Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They’re for real. And there’s a heck of a lot of them.
Like there was in 1930’s Germany
A minority that grew into enough (just under 30%) that gave a nice chap called Adolf, enough of a political platform to seize power
Couldn’t happen here though eh?
Nope.

We don't have PR.

Thank f***.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Two things can be true at once here;

1. This is an outrageous assault and utterly unacceptable
2. Farage is a twat whose rhetoric and actions increases the risk of twats doing this
I agree, as much as I'd like to see Froggy croak (of natural causes) sometime soon and every dog in the neighbourhood use his grave as a toilet, attacking political candidates is definately a no-no. Sadly, it makes the opposition to him look the bad guys and he'll milk it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Only takes one guy to burn down the Reichstag...
Yes but THIS one guy wasn't/isn't a 'mob' (his feelings about the country, unknown).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s exactly the violent division he seeks.

Yes, protect him, but let’s not pretend it’s not his fault.
Mate, you know I loath the carpet-bagging shit.

But it is not his fault if he is physically attacked.

If he has broken the law by what he has said, he can be arrested.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes but THIS one guy wasn't/isn't a 'mob' (his feelings about the country, unknown).
My point was more that those who wish to can whip up rhetoric about individuals to imprison thousands of people. Sorry it wasn’t intended as a criticism of your point.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Only takes one guy to burn down the Reichstag...
Well they found one guy to be the fall guy no don’t think anyone really knows for sure who did it do they? It was very fortunate timing for the Nazis.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My point was more that those who wish to can whip up rhetoric about individuals to imprison thousands of people. Sorry it wasn’t intended as a criticism of your point.
Gotcha :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree, as much as I'd like to see Froggy croak (of natural causes) sometime soon and every dog in the neighbourhood use his grave as a toilet, attacking political candidates is definately a no-no. Sadly, it makes the opposition to him look the bad guys and he'll milk it.
Just as I deplore the assault, I also deplore his (and other peoples') attempts to conflate this to include anyone who disagrees with him.

I think he's a ****, but I ain't a bad guy (when you get to know me).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mate, you know I loath the carpet-bagging shit.

But it is not his fault if he is physically attacked.

If he has broken the law by what he has said, he can be arrested.

He stokes the division with his comments about Muslims and White British culture, and hires people who admire Hitler and Putin.

That’s divisive AF and quite deliberately so.

Agreed, he hasn’t thrown the brick at himself, but tone down the rhetoric and no one else would either.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He stokes the division with his comments about Muslims and White British culture, and hires people who admire Hitler and Putin.

That’s divisive AF and quite deliberately so.

Agreed, he hasn’t thrown the brick at himself, but tone down the rhetoric and no one else would either.
This sounds suspiciously like victim blaming.

As long as he stays within the confines of the law, I don’t see what else can be done. You can’t go around saying “they were asking for it”. It’s not a valid defence in court, unless directly provoked and acting in self defence. Which clearly neither party was.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't like this, just increases his sense of being the victim.

Get him in with a proper journalist for a proper grilling interview and he'll fall apart quickly
Absolutely. Smash the cretin with words, not bricks. Don’t make him - or anyone else - a martyr. Let’s do politics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Folks, some of us saw this coming.

For pages and pages I’ve been saying that it isn’t the milkshake per se, it’s the very real danger of normalising assaulting politicians in what should be a democracy.

I spoke before at some length about one-upmanship and the dangerous risk of copycat attacks, particularly due to exposure and engagement via TikTok et al.

This can not be laughed off or trivialised as many did originally, because some of us see the bigger picture and the inherent risk in undermining our democracy by not absolutely condemning attacks of any politician in public.
It happened 90 years ago when someone threw bricks at Oswald Mosley. I mentioned it the other day. Fascists will always attract violent protestors.
That doesn’t make it right, but it’s unsurprising.

Don’t blame me, I’m out of the country.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I understand the urge to throw things at the c8%t. But it's not appropriate and fuels his arguments and his victimhood. He needs to be absolutely battered into submission at the ballot box but there should be no violence of any kind against him, or other politicians. Or anyone else, for any reason. Even in Portslade (Hove, actually).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here