Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas to stay

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This is surely good news if it happens

21-year-old Nicolas is currently on a three-month loan from Chelsea and has impressed Seagull's boss Mark McGhee with his performances in the Championship.

Nicolas would find it hard to break into Chelsea's star-studded team at present and if a fee can be agreed with his club he would be prepared to make his move permanent.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon it'll be a deal similar to Leon Knight's, Nothing down yet but if we stay up we'll give em a hundred grand or so.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I reckon it'll be a deal similar to Leon Knight's, Nothing down yet but if we stay up we'll give em a hundred grand or so.

I think it would be fairer if we only have to pay if we get promoted, which was the same deal we had for Leon :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where does this info re Nicholas come from?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
It must be true, it's also in the Sun. We had the option signing him permanently when we took him on loan but Mcghee wanted to be sure he was better than we already had at the club. If true will probably be the end of Oatway as a first choice midfielder.

Mcghee is quietly building a promising young squad and I love they way he builds the confidence of the young players yet seems a firm astute manager. Picking up guy's like Nicolas and Jarret to compliment our own young players is much more encouraging for the future than bringing in overpaid journeymen.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
y2dave said:

Mcghee is quietly building a promising young squad and I love they way he builds the confidence of the young players yet seems a firm astute manager. Picking up guy's like Nicolas and Jarret to compliment our own young players is much more encouraging for the future than bringing in overpaid journeymen.

Yo!

Exactly the reason why I have so much respect for McGhee. He seems to be looking to the future which is all we can do at the moment because of the stadium situation. If we do get Falmer then we'll have a nice little team built just coming into their prime.

Marvellous managerial scenes.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
McGhee comparison to Ferguson anyone? Fergie brought on a young outfit of which today many are International stars, not saying that Harding will be at right back for Real Madrid in 6 years time but you get the jist :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
good point Uncle B, I'm getting my lefties and righties mixed up :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here