Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins Song

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think the "Adkins isn't that bad" posturing is almost more annoying than the "Adkins is a twat" posturing.

Football fans are irrational by the their very nature. There is nothing wrong with not liking someone who said something disparaging about OUR club and failed to show any class in making his team clap us on as champions subsequently.

By the same token - lets not make him out to be Scott McGleish. He is a physio who happens to be a decent lower league football manager.

not sure I'd call it posturing but, more or less, this.

This-ish.

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
How about "ALLLLLLLBION" or We're by far the greatest team etc etc?

He maybe a pillock but how about a song that gets behind the team rather than wasting energy on someone of no consequence; I doubt CMS & co will be boosted knowing our fans are just there to abuse the opposition bench.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
A chorus of Champione Champione Ole Ole Ole, would probably get them going.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There can be no denying the man has a face that you do rather want to punch, as plenty of teams are discovering this season, but frankly given SFC's form recently over ours, I think I'll leave the daft songs to other people, as these things do tend to bite you on the arse if you lose.

(If we win, of course, I'll milk it for all its worth, but I'm not massively confident)

The guard of honour thing aside, I actually thought he took all the stick quite well at Withdean to be honest. Equally fairly, I know plenty of Saints fans who cringed at his "if they can keep up" comments, and likewise, I'll probably find it a bit cringey if we keep on and on about something that happened a year or so ago. We laughed at the time, now lets move on. Put it this way: if we bang on and on about keeping up this time, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be visited back on us with great glee if they beat us. And then this board will be full of posts by the same people who sang it (this season) at St Marys, complaining about what wankers the Southampton fans are for singing it back.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't really consider Southampton a long time rival like CP or Portsmouth.

They are like Orient or Chesterfield, competitors for a season or so but no more.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
He's certainly a guy who it is easy to dislike.

He likes the limelight and finds it hard to praise other clubs. His refusal to give us a guard of honour says a lot about him & Southampton.

I genuinely don't believe Saints will go up this year - they have peaked too early :albion2:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloke is a bellend but no more so than 'Big Sam', the whole 'are we keeping up' stuff at the Withdean last season was funny at first but quickly became cringeworthy

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think the "Adkins isn't that bad" posturing is almost more annoying than the "Adkins is a twat" posturing.
I kind of agree, some people seem seem to go out of their way to show how much they go against the grain of the normal football fan.
But at the same time I don't really care so much any more.
Obviously Adkins is a cringeworthy David Brent-esque oily rat of a man. But so are plenty of managers, last season is over and it's hard to get worked up about Adkins any more. We won.

Plus it will make it worse when they beat us.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
2:50pm, c3000 Albion fans loudly sing "Bring on the Champions". Job done, point made.
love it haha atkins has every right to be cocky in interviews at the moment doesnt he?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I cant stand the extremeley arrogant club or their extremely irritating manager but I think forgetting about them and singing songs for our players and manager will probably be the best idea.

Any reference to last season and 'keeping up' will quite frankly sound embarrassing bearing in mind how far ahead they are in the league right now.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Gus comes out with brilliant stuff. I don't understand.

Brilliant stuff to Brighton fans. In much the same way as Southampton fans enjoy Adkins nonsense. To fans of other clubs, I daresay he comes across as a bit of a twat

Anybody who seriously wants to spend any sort of time singing about Nigel being a wanker or whatever needs to get a bloody life. It's going to have next to sod all effect as he can just stand there with that cheeky little grin on his face knowing that some Brighton fans may think he is a wanker, but the league table doesn't lie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here