Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas to stay

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The most noticeable effect when Charlie Oatway comes back is that we'll once again start conceding goals from our own short corners.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
London Irish said:
Why don't you FACE IT, bw2

McGhee on Oatway: "Charlie had a fantastic season last year"

:salute:

We were in "League One"!... MM is waking up to the fact that Nicolas is better than Oatway, and Oatway won't hack it in the Championship...

:salute: to you too!!...

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
I agree that Nicolas is the better player of the two and I hope that we can successfully sign him.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Are you feeling like a lone voice in the wolderness, LI?...

Most sane people realise that Charlie just ain't good enough for this div...

:wave:

b.w.2. said:
Are you feeling like a lone voice in the wolderness, LI?...

Most sane people realise that Charlie just ain't good enough for this div...

:wave:

"Charlie had a fantastic season last year when he returned from his injury. He has trained hard and has got himself fit. He looks sharp and he looks a better footballer now. Alexis looks as if he could be a good player to put alongside Charlie and maybe he will eventually replace Charlie in a couple of years."

Are you calling our great manager insane, then bw2?

You do tie yourself in knots with this hilarious, yet pathetic, vendetta against a great club servant, don't you?

Lonely? Tell you what - you stick together with your little anti-Oatway chums, and I'll stick with the big guy.

Kev the Ape

he got to stay. best midfielder brighton have had since god knows when he gets stuck into to tackles and holds the ball up well and passes the ball very well. we needed a player just like nicloas last season :D.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
London Irish said:
"Charlie had a fantastic season last year when he returned from his injury. He has trained hard and has got himself fit. He looks sharp and he looks a better footballer now. Alexis looks as if he could be a good player to put alongside Charlie and maybe he will eventually replace Charlie in a couple of years."

Are you calling our great manager insane, then bw2?

You do tie yourself in knots with this hilarious, yet pathetic, vendetta against a great club servant, don't you?

Lonely? Tell you what - you stick together with your little anti-Oatway chums, and I'll stick with the big guy.

don't remember charlie having a fantastic season last year at all.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Evryone on here is behind MM and what he is doing for the Club in general,but when it comes to talking about Charlie,no one wants to believe what MM says about him.

So take a look at yourselves people and stop doubting the Managers word,after all,you all keep saying he knows the score and would only have decent players in the side,and in the next breath you are slating him for calling Charlie a decent player??

Where are you all coming from?:nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlies Shinpad said:
Evryone on here is behind MM and what he is doing for the Club in general,but when it comes to talking about Charlie,no one wants to believe what MM says about him.

I do and I am with LI on this one. I like Charlie and those who cannot remember how Charlie dealt with the likes of Paul Merson and Sammy Igoe in recent matches (division one and division two) need to watch their games more carefully in future.

Horses for courses. Alexis is a very good player and I would select him nearly every time but sometimes a player needs to be a spoiler, a man marker and that is Charlie's role. It's one he does very well.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Interestingly, there appear to be more NSC posts relating to Charlie than any other Brighton player. If nothing else, he does seem to encourage a healthy debate.

:D

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Yorkie said:
I do and I am with LI on this one. I like Charlie and those who cannot remember how Charlie dealt with the likes of Paul Merson and Sammy Igoe in recent matches (division one and division two) need to watch their games more carefully in future.

Horses for courses. Alexis is a very good player and I would select him nearly every time but sometimes a player needs to be a spoiler, a man marker and that is Charlie's role. It's one he does very well.

:clap2: :clap2: Spot On! If people can't see why Charlie Oatway is a useful team member then I don't think they've been watching the games carefully enough! :clap2: :clap2:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
OK, LI... cast your mind back to last time we were in this division... Charlie's performances were simply not good enough... Coppell signed Rodger, Sidwell... Charlie quite rightly got dropped...

What makes you think Oatway is good enough now, LI?... his "outstanding" performance at Reading before he got injured?...

And why do you think MM is looking to sign Nicolas?...

I'll tell you why... because MM now knows that Nicolas is a better player than Oatway... stop wheeling out a quote by MM that was made before he could properly assess Nicolas...

Your arguments just don't hold water...

And this is not a vendetta... just a VERY commonly held opinion...

I guess we will have to agree to disagree...

I am pretty certain that Nicolas will play more games than Oatway this season if MM gets his man...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
PS. I very much support and respect MM, but he has made self-confessed mistakes in the past... if he plays CO over AN, then I will see this as another mistake... of course, that is just my opinion...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here