a criticism of the general practice of ‘paper candidacy’ when it is simply to increase the exposure of the Party or a means of taking votes away from genuine Candidates etc that I was making - not a comment on your specific circumstances. Smaller parties (groups like Reform ) get a disproportionate coverage of their campaign messaging by putting a ‘name’ on every ballot - I think it does a disservice to the electorate if, unlike your Mum, those ‘names’ were in name only and weren’t engaging in any other way with the electorate that they are asking votes for - it doesn’t matter if they get 3 votes - that is 3 people who are using their franchise to vote for them because they would like to be represented by them however unlikely that might be.
Yes, well I did take it personally. And there is still a huge difference between someone whose name is on the ballot, and a completely fictitious entity put on the paper with the sole aim of fooling the public.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Mr Isabel Oakeshott aka Richard Tice.

Here she is finding out she will need to be in Skegness each Friday View attachment 185415
Blimey. Now that's what's commonly known as a face like a smacked arse.

Is she sucking a lemon?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

Lists of enemies of Reform.

In this case teachers that speak against the racist party.

You know, like Russia does and the Nazis did.
Jeez that's a hell of a take. Enemies of Reform, Racist party, Russia and Nazis comparisons all in one post when the guy has actually said that he's got a list of teachers that have been "allegedly" making negative comments regarding Reform. Now I'll say it again, I'm not a reform supporter before there's another stupid pile on. That said no teachers should be directly passing on their own political views on ANY party to any student as gospel.

I also really hoped now that the election is over we might lose some of this really awful language and aggressive vitriol that's become so prevalent on here. Labour have won, I accept that completely and I wish them well because a change is required and fresh ideas welcome.

Reactions: cjd

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Jeez that's a hell of a take. Enemies of Reform, Racist party, Russia and Nazis comparisons all in one post when the guy has actually said that he's got a list of teachers that have been "allegedly" making negative comments regarding Reform. Now I'll say it again, I'm not a reform supporter before there's another stupid pile on. That said no teachers should be directly passing on their own political views on ANY party to any student as gospel.

I also really hoped now that the election is over we might lose some of this really awful language and aggressive vitriol that's become so prevalent on here. Labour have won, I accept that completely and I wish them well because a change is required and fresh ideas welcome.
Sorry … what! You did just listen to the leader of Reform using his maiden speech to slag off the old speaker.🤦‍♂️

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry - dim of me. I know who Tice is, but had somehow missed that he was actually standing himself.
who is the final ****, then.

The Robbie Williams of the band?
James McMurdock - Basildon & Thurrock
won by 98 votes after 3 recounts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I'll say it again, I'm not a reform supporter before there's another stupid pile on. That said no teachers should be directly passing on their own political views on ANY party to any student as gospel.

From listening to my children, many teachers pass on their political views to their students.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Are you saying that schools shouldn’t hold mock elections? My school did 60 years ago.
i would’ve thought any teacher would hold discussions on racism and discrimination with pupils.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
Are you saying that schools shouldn’t hold mock elections? My school did 60 years ago.
i would’ve thought any teacher would hold discussions on racism and discrimination with pupils.
Of course not, that's perfectly normal and happened at my school but the teachers facilitated, not participated.

Yes I fully expect teachers to discuss racism and discrimination but without their own political slants applied.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course not, that's perfectly normal and happened at my school but the teachers facilitated, not participated.

Yes I fully expect teachers to discuss racism and discrimination but without their own political slants applied.
That’s quite likely the situation here, from the article, but a parent complained, so Lowe now has a platform to whinge on.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

But to Reform UK, and many Tories, merely being opposed to racism means that you're a Woke Leftie Commie.

As ever, those on the Right who are always complaining about 'cancel culture' are the people who want to silence views and people they disagree with.

Of course, they try to conceal their authoritarian instincts and intolerance by pretending that their objections are linked to someone's employment - "They shouldn't be allowed to say that, because they work for the BBC, in a school, or for the civil service. But people employed in the private sector, or who send their kids to private school, should be free to complain about the policies of a Labour government."

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
That’s quite likely the situation here, from the article, but a parent complained, so Lowe now has a platform to whinge on.
That's an assumption, I didn't think we were allowed to make those on here, all hell broke loose last time.

That teachers are passing on their political views to students is nothing new, it's been happening for years. The articles states parents so more than one but let's see if anything comes of it, I suspect not but it's not a reason for people to start bandying around Nazi & Racist comments.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Pretty funny seeing Reform whining about FPTP and saying we need PR. There was a referendum on that in 2011. They are forgetting the current electoral system is the 'democratic will of the people' and can never be overturned.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
But to Reform UK, and many Tories, merely being opposed to racism means that you're a Woke Leftie Commie.

As ever, those on the Right who are always complaining about 'cancel culture' are the people who want to silence views and people they disagree with.

Of course, they try to conceal their authoritarian instincts and intolerance by pretending that their objections are linked to someone's employment - "They shouldn't be allowed to say that, because they work for the BBC, in a school, or for the civil service. But people employed in the private sector, or who send their kids to private school, should be free to complain about the policies of a Labour government."
I agree here but I don't think it's a sizeable proportion. There are stupid people on both sides who are completely unable to have a grown up debate without resulting to throwing insults around. If you reverse (a bit) your comment and say "Many on the left think anyone who votes Tory or Reform are far right racists" then that's equally wrong IMO.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
That's an assumption, I didn't think we were allowed to make those on here, all hell broke loose last time.

That teachers are passing on their political views to students is nothing new, it's been happening for years. The articles states parents so more than one but let's see if anything comes of it, I suspect not but it's not a reason for people to start bandying around Nazi & Racist comments.

Don't you know the NSC rules by now?
1. Anyone to the right of Jeremy Corbyn is a Nazi and if you dare to have a different opinion than that you're a fascist.
2. Anyone who doesn't agree with the standard view on here is assumed to be racist until they prove otherwise 20 times on a daily basis.
3. People who live in Sussex have a much more enlightened view of the effects of immigration than those who live in areas most affected by it.
4. The Guardian is the beacon of truth and should be quoted during any debate. Any other publication is misinformation.
5. Anyone who doesn't agree with the standard view on here is clearly thick and manipulated by the "right wing media".
I'm sure there's a few more but I'm just a fat lazy gammon who is too thick to think of any more ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here