Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Applying for Asylum while abroad was stopped by the Government when Cameron was PM :shrug:

The money spent on the Rwandan scheme so far (with no asylum seekers having gone there under the scheme, but 15 Rwandan asylum seekers having come to the UK :facepalm: ) is sufficient to have cleared the total backlog of asylum seekers 3 times over with money to spare. There is no need for 'immigration detention centres', Rwanda, barges, hotels, people risking their lives in small boats if the Government simply run a proper Asylum system, as was the case before they came to power.

And here's some figures for what this Government has done to Asylum numbers

Boat Crossings
(Numbers weren't recorded prior to 2018 as the government thought them inconsequential).
2018 - 299
2019 - 1,890
2020 - 8,466
2021 - 28,526
2022 - 45,755

Asylum Backlog
2012 - 9,800
2018 - 27,000
2022 - 161,000

And some 'legal' immigration statistics (NOT asylum) for this Government

View attachment 184696

How do you think we have got to this 'crisis' ? Gross incompetence by the Government or did they have another reason for taking all these measured steps over a significant number of years to get us here ?

Can you provide a link to that? That Cameron stopped anyone from claiming asylum in the UK whilst abroad?

I can find nothin on that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

So if Britain was invaded, are we to assume that instead of Churchill's: "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

Farage would have said "Take what you think is yours Adolf me old mate. We don't want no trouble."

It's no wonder that he was knighted..... By Russia Today:

(Seven years on, I hope that the girl dressed up as the queen is still dining out on her killer line).

Of course that was back before the Salisbury poisonings, a time when Nigel's reputation could cope with being a near monthly guest on RT: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/31/nigel-farage-relationship-russian-media-scrutiny;

and when they were reported to be offering him his own show: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-farage-own-television-show-rt-a7232876.html

We know what he is and what he has always been.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Or maybe created in a test-tube!
Might have been he could only afford to have one ear pinned back and half a face-lift resulting in the "Isiah" (One i is iah than the other) appearance. But I think he has had that a while, he has learned to tilt his head to even them up a bit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can you provide a link to that? That Cameron stopped anyone from claiming asylum in the UK whilst abroad?

I can find nothin on that.

The link is actually in that post :shrug:

This is a link to the exact paragraph on the Government website withdrawing the right https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a747ee940f0b604dd7ae602/applicationsfromabroad.pdf

:thumbsup:

And what do you think about that and all the other steps taken to create the current issue and numbers, Incompetence or planned ?

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If I were to vote for Reform it would be as a protest vote, not as support for Farage. The differences between the other parties are only playing round the edges - essentially they're all supporters of tax and spend and tax some more. They bleed the productive sector of the economy dry, and then say they want to go for growth. The shut down the oil industry and import oil instead and claim they are doing good for the environment. It's universal.

No way is Farage going to win, but if he gets votes it might make the other parties (well, the Conservatives at least) realise that being Conservative would be a good way to get Conservative votes. Their entire election campaign is "we're bad but Labour would be worse" and Labour's is "the Tories are bad and we couldn't be worse". Liberal election campaign is "watch me go down this zipwire into the pool" and SNP's is "we hate the English".
A Burnley supporter suggesting voting for Reform Party is a sensible protest vote, well well well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I were to vote for Reform it would be as a protest vote, not as support for Farage.

No way is Farage going to win, but if he gets votes
I've edited your post to highlight two points you made. I would advise proceeding with caution:

1. Reform IS Farage.
2. Farage is the master of making a molehill seem like a mountain. On the back of one outlier poll he has already come on national television and proclaimed his party as the official opposition and that a vote for the Tories is a vote for Labour.
3. If millions of people thought like you and voted for him - despite personal reservations about his comments re Putin and Russia - then don't be surprised if he gets the idea people support all of his crackpot ideas.
4. It is perfectly conceivable by that by empowering Farage he could end up as leader of the Tory Party.
5. It is also conceivable he could work with extreme right wing leaders (of which there are now many in the EU, and possibly a re-elected Trump) to appease Putin, stitch up Ukraine and agitate for the break-up of the EU.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
SNP's is "we hate the English".
So, if they went into coalition with Reform UK, who seem to hate everybody except the English, they'd have all bases covered between them.

In response to your 'protest vote' suggestion, I know that it's Route One for a middle class southern lefty to quote Stewart Lee, but Burnley fans surely understand that Route One is often the most effective option:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Applying for Asylum while abroad was stopped by the Government when Cameron was PM :shrug:

The money spent on the Rwandan scheme so far (with no asylum seekers having gone there under the scheme, but 15 Rwandan asylum seekers having come to the UK :facepalm: ) is sufficient to have cleared the total backlog of asylum seekers 3 times over with money to spare. There is no need for 'immigration detention centres', Rwanda, barges, hotels, people risking their lives in small boats if the Government simply run a proper Asylum system, as was the case before they came to power.
Then why are we letting in asylum seekers from Rwanda? Lego Elvis changed the law to state Rwanda IS a safe country so on that basis why have they been granted asylum? If it's a safe country send them back.

I do know that Rwanda is NOT a safe country at all. Particularly not for the gay community. See this from Human Rights Watch:

Rwandan authorities rounded up and arbitrarily detained over a dozen gay and transgender people, sex workers, street children, and others in the months before a planned June 2021 high-profile international conference.”

People interviewed who identified as gay or transgender said that security officials accused them of “not representing Rwandan values.” They said that other detainees beat them because of their clothes and identity. Three other detainees, who were held in the “delinquents’” room at Gikondo, confirmed that fellow detainees and guards more frequently and violently beat people they knew were gay or transgender than others.”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Then why are we letting in asylum seekers from Rwanda? Lego Elvis changed the law to state Rwanda IS a safe country so on that basis why have they been granted asylum? If it's a safe country send them back.

I do know that Rwanda is NOT a safe country at all. Particularly not for the gay community. See this from Human Rights Watch:

Rwandan authorities rounded up and arbitrarily detained over a dozen gay and transgender people, sex workers, street children, and others in the months before a planned June 2021 high-profile international conference.”

People interviewed who identified as gay or transgender said that security officials accused them of “not representing Rwandan values.” They said that other detainees beat them because of their clothes and identity. Three other detainees, who were held in the “delinquents’” room at Gikondo, confirmed that fellow detainees and guards more frequently and violently beat people they knew were gay or transgender than others.”

But you're making it look like it's a ridiculous expensive scam set up to try and garner votes from racists, the naive and the terminally stupid ???

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

And here's some figures for what this Government has done to Asylum numbers

Boat Crossings
(Numbers weren't recorded prior to 2018 as the government thought them inconsequential).
2018 - 299
2019 - 1,890
2020 - 8,466
2021 - 28,526
2022 - 45,755

Asylum Backlog
2012 - 9,800
2018 - 27,000
2022 - 161,000

And some 'legal' immigration statistics (NOT asylum) for this Government

View attachment 184696

How do you think we have got to this 'crisis' ? Gross incompetence by the Government or did they have another reason for taking all these measured steps over a significant number of years to get us here ?

We do need detention centres. Failed asylum seekers can just disappear and refuse to leave voluntarily.

We’ve had so much abuse of the asylum system for a decade or

This is a link to the exact paragraph on the Government website withdrawing the right https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a747ee940f0b604dd7ae602/applicationsfromabroad.pdf

And what do you think about that and all the other steps taken to create the current issue and numbers, Incompetence or planned ?

We have never accepted asylum applications fr

We have never had a blanket policy of allowing people to claim asylum in the UK from outside of UK territory.

“The policy guidance on the discretionary referral to the UK
Border Agency of applications for asylum by individuals in a third country who have not been recognised as refugees by another country or by the UNHCR under its mandate, has been withdrawn”.

We’ve had times whereby we have exercised discretion and taken UNHCR referrals.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We do need detention centres. Failed asylum seekers can just disappear and refuse to leave voluntarily.

We’ve had so much abuse of the asylum system for a decade or

We have never accepted asylum applications fr

We have never had a blanket policy of allowing people to claim asylum in the UK from outside of UK territory.

Border Agency of applications for asylum by individuals in a third country who have not been recognised as refugees by another country or by the UNHCR under its mandate, has been withdrawn”.

Changed from;

“we have never accepted asylum claims from abroad”

To

“we have never accepted blanket asylum claims from abroad”

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When did the UK ever allow people to claim asylum in the UK from abroad? We had various UNHCR settlement schemes, but we’ve never offered people the opportunity to claim asylum from outside the UK.

Look at what you have written yourself. We have always offered discretionary asylum applications from people abroad WHO HAVE NOT been referred by the UNHCR or another country.

Since 1951 we have allowed applications for asylum from abroad, until we withdrew the facility in sept 2011 under the Government of David Cameron. I really don't know how else to explain it :shrug:

So, yet again
What do you think about that and all the other steps taken to create the current issue and numbers, Incompetence or planned ?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Look at what you have written yourself. We have always offered discretionary asylum applications from people abroad WHO HAVE NOT been referred by the UNHCR or another country.

Since 1951 we have allowed applications for asylum from abroad, until we withdrew the facility in sept 2011 under the Government of David Cameron. I really don't know how else to explain it :shrug:

So, yet again
What do you think about that and all the other steps taken to create the current issue and numbers, Incompetence or planned ?
Shall I post a nice photo of my cat? You'll get a better quality of conversation out of it, even though its only a photo.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Shall I post a nice photo of my cat? You'll get a better quality of conversation out of it, even though its only a photo.

I have to say, things haven't gone particularly well since I launched my campaign to show not all Reform supporters are thick a couple of days ago. I was really hoping to get some help and find someone who was capable of explaining a Reform 'policy', but none seems to be forthcoming.

I haven't given up the cause as completely hopeless yet, but I'm starting to appreciate how Rishi must be feeling :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here