Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

I realise that truth isn't consdiered important by Farage's opponents, but even so it might be pointed out that Farage didn't say that some parts of the UK are not recognisable as England, and nor does the article claim that he did. Andrew Stoneman and others have read a sensationalist Daily Express headline and either assumed that the Daily Express headline writers are absolutely reliable and need not be checked, or that they don't care whether it's true or not because it's Farage. Or, I supplse, that they don't care whether it's true regardless of who it is about.

Newspaper journalists don't write their own headlines, as a rule. Someone in the office skim-reads it and makes up an attention grabber.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I realise that truth isn't considered important by Farage's opponents, but even so it might be pointed out that Farage didn't say that some parts of the UK are not recognisable as England, and nor does the article claim that he did.
The article clearly quotes him as saying: "Parts of our towns and cities not even recognisable as being England.”

You seem to be saying he didn't say that? So, have the Express made up the quote entirely?? And how do you know?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The article clearly quotes him as saying: "Parts of our towns and cities not even recognisable as being England.”

You seem to be saying he didn't say that? So, have the Express made up the quote entirely?? And how do you know?
Stoneman is specifically latching on to Farage's alleged comment about the UK to make his sneer about Scotland and the rest not being England. The article does not say that Farage mentioned the UK. He is quoted as talking about "the country", which by the context presumably means England.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I realise that truth isn't consdiered important by Farage's opponents, but even so it might be pointed out that Farage didn't say that some parts of the UK are not recognisable as England, and nor does the article claim that he did. Andrew Stoneman and others have read a sensationalist Daily Express headline and either assumed that the Daily Express headline writers are absolutely reliable and need not be checked, or that they don't care whether it's true or not because it's Farage. Or, I supplse, that they don't care whether it's true regardless of who it is about.

Newspaper journalists don't write their own headlines, as a rule. Someone in the office skim-reads it and makes up an attention grabber.
I can’t stand Farage but as far as I can see, you’re right about this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It is a waste of good truth using it to rebut Farage. More appropriate to use his own currency.

No need to get upset when someone takes the piss out of him, though, surely?

Surely? ???

(albeit, you are of course correct)
(Edit, just seen @Bodian 's post and....you're not correct after all :lolol: )

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Nigel Farage condemned for response to Southport stabbings as Reform MP accused of ‘inciting a riot’​

Nigel Farage has been condemned for his response to the Southport stabbings, with the husband of murdered MP Jo Cox accusing the Reform leader of “inciting a riot”. On Tuesday afternoon, before the riots began, Mr Farage had posted a video to social media responding to the attack, questioning why the incident was not being treated as terror-related and asking whether the “truth is being withheld from us”. He also asked whether the suspect, who is 17 and has not been identified, was being monitored by the security services.

In a statement the same day, Merseyside Police had stressed the “incident is not currently being treated as terror-related”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-southport-stabbings-riots-b2588657.html

The shit-stirring **** got exactly what he wanted from his moronic supporters :wanker:

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Nigel Farage condemned for response to Southport stabbings as Reform MP accused of ‘inciting a riot’​

Nigel Farage has been condemned for his response to the Southport stabbings, with the husband of murdered MP Jo Cox accusing the Reform leader of “inciting a riot”. On Tuesday afternoon, before the riots began, Mr Farage had posted a video to social media responding to the attack, questioning why the incident was not being treated as terror-related and asking whether the “truth is being withheld from us”. He also asked whether the suspect, who is 17 and has not been identified, was being monitored by the security services.

In a statement the same day, Merseyside Police had stressed the “incident is not currently being treated as terror-related”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-southport-stabbings-riots-b2588657.html

The shit-stirring **** got exactly what he wanted from his moronic supporters :wanker:

I’ve said this before but can’t help repeat: The behaviour of Farage, Reform, EDL etc has so many parallels to 1930s Germany.
We ( the 95% normal members of our society) need to wake up!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I’ve said this before but can’t help repeat: The behaviour of Farage, Reform, EDL etc has so many parallels to 1930s Germany.
We ( the 95% normal members of our society) need to wake up!
I agree completely. There is a really good series on Netflix about how Hitler rose to power. It is scary.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

If only Farage devoted even 1/10 as much time and energy to representing his Clacton constituency.

Then again, like Tommy Robinson (known to his mummy as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon) and Donald Trump, these Right-wing populists thrive on shit-stirring and creating divisions, and then when they provoke civil unrest, they pretend to be shocked, and claim it is due to immigration, multi-culturalism or Islam, and that only they - the Far-Right rabble-rousers and tub-thumpers - can put an end to it.

They are like an arsonist who sets fire to your house, and then expects a medal for calling the fire-brigade.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s a run-on sentence with an unnecessary clause. Grammatically it is ugly. A 30 second rewrite would’ve made her message clearer.

Agree with her point, though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It really isn't. The only comma she didn't need was the first one.
She needed the first one to go with the second one.

Yes, it's written a bit clunkily, but perfectly fine grammar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here