Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m wondering about the discussions we’re not privy to.

I wonder if our Nige has suggested he’d make a great leader of the Conservative Party, and unless he gets something agreed Reform will run against the Conservatives.

Today’s announcement makes sense if the Conservatives have suggested they don’t think Reform will get big numbers, and Nige has called their bluff.

That or he’s had a (metaphorical) rocket up his arse from the fella bankrolling him, who’s seen that things look grim and insisted he stand as an MP.

I can’t make sense of the timing otherwise.
Someone on QT (it may have been that twat journalist Giles or Miles something. Piers Moron. That's the laddie) said he was too scared to stand. So he decided on the spur of the moment to lose a deposit in Essex.

You don't seriously imaging Fazza has a plan and a strategy other than to hurl fist-fulls of shit (probably out of his own bum) do you?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you like Farage or not he has an opinion. Sadly in this Country the right to have an opinion is being taken away from us. I won't say anymore.
Farage’s “opinion” changes faster than this board’s opinions in a match day thread. He has no values except the opinion he deserves to be rich and important.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm not.

That's why I'm voting labour.

Drain the swamp.
And how do you think they are going to solve the problem of the excessive level of immigration assuming, of course, you think there is one?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'll make a confession here - in 2001 in Bexhill and Battle Farage stood and was talking a good game etc despite never really standing a chance of winning in hindsight, but I wasn't taking any chances though so I held my nose, voted Greg Barker (Tory) to keep the **** out. I hope the people of Clacton see sense here too.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you like Farage or not he has an opinion. Sadly in this Country the right to have an opinion is being taken away from us. I won't say anymore.
Yes Farage and his opinons are definately silenced. And we are lucky they were, imagine the dangerous and damaging outcomes of taking his hateful and divisive shite on board might have caused.

If people believed it of course.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thanks but I really don't need a lecture from a Liberal leftie. If you're happy with the way this country is going that's fine, but I'm not - and an awful lot of people would say the same if they weren't afraid of being called out for their views by people who bury their heads in the sand and claim that everything's fine.
So your suggestion of how to deal with the fact that you are not happy with the way the country is going, is to elect the same party who have been responsible for the way the country has been going for the last 13 years.

Perhaps you have good reason to be scared of being called out for your views. Flawed logic at best.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This was the question the Mirror hack tried to lay on him today, she was the only one reading her question from a phone (as no doubt dictated from HQ).

Well that went well....... 39 mins 5 secs.

But he didn't actually answer the question :shrug:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’m quite pleased he’s standing. The campaign has been as dull as ditchwater so far and this is certain to, as I think he said himself, spice it up. I’m in the luxurious position of not being wedded to any particular party or ideology. Elections are a spectator sport. A bit of modest intellectual jousting. If the outcome of the election was in doubt I’d be more engaged but we all know Labour is certain of winning. So I need entertainment and Farage provides that, not only by being the most adept political leader of those currently on display, but also because of the impact he has on his enemies. The emotion he stirs in people is fascinating to witness, here and elsewhere.

The repercussions of his decision on the political landscape will be no less compelling to watch. Will Reform actually start to challenge the Tories nationally? We know his candidacy will capsize the Tories in Clacton but to what degree will his impact ripple across the country? It’s traditional to see Reform solely as a Tory offshoot but the UKIP experience showed us that Labour can be vulnerable too. Is it possible that Reform might overwhelm even Labour in a few red wall seats? We don’t yet know the answer to any of these questions but it’ll be very interesting to see. You certainly get the sense that this might deal a mortal blow to the current Tory party.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep. These days if you have an opinion, you get arrested and thrown in jail.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And about time too. I am sick to the teeth of the current levels of immigration, particularly from non-EU countries. Someone needs to get a grip of things if this country is retain any of its identity.
Maybe Farage will suggest leaving the commonwealth... You could have a refurendum.

And then the Tories could let even more people in, and tell you they are the only party that can solve the immigration problem.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And how do you think they are going to solve the problem of the excessive level of immigration assuming, of course, you think there is one?
Serious conversation time?

Do you mean an excessive level of legal immigration, or The Boats?

The first - we decide who we want. Every other country does it. I have lived overseas and have experienced the experience both ways. If you are needed you're in, on license or whatever. It isn't complicated. Our nation, we set the rules. We don't even have to take a quota of skilled EU folk anymore, based on economics, like we did when we were in the EU. Fruit pickers, Polish plumbers (who left for better). It is a non EU issue now. We ARE NOT IN THE EU.

Illegal? Well, talk to the French. The tory Brexit plan was to not talk to the French because we are Inglish (say it in the voice of Manuel in Fawlty Towers). Eeenglish. We don't speak to no one. They speaka to us. Yeah....that works. Speak to no one.

Except we have to. Or we will be stuck with all this boats shit the tories created by neglect. And even that would vanish by our own hand if we spent some money on patrols. But, no. The tories love illegal boat people. It gives them something to weaponise (and they are running out of stuff now - the only remaining stuff to weaponise are the shit schools, roads, rail, NHS, legal system, fuel all of which THEY f***ed up. But I presume you don't cate about that. comfortably off, and obsessing about immifuckingration.) FFS.

I expect all this to be forgotten in 2 years, and the entitled Tory folk will be grizzling about some other nonsense. Transgender toilets. FFS.

Why don't you lower your drawbridge and look around you? No need to be scared. A foreigner won't eat you :shrug:

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Do you mean an excesive level of legal immigration, or The Boats?

The first - we decide who we want. Every other country does it. I have lived overseas and have experienced the experience both ways. If you are needed you're in, on license or whatever. It isn't complicated. Our nation, we set the rules. We don't even have to take a quota of skilled EU folk anymore, based on economics, like we did when we were in the EU. Fruit pickers (the fruit rit), Polish plumbers (who left for better). It is a non EU issue now. We ARE NOT IN THE EU.

Illegal? Well, talk to the French. The tory Brexit plan was to not talk to the French because we are Inglish (say it in the voice of Manuel in Fawlty Towers). Eeenglish. We don't speak to no one. They speaka to us. Yeah....that works. Speak to no one.

Except we have to. Or we will be stuck with all this boats shit the tories created by neglect. And even that would vanish by our own hand if we spent some money on patrols. But, no. The tories love illegal boat people. It gives them something to weaponise (and they are running out of stuff now - the only remaining stuff to weaponise are the shit schools, roads, rail, NHS, legal system, fuel all of which THEY f***ed up. But I presume you don't cate about that. comfortably off, and obsessing about immifuckingration.) FFS.

I expect all this to be forgotten in 2 years, and the entitled Tory folk will be grizzling about some other nonsense. Transgender toilets. FFS.

Why don't you lower your drawbridge and look around you? No need to be scared. A foreigner won't eat you :shrug:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Do you mean an excesive level of legal immigration, or The Boats?

The first - we decide who we want. Every other country does it. I have lived overseas and have experienced the experience both ways. If you are needed you're in, on license or whatever. It isn't complicated. Our nation, we set the rules. We don't even have to take a quota of skilled EU folk anymore, based on economics, like we did when we were in the EU. Fruit pickers (the fruit rit), Polish plumbers (who left for better). It is a non EU issue now. We ARE NOT IN THE EU.

Agree.

One of my favourite songs is Waving Flags by British Sea Power. Take a listen everyone. The sentiment is perfect.

I have no idea how we are going to reduce the levels of legal immigration when we need them here to boost productivity, earn wages and pay taxes. And we need that if we’re going to have nurses in affordable old people’s homes to wipe my arse! And those nurses may well be legal immigrants too. So in the words of Taylor Swift, let’s all stop being haters that hate hate hate.

The illegal immigrants, of which I think there are about 45,000 are a mix of people who are either a) desperate to escape war and want more for their families, b) economic migrants chancing their arm from other European countries (Albania - although this has dropped) c) criminals. We have to be honest and say that some are well dodge.

That’s why, as Harry says, clamping down on the criminals rather than just labeling everyone an illegal or a small boater. The Tory policy is to create bogeymen. Especially among our own who have nothing. “See that poor bastard on that boat who has nothing? I know you’ve got nothing, but he wants what you haven’t got.”

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And about time too. I am sick to the teeth of the current levels of immigration, particularly from non-EU countries. Someone needs to get a grip of things if this country is retain any of its identity.
What is identity?

Is it the flag of St. George, the good old ruby murray, a pint of IPA, the chip, the R&B sound of The Rolling Stones, the cultural melting pot of Glastonbury, the coffee shops, or maybe English Breakfast tea?

They all come from either immigration or other cultures.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Farage was on national TV on Thursday telling Piers Morgan he couldn’t possibly stand because he needed 6 months preparation.

Russ in Cheshire who does the excellent “week in Tory” nails why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here