Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins, and managerial job security, in general.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They need to stand by Altkins. But Cortese will soon run out of patience, the guy is a control feak and is ripping the heart out of the club. Harry will probably return and to the delight of Pompy fans get Saints relegated a second time..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If he did get the boot, it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Despite spending 3x on wages than the Albion (= a better team and squad), little old Albion beat them to be Champs, but he couldn't bring himself to applaud us or let his team do so. Going against modern etiquette.

Karma.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There is financial pressure. I've got a tenner at 7s that he is the first prem manager to get the heave ho. I can't believe he's lasted this long.
ADKINS OUT

"I ain't gonna talk about uvver people's jobs, cos it's Nigel's job an' 'e's a triffic manager, I wouldn't do that, but Saints are a triffic club, for sure, and not far from where I live, and nobody can say what will 'appen. It'd be my last job in football, for sure".

Wasted in the constabulary Edna :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Backing, guess they are not as fickle as Brighton fans!

Has anyone chanted Poyet out then? Or even been suggestions in press that Poyet is under pressure? Silly post

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gone are the days when Southampton & Spurs pre-arranged filthy convenient draws beforehand.

Saints would have to learn how to defend first.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ooooh...set up now for a cheeky late Lambert equaliser perhaps?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If Southampton are ever to attract a world class manager they'd have to do it now before they are basically relegated at Xmas. Once back where they belong in the Champ they'll keep getting journeymen managers or cocktastic physios

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here