Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If you like Putin or not he has an opinion. He is allowed to project that opinion in Russia. Sadly in this Country the right to have an opinion is being taken away from us by fact checking. You want us to end up like Russia? Just coz you have an education and understand the basic principles of logic, what right have you got to say I’m wrong? You ain’t. I will vote for the party that keeps my right to have an opinion. Some people say it’s all about opinions, are you going to shut them up too? Thought not. I won't say anymore.
I think the modern mullet (you find all over twitter) is overrated.

IMG_4901.jpeg

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree.

One of my favourite songs is Waving Flags by British Sea Power. Take a listen everyone. The sentiment is perfect.

I have no idea how we are going to reduce the levels of legal immigration when we need them here to boost productivity, earn wages and pay taxes. And we need that if we’re going to have nurses in affordable old people’s homes to wipe my arse! And those nurses may well be legal immigrants too. So in the words of Taylor Swift, let’s all stop being haters that hate hate hate.

The illegal immigrants, of which I think there are about 45,000 are a mix of people who are either a) desperate to escape war and want more for their families, b) economic migrants chancing their arm from other European countries (Albania - although this has dropped) c) criminals. We have to be honest and say that some are well dodge.

That’s why, as Harry says, clamping down on the criminals rather than just labeling everyone an illegal or a small boater. The Tory policy is to create bogeymen. Especially among our own who have nothing. “See that poor bastard on that boat who has nothing? I know you’ve got nothing, but he wants what you haven’t got.”

The Tories aren't the only ones to create a bogeyman! I see quite a lot of posts from people (who I assume are Labour supporters; certainly left of centre!) piling on to the fearful peril that is Farage! (and no, I certainly won't be voting Reform, but I do find all the outrage about Farage rather amusing). A good bogeyman - and especially the outrage and fury about him - is always good comedy value, no?

Good that a previously rather dull and very predictable general election suddenly has a bit of entertainment value (which won't ultimately affect the result).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If you like Farage or not he has an opinion. Sadly in this Country the right to have an opinion is being taken away from us. I won't say anymore.
Farage had appeared on BBC^s Question Time regularly over the last decade, far more often than most other public figures

And the supposedly anti-Cancel Culture free-speech-loving Tories are the ones who last year enacted legislation to curb peaceful protests, while constantly denouncing human rights and civil liberties

So yes, the right to express opinions is being eroded - by the Right, who like to portray themselves as the victims of nasty Lefties. Because for the Right, merely being questioned or challenged over the accuracy of their views is deemed to be oppressing them

The Rihjt are the ultimate 'snowflakes' who are easily offended, and wallow in their imagined vitimhood.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Farage had appeared on BBC^s Question Tome regularly over the last decade, far more often than most other public figures

And the supposedly anti-Cancel Culture free-speech-loving Tories are the ones who last year enacted legislation to curb peaceful protests, while constantly denouncing human rights and civil liberties

So yes, the right to express opinions is being eroded - by the Right, who like to portray themselves as the victims of nasty Lefties. Because for the Right, merely being questioned or challenged over the accuracy of their views is deemed to be oppressing them

The Rihjt are the ultimate 'snowflakes' who are easily offended, and wallow in their imagined victimhood.
The victimhood is straight out of the Trump playbook.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Reform UK are simply an even more Right-wing version of the Conservative Party, who offer more of the policies we've suffered over the last few decades but applied even more ruthlessly.

The idea that Farage and Reform genuinely care about poverty wages, reliance on Food Banks, homelessness, underfunded public services, corporate greed, unaffordable housing, graduate debt, etc is nonsense - except in their disingenuous belief or claim that all of these issues will somehow be solved by stopping immigration.

Only the naive, gullible and uneducated fall for this simplistic nonsense, mesmerised by the cult of 'cheeky chappy' anti-Establishment man-of-the-people Nigel Farage - who is actually a public-school-educated, wealthy, trader in the City.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Absolutely
How often do you see Left-wing or Liberal opinions expressed or promoted in the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Telegraph, The Times, or The Sun or on GBNews.

Right-wing opinions - however inaccurate or ill-informed - are loudly trumpeted in all of the above media; it Is other opinions which are ignored, misrepresented, sneered at, or silenced.

But you Right-wingers love playing the victim - even while attacking and bullying your political opponents.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Farage had appeared on BBC^s Question Tome regularly over the last decade, far more often than most other public figures

The Rihjt are the ultimate 'snowflakes' who are easily offended, and wallow in their imagined vitimhood.

Oh absolutely, the Right are constantly complaining about not being allowed to give their opinion on things they give their opinion on ALL THE TIME!

Jon Stewart recently did a brilliant piece about cancel culture and what it really means.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How often do you see Left-wing or Liberal opinions expressed or promoted in the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Telegraph, The Times, or The Sun or on GBNews.

Right-wing opinions - however inaccurate or ill-informed - are loudly trumpeted in all of the above media; it Is other opinions which are ignored, misrepresented, sneered at, or silenced.

But you Right-wingers love playing the victim - even while attacking and bullying your political opponents.
the naked gun facepalm GIF

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Michelle Husain on R4 Today asking Farage for a lot of detail about his policies. I'd say he didn't enjoy that...
"Stop the boats. Er curb immigration. Um, keep foreigners out. Ah, control who we let in."

"What other policies do you have, Mr Farage. For example, on employers who pay poverty wages, slum landlords, endemic job insecurity, record levels of inequality, crumbling public services...?"

"Stop it! You're trying to silence me. Typical BBC."

Angrily unclips lapel microphone and flounces out of the studio.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
"Stop the boats. Er curb immigration. Um, keep foreigners out. Ah, control who we let in."

"What other policies do you have, Mr Farage. For example, on employers who pay poverty wages, slum landlords, endemic job insecurity, record levels of inequality, crumbling public services...?"

"Stop it! You're trying to silence me. Typical BBC."

Angrily unclips lapel microphone and flounces out of the studio.
Farage is without doubt a good speaker and has a level of charisma.

It all sounds quite convincing until asked about the detail and how he would deliver. Then gets tetchy...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here