Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Michelle Husain on R4 Today asking Farage for a lot of detail about his policies. I'd say he didn't enjoy that...
In fact he thought they were rubbish and he had to sort them out.

Where are the Greens and Lib Dems who actually have policies and members?

Balanced BBC my arse.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In fact he thought they were rubbish and he had to sort them out.

Where are the Greens and Lib Dems who actually have policies and members?

Balanced BBC my arse.
In fairness they did have Ed Davy on a few minutes after. Overall the nicotine stained fash is getting way too much coverage

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, Starmer.
To be fair, with Farage in charge of Reform and the Tory vote split we’ll be getting 10/15 years of Sir Keir followed by Burnham or Streeting.

By that time I’ll be retired and the kids will have been through Uni so all good 👍

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Just like the British Empire when they came flooding in from all over before anyone had the sense to stop them - the first step is plenty of performance utterance about how their cultures don’t fit into ours and we could be overrun. Once we are all jolly afraid we won’t recognise ourselves if it carries on, the next step is to introduce popular immigration laws to stop them coming in and well, preferably send home the ones already here:

👍

We are a nation built on invasion and immigration ….. Romans, Vikings, Angles, Jutes, Saxons ( Sussex any one?), Normans, Jews, Muslims, Huguenots, protestants from Europe, the list is almost endless and it has been going since before the Romans.

The greatest living Englishman is apparently Churchill, whose mother was an America, Isembard Kingdom Brunel, the colossus of Engineering, was half French, that useless **** Boris Johnson was born in the US and is of hungarian, Turkish and American stock. An absolute mongrel. Wellington was born in Dublin. Again a ver long list.

That great British bastion ‘Fish and Chips’ was brought to the UK by Jewish immigrants and then of course there’s something called curry.

Granted there should be some form of immigration control, as to ensure the billionaires can’t buy whole chucks of the country without contributing as their predecessors would have done.
Bottom line is blaming immigration for getting rid of our Britishness is absolute bollocks. Let’s face it being British means you are either English, Welsh or Scottish. Being English is as about a vanilla as you can get!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
To be fair, with Farage in charge of Reform and the Tory vote split we’ll be getting 10/15 years of Sir Keir followed by Burnham or Streeting.

By that time I’ll be retired and the kids will have been through Uni so all good 👍
Absolutely delighted you think that the next few terms will be so prosperous, contented and promising. It's refreshing that the outlook for the nation is so bright after all of the recent doom and gloom.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And about time too. I am sick to the teeth of the current levels of immigration, particularly from non-EU countries. Someone needs to get a grip of things if this country is retain any of its identity.
Quite right. If we don’t stop all these foreigners coming over we’ll never be able to keep hold of our traditions.

Since when did we need any foreign influence to do what we Brits do best, eat curry and drink Dutch lager before driving our German cars home to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American TV shows on Japanese TVs while playing with our South Korean smartphones?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
And the supposedly anti-Cancel Culture free-speech-loving Tories are the ones who last year enacted legislation to curb peaceful protests, while constantly denouncing human rights and civil liberties

So yes, the right to express opinions is being eroded - by the Right, who like to portray themselves as the victims of nasty Lefties. Because for the Right, merely being questioned or challenged over the accuracy of their views is deemed to be oppressing them

The Rihjt are the ultimate 'snowflakes' who are easily offended, and wallow in their imagined vitimhood.

Do you have any examples of this suppression of opinion?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We are a nation built on invasion and immigration ….. Romans, Vikings, Angles, Jutes, Saxons ( Sussex any one?), Normans, Jews, Muslims, Huguenots, protestants from Europe, the list is almost endless and it has been going since before the Romans.
What about we third generation Trinidadian immigrants then? In any discussion of 'bloody immigrants', nobody ever mentions us ! Oooh, it makes me mad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you have any examples of this suppression of opinion?
Women unlawfully (proved in the High Court) arrested for peacefully protesting the murder of Sarah Everard, by the order of Pritti Patel.

Peaceful protestors arrested and imprisoned for walking slowly, in protest over Climate Chsnge, including a vicar and a pensioner.

Members of the press arrested for covering a Stop Oil demonstration, on a motorway bridge, despite showing the police, their press credentials, having their homes raided, whilst being held at the police station, and all their family laptops, including children examined.

That’s for starters.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Someone on QT (it may have been that twat journalist Giles or Miles something. Piers Moron. That's the laddie) said he was too scared to stand. So he decided on the spur of the moment to lose a deposit in Essex.

You don't seriously imaging Fazza has a plan and a strategy other than to hurl fist-fulls of shit (probably out of his own bum) do you?

Well, it’s clear to me that Farage is working for the same people who have bankrolled the Conservative Party’s rightward lurch. Farage is in the same gang as Truss/Braverman/Badenoch et al.

As to whether he has a plan or not, possibly not, but somebody (probably at a higher pay grade) has the idea that by keeping the Reform Party going, it holds the Conservatives to a further right position than they might otherwise take, so it’s having a significant effect on our national politics.

Part of me welcomes it, as it splits the right/far-right vote, but I can foresee a sudden decision at the 11th hour to withdraw all candidates (if those bankrolling Reform get what they want from the Conservatives) leading to a late and sudden surge in support for the Conservatives.

In this election I don’t think it’s enough, but in future elections it may be.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

The greatest living Englishman is apparently Churchill, whose mother was an America, Isembard Kingdom Brunel, the colossus of Engineering, was half French, that useless **** Boris Johnson was born in the US and is of hungarian, Turkish and American stock. An absolute mongrel. Wellington was born in Dublin. Again a ver long list.

That great British bastion ‘Fish and Chips’ was brought to the UK by Jewish immigrants and then of course there’s something called curry.

Granted there should be some form of immigration control, as to ensure the billionaires can’t buy whole chucks of the country without contributing as their predecessors would have done.
Bottom line is blaming immigration for getting rid of our Britishness is absolute bollocks. Let’s face it being British means you are either English, Welsh or Scottish. Being English is as about a vanilla as you can get!
I really think you missed the irony of my post.😂

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What about we third generation Trinidadian immigrants then? In any discussion of 'bloody immigrants', nobody ever mentions us ! Oooh, it makes me mad.
My apologies. I should add my mother into the mix, who came over with a lot of Galician’s (north Spain) in the 60’s … and then there are the Italians, who came over to Sussex at the same time. Missed off those from the I dian sub continent as well. It’s f***ing big list!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Quite right, West Indians should be on the list with all the wonderful cultural influences brought to this country. Add to that all the amazing athletes in various sport, actors etc (a long list) & generally lovely people.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just another few weeks of this idiot being given way too much coverage and then he can slink off to his next earner. When he loses his 8th election can we please finally flush him away for good...

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
When you are the off spring of an immigrant then fararge and irony isn’t as much fun as it should be …
You should try being the product of an c19th Spanish immigrant, who changed his name to anglicise it, got a job as a judge, took his family to lord it in Trinidad, and came back with a bigger family of many colours. Utter f***ing chaos. I blame the Spaniards.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You should try being the product of an c19th Spanish immigrant, who changed his name to anglicise it, got a job as a judge, took his family to lord it in Trinidad, and came back with a bigger family of many colours. Utter f***ing chaos. I blame the Spaniards.
Bloody foreigners

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
How often do you see Left-wing or Liberal opinions expressed or promoted in the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Telegraph, The Times, or The Sun or on GBNews.

Right-wing opinions - however inaccurate or ill-informed - are loudly trumpeted in all of the above media; it Is other opinions which are ignored, misrepresented, sneered at, or silenced.

But you Right-wingers love playing the victim - even while attacking and bullying your political opponents.

Far too precious.

The Mail and Telegraph are Tory papers. They have their base and they give them what they want. The Times carries a wide range of opinion pieces and certainly includes plenty of criticism of the Tories though yes, they’re essentially a conservative paper. The Sun is a populist rag that I’ve not seen for 20 years or so but they will hitch their wagon to whatever’s passing as long as it has big boobs. I remember when they were pro-Labour back in Blair's day.

It’s easy to throw your moany question back at you. How often do you see 'right leaning' or pro-Tory pieces in the Guardian, Daily Mirror, Independent, inews, on Channel 4, etc? And I wouldn’t expect to either. These are left-leaning media.

I despise them all — the Telegraphs and Guardians of this world. I don’t know why what I want is so hard to achieve, or so undesirable — a newspaper that carries pieces from all sides of the political and social spectrum, and articles that look at all sides of an argument and invites the reader to reach their own conclusions. I want information, not propaganda.

My favourite political commentator is Stephen Bush, ex-New Statesman political editor, now working at the Financial Times. Although a man of the left at heart he’s a brilliant and balanced political analyst, just as happy dissecting Sir Keir as he is rubbishing Rishi. The FT is an excellent paper IMO but I can’t afford to subscribe. I treat myself to the FT when going on a long train journey and always feel I’ve learnt something. Occasionally I buy a copy of both the New Statesman AND the Spectator. It’s fascinating to read about the same thing from different perspectives. Brilliant writing too, in the main.

But there’s a mass of pro-Labour, 'liberal', left-wing media out there. Include social media too, where most people actually get their news these days. (How about NSC - do you find there’s an even split of opinion here?) But there’s no point in picking up a copy of the Daily Mail and complaining that it’s full of anti-Labour stuff. It’s a Tory paper FFS. It’s like complaining about dogs barking. It’s what they do. Get a cat instead and be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here