Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Adkins is a very good manager but I cannot see him being suitable for the Brighton job as and when there is a vacancy because of the bad blood that exists from his Southampton days and the 'keeping up with us' comments. He is a candidate for the Reading job although I think the next time you see him in the dugout, it will be the home one at Elland Road at the beginning of next season.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Atkins is a class A twunt. He'll get a right good booing from me if he EVER turns up in the home dugout at Falmer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't Mr Adkins on 'gardening leave' till the end of the season? Thereby making him unable to sign for another club until that time.

Just commenting on a theory I heard last night :)

Can you be put on gardening leave if you are sacked? No idea how long his contract was but unless he agreed to go on gardening leave, for a bigger payoff than his contract was worth, how can Southampton enforce it? More to the point why would they want to.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Atkins is a class A twunt. He'll get a right good booing from me if he EVER turns up in the home dugout at Falmer.

Pathetic!

Adkins made a cocky, arrogant comment 3 years ago on the back of a media question, what was he supposed to say...."Brighton are the best, we will always be in the shadow of such a fine club", think we need to get over it and move on.

A manager who did a remarkable job at Southampton in such a short space of time with a good win % record is welcome to manage our club.

I can tell you something, you will be in the minority if you start booing a new manager, we don't want to become like the sad bitter fans of Chelsea with banners stating they want the manager sacked.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Where is the real Nigel Adkins??

adkins.jpg

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Can you be put on gardening leave if you are sacked? No idea how long his contract was but unless he agreed to go on gardening leave, for a bigger payoff than his contract was worth, how can Southampton enforce it? More to the point why would they want to.

Normally the club carries on paying them for a period, but if in that time they take another job they stop getting paid.

I believe Chelsea were releaved that AVB took the Spurs job as he came off their wage bill, which would also explain why Di Matteo has not been rushing to get another job.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Pathetic!

Adkins made a cocky, arrogant comment 3 years ago on the back of a media question, what was he supposed to say...."Brighton are the best, we will always be in the shadow of such a fine club", think we need to get over it and move on.

A manager who did a remarkable job at Southampton in such a short space of time with a good win % record is welcome to manage our club.

I can tell you something, you will be in the minority if you start booing a new manager, we don't want to become like the sad bitter fans of Chelsea with banners stating they want the manager sacked.

Adkins is an odious Scouse tosser.
He's got all the wit, charm and personality of a wet fart.

If he ever manages this club, I'll flush my ST down the toilet, and that's exactly what will happen to playing side of things if he's involved.

He should have stuck to being a physio.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

If he ever manages this club, I'll flush my ST down the toilet, and that's exactly what will happen to playing side of things if he's involved.

Well there will be a spare seat for a proper fan then. Fine you might not like him or the next manager but grow up for god sake.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Very clever not to include Adkins stats from his two L1 promotions with Scunthorpe whose budget was miniscule.

He also kept 5k Scunny up once which was a great achivevement and then took Saints up with successive promotions.

I think he has 4 promotions in 7 seasons (4/6 if you discount the Prem season).

Clearly this is superior to Poyet's record?
With the money SADkins had at his disposal, anything other than promotion with Saints would have been a monumental failure.

Besides, its not all about results.
Our club is built around more than that.
He's a horrible little man, worse than Paul sodding Ince, and to have a wanker like that around the place just isn't worth it.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well there will be a spare seat for a proper fan then. Fine you might not like him or the next manager but grow up for god sake.

Don't be ridiculous (proper fan) I've followed this team up and down the country for nearly 40 years.
We have never had a wanker in charge of it, and we are not about to start now.

Adkins can stay well clear thank you very much.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Don't be ridiculous (proper fan) I've followed this team up and down the country for nearly 40 years.
We have never had a wanker in charge of it, and we are not about to start now.

Adkins can stay well clear thank you very much.

Bla Bla Bla. Anyway get off your high horse Gus is staying so no need to worry about your mate Nigel getting the job.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Bla Bla Bla. Anyway get off your high horse Gus is staying so no need to worry about your mate Nigel getting the job.

:smile:
See, that's what happens when arse holes like Adkins are linked with a decent club like ours, gets us having pops at each other.

Seriously though, Adkins is a very unpleasant individual, and not a man I would want anywhere near the Albion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can just see it next season: Albion and Reading fighting it out at the top - Poyet vs Adkins part 2. YES PLEASE.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
:smile:
See, that's what happens when arse holes like Adkins are linked with a decent club like ours, gets us having pops at each other.

Seriously though, Adkins is a very unpleasant individual, and not a man I would want anywhere near the Albion.

Fair enough, but never threaten to flush the season ticket down the toilet sure you don't mean it. I have always thought this of Harry, and would hate him at the Albion but would not stop me going to support them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

:lol:
Oh, er, yeah! Grow up Tony, we're not kids any more.

You can just see it next season: Albion and Reading fighting it out at the top
Of the premiership?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would Adkins take the Reading job now though, in the knowledge that he was second choice?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
*not the first time he's finished second to Gus Poyet.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
:lol:
Oh, er, yeah! Grow up Tony, we're not kids any more.

Of the premiership?

If the club I've followed for so long were to let me down to the extent of appointing a nob like Adkins, then I would leave them with an empty seat for the few months it would take to realise their mistake and sack him.

Fortunately, it's never going to happen, not at Brighton.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

Gardening leave is fairly common in management

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here