Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It doesn't appear to be sold yet, one of its branches 4 Venture is private. So what you are saying is Channel 4 is totally part of the Establishment?
does your career involve brooms?

There’s a massive difference between the PSB ( Public Service Broadcasting) framework we have in the UK and ‘State Owned’ media.

The Channel 4 Corporation was made a statutory independent body under the Broadcasting Act 1990 but like any other PSB channel (ie BBC channels and ITV) is commercially run - (the BBC through licensing fees/commercial enterprises). If you honestly believe there is no difference between Channel 4 and eg. Russia Today (RT) or any other actual State funded, State controlled media, then need to give your head a wobble.

PSBs are regulated by Ofcom, to provide independent and culturally diverse and regionally unbiased broadcasting as a service to the public. They are not ‘financed by the State’ nor is programme content controlled by the State.

If you want to really understand the debate around PSB and the changes behind the current regulatory framework of PSBs like Channel 4 to make them more competitive in a highly digitalised global industry, then I suggest you read this :

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Globalist shills
Smear campaign
The establishment.

Does NSC deserve this Trumpist/Putinist dogshit? This isn't political debate. Its a mental breakdown with virtual novichok. It is Das Reich in a C&A suit. Why are we having to tolerate this bollocks?

Calling @Guinness Boy
If talking complete bollocks was a banning offence you’d all be banned, and so would I,

Although Dingo does manage it on every post….

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There’s a massive difference between the PSB ( Public Service Broadcasting) framework we have in the UK and ‘State Owned’ media.

The Channel 4 Corporation was made a statutory independent body under the Broadcasting Act 1990 but like any other PSB channel (ie BBC channels and ITV) is commercially run - (the BBC through licensing fees/commercial enterprises). If you honestly believe there is no difference between Channel 4 and eg. Russia Today (RT) or any other actual State funded, State controlled media, then need to give your head a wobble.

PSBs are regulated by Ofcom, to provide independent and culturally diverse and regionally unbiased broadcasting as a service to the public. They are not ‘financed by the State’ nor is programme content controlled by the State.

If you want to really understand the debate around PSB and the changes behind the current regulatory framework of PSBs like Channel 4 to make them more competitive in a highly digitalised global industry, then I suggest you read this :

Ofcom is headed up by Tory Sir Michael Grade, so not quite as neutral as we’d like it to be.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Nothing burger.
Some of the reform types are a bit rough and ready, but then a labour party member got cashiered for it the other day. Its the inevitable smear campaign from the establishment as reform grows. Latest poll I saw said Reform more voters than Tories 17 and 15 percent with 18 seats to 60 respectively. That would be a major victory as all the other parties are globalist shills.
He's saying what every Reform voter thinks but won't say out loud:

We hate Muslims
We hate LGBTQ+
Everyone with brown skin is the same

It's quite refreshing to hear the honesty rather than 'politicians are all the same', 'man of the people' etc.

You can't be voting for their economic policies because saying they were written on the back of a fag packet is an insult to Philip Morris.

You're voting for (minor) Public School Boy Tommy Robinson. ppf with a suit and charisma. Just admit it. All of you.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If talking complete bollocks was a banning offence you’d all be banned, and so would I,

If it was who I suggested it was (And you reacted to), he has received multiple permanent bans.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
If it was who I suggested it was (And you reacted to), he has received multiple permanent bans.
It's not who you said it was. It was funny but untrue.

He had a very similar account that flounced when Trump lost.

Looney was last seen being pro-lockdown which was quite the volte face.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's not who you said it was. It was funny but untrue.

He had a very similar account that flounced when Trump lost.

Looney was last seen being pro-lockdown which was quite the volte face.
Well he died of Covid live on NSC so you can close the account anyway

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ofcom is headed up by Tory Sir Michael Grade, so not quite as neutral as we’d like it to be.

I wasn’t suggesting Ofcom was completely neutral and I agree - ( and Ofgem certainly isn’t when it comes to setting fuel price caps) but they are just the PSB regulator, the Channel 4 Corporation is statutorily independent and a commercially run enterprise.

Crawly Dingo comparing Channel 4 to something like RT, a truly State owned, State controlled broadcasting channel is utterly ridiculous which is the point I was making.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fun fact Wrestling's Kent Walton ran off with Michael Grade's Mum when Grade was a little kid, as a result he didn't speak to his Mum for years, and the whole saga was looming in the background when Grade, with Greg Dyke fronting it, axed grappling from ITV in 1988 and effectively killed off British wrestling. (revenge is indeed a dish best served cold)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’ve got the Reform brigade of the family around at the weekend. Keep the retorts going as building a useful armoury.
I guess mentioning that Reform UK attracts lots of individuals and groups with racist inclinations could potentially put off people who are concerned or uncomfortable supporting a party associated with racist support. Highlighting such associations may influence their decision-making proces. Although I suspect strongly that people who are still Farage fans after his recent explicit defence of Putin aren't going to have their opinions changed unless they're really anti-racist and not in denial about their prejudices against people that don't look like them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Fair enough. I guess it isn't as if he's trying to spread an anti-vax conspiracy, or suchlike.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I guess mentioning that Reform UK attracts lots of individuals and groups with racist inclinations could potentially put off people who are concerned or uncomfortable supporting a party associated with racist support. Highlighting such associations may influence their decision-making proces. Although I suspect strongly that people who are still Farage fans after his recent explicit defence of Putin aren't going to have their opinions changed unless they're really anti-racist and not in denial about their prejudices against people that don't look like them.

I'd like to think that Reform's support would go down after the Channel 4 news report yesterday, but I can't help thinking was there anyone who was supporting Reform who didn't know exactly what they were prior to that ?

Really :down:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd like to think that Reform's support would go down after the Channel 4 news report yesterday, but I can't help thinking was there anyone who was supporting Reform who didn't know exactly what they were prior to that ?

Really :down:
I don't think it will, unfortunately. The 14-15% that the polls are still showing for Reform after the past week are the sort of people that will turn a blind eye and/or be in denial about the racist support for the party.

The good thing is that this 15% is thinly spread across all constituencies and will hinder the Cons far more than it'll benefit Farage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve got the Reform brigade of the family around at the weekend. Keep the retorts going as building a useful armoury.
Shove an Eddie Izzard dvd in the player, and shriek at the guest for standing in the wrong part of the room and ruining the feng shui. They'll soon be gone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think it will, unfortunately. The 14-15% that the polls are still showing for Reform after the past week are the sort of people that will turn a blind eye and/or be in denial about the racist support for the party.

The good thing is that this 15% is thinly spread across all constituencies and will hinder the Cons far more than it'll benefit Farage.
"Everyone knows you can't really be English if you're a darky.
As for women, they don't talk a lot of sense, do they.
And don't start me on poofs and kiddie fiddlers.
Sink the boats!"

I recon at least 15% of the population would nod in agreement with the sentiments above, and accuse me of being part of The Elite for saying so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d also point out they’re a bit thick, as Farage implied with his “not politically sophisticated” comment. If you want to be associated with thick racists then fill yer boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here