Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
caz said:
i think you are right he is a holding midfielder and when he has played does a good jod at that .that what mm got him for .Reid said it himself this week . when some holds the rest can get forward thats what holding players do

Reid also said that Chippy did it in the game.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Father Jack said:
He was playing in centre of midfield tonight and looked a real prospect. He is very accomplished on the ball.

Totally agree, he really stood out tonight. Always looked as if he had time on the ball and didnt get bullied off the ball once and thats saying something seeing as he was playing against george santos who must be at least 6ft 4 and 15 stone!

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Jim in the West said:
Last time I saw him was at Cardiff earlier this season. He came on as a sub after about 25 mins, and did absolutely F-all. We could have been playing with 10 men. It was only thanks to a wonder goal from CKR, and the rest of the guys running all over the place (even McPhee!!) that we got anything from the game. There are at least three U18s (Fogden, Chamberlain, and Fraser) who I would rather see in the first team. For some reason this season Nicolas has seemed to have zero confidence, and no real interest in the game. If he goes, I think it'll be a valuable reduction in the wages bill.

if you played will and get drop for no reson .and can not get back into the side you will also have no confidence at work.

Repugnant Toad said:
but he's had, what, a handful of sub appearances?

No, two starts, 8 sub appearances. And plenty of games in the reserves to impress.

He was unlucky around New Year time to be injured when it seemed he was on the brink of a recall due to all the suspensions. But there you go, that's football and he will just have to keep working hard waiting for another opportunity.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sir danny cullip said:
Totally agree, he really stood out tonight. Always looked as if he had time on the ball and didnt get bullied off the ball once and thats saying something seeing as he was playing against george santos who must be at least 6ft 4 and 15 stone!

So it looks like Fraser is moving up the pecking order.

Apr 4, 2004
New York City
Nicolas really aint that great.. Bottles the 50/'50's and every time he's played this season, (granted that ain't been often), he's has offered very little. If all our Midfielders were fit, he'd be right at the bottom of the pecking oder, behind oatway, chippy, hammond, reid, and even Mayo. He isn't good enough.. hence he's not in the team, and hasn't been for over a year now! He didn'nt really have that great an impact last season either, and after a while it became apparent why chelsea had released him for nothing, and why none of the bigger clubs in our league wanted him.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
robbo_gull said:
Nicolas really aint that great.. Bottles the 50/'50's and every time he's played this season, (granted that ain't been often), he's has offered very little. If all our Midfielders were fit, he'd be right at the bottom of the pecking oder, behind oatway, chippy, hammond, reid, and even Mayo. He isn't good enough.. hence he's not in the team, and hasn't been for over a year now! He didn'nt really have that great an impact last season either, and after a while it became apparent why chelsea had released him for nothing, and why none of the bigger clubs in our league wanted him.

I though we paid a fee for him, 50k springs to mind? I'm sure that when we signed him there were a few other clubs interested in him that would be considered 'bigger' than us.

Apr 4, 2004
New York City
sir danny cullip said:
I though we paid a fee for him, 50k springs to mind? I'm sure that when we signed him there were a few other clubs interested in him that would be considered 'bigger' than us.

Where'd ya get 50k from? Sounds about right.. but the club's website doesn't mention a fee. You know as well as i do.. that club's with better facilities and larger wage budgets get first pick when it comes to signing players... our recent hunt for a striker proves this. So i doubt there were that many clubs interested in him. I too was excited when we first signed him.. but gradually over time i started to realize that he wasn't as good as i thought he would be.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fraser is quality reminds me of a cross between Lampard and Gerrard. He's got that sweeping vision through midfield like Lampard and the ability to overrun teams with his power from midfield like Gerrard.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This is another case of what do we do with him..... rather like the McPhee situation.

Not the case that neither of them are good enough, as both have ability.

However bearing in mind they have little or no chance of getting a game we might as well release them both in the summer and use the money for wages elsewhere...GNW??

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Les Biehn said:
Fraser is quality reminds me of a cross between Lampard and Gerrard. He's got that sweeping vision through midfield like Lampard and the ability to overrun teams with his power from midfield like Gerrard.

hahahahaha

brilliant

Les Biehn said:

Ah well, no pressure there then.

Uncle Buck said:
I guess it will make a change from over hyping the strikers that we produce!!!

I personally think young Chamberlain allies the touch of Zidane with the passing range of Platini

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Ah well, no pressure there then.

How is that putting pressure on him? Firstly I doubt he even looks at NSC. Secondly if people think I mean he is better than both of them players then they have to be stupid, I was more trying to get across the style in which he plays.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here