Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas

e77 said:
To be fair Chippy has been off the boil in the last couple of months, imho.

I don't agree, he's had a few below par games but nothing as bad as people have made out on here.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
For all of you who admire him so much, at least get his name right.
There is no h in Nicolas.
:)

I personally never pick Nicolas in FM06 as he is a DM and i have no need for them. Even Oatway is on the bench most of time (maybe that is why i always struggle :down: )

I am sure Magoo use FM06 to choose his team in similar manner to me :lolol:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
London Irish said:
I don't agree, he's had a few below par games but nothing as bad as people have made out on here.

May of had a couple of game below par, but Hammond and Carpenter even Oatway had most games below par, and are still in the starting 11.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
London Irish said:

Are you seriously suggesting NSC has overeacted?

My point is if Nicolas was going to get a run it would have been during that spell.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I thought he hadn't played that much because he's got a longterm niggley injury which seems to reoccur after a couple of games. I rate him.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
e77 said:
I suppose we are quite well stocked in the midfield department, although Charlie is out and Chippy hasn't been at his best of late (although he was supposed to have been good against Millwall).

We are not well stocked anywhere !

Apr 4, 2004
New York City
the few times he's played this season.. he was shite. Even Kerry Mayo gets picked ahead of him in central midfield.. I am not really sure why any of you rate him so highly.. he didn't really contribute a great deal last season either. He'll be plying his trade at Aldershot in the not too distant future.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
robbo_gull said:
the few times he's played this season.. he was shite. Even Kerry Mayo gets picked ahead of him in central midfield.. I am not really sure why any of you rate him so highly.. he didn't really contribute a great deal last season either. He'll be plying his trade at Aldershot in the not too distant future.

He's only started one game I think this season, he did alright.
Most players are shite most of the time and they still play.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Just seen him for the reserves and Fraser, Cox and Jarrett all put in better performances. He tends to go back with the ball and is'nt adventurous enough imho.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Father Jack said:
Just seen him for the reserves and Fraser, Cox and Jarrett all put in better performances. He tends to go back with the ball and is'nt adventurous enough imho.

I agree with you.

Young Fraser and Fogden have great potential don't they?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I wish Fraser would stop getting played at centre half, he looks much better in the centre midfield.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Father Jack said:

That's because he's a holding midfielder ...

Criticising him for not doing something that's not his role to do is a bit much. He hasn't been great this year, but he's had, what, a handful of sub appearances? He was excellent last year, but his continued absences from the squad are simply perplexing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:

Criticising him for not doing something that's not his role to do is a bit much. He hasn't been great this year, but he's had, what, a handful of sub appearances? He was excellent last year, but his continued absences from the squad are simply perplexing.

The Toad is right.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Les Biehn said:
I wish Fraser would stop getting played at centre half, he looks much better in the centre midfield.

He was playing in centre of midfield tonight and looked a real prospect. He is very accomplished on the ball.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:

i think you are right he is a holding midfielder and when he has played does a good jod at that .that what mm got him for .Reid said it himself this week . when some holds the rest can get forward thats what holding players do

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Last time I saw him was at Cardiff earlier this season. He came on as a sub after about 25 mins, and did absolutely F-all. We could have been playing with 10 men. It was only thanks to a wonder goal from CKR, and the rest of the guys running all over the place (even McPhee!!) that we got anything from the game. There are at least three U18s (Fogden, Chamberlain, and Fraser) who I would rather see in the first team. For some reason this season Nicolas has seemed to have zero confidence, and no real interest in the game. If he goes, I think it'll be a valuable reduction in the wages bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here