Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas is our best central midfielder

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
He is just as good, and by the end of the season (assuming we get him for the rest of it after these first three months), will be better than Carpenter.

He generally finds a Brighton shirt with his passes, gets stuck in, shows more time on the ball than the rest.

I am not sure what Rodger will be like when he comes back but I imagining someone very unfit and out of match practice so unless we sign someone else I don't see the situation in the title of this thread changing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he's comfortable on the ball and a neat passer, but he's not in Chippy's class (yet) because he doesn't shoot enough, he's not as strong and he's not particularly good in the air.

Chippy is still No.1.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think he show's potential. In fact that was the problem last night, too many players that have potential without being close to the finished article i.e

Molango, Jarrett, Nicolas, Virgo, Harding

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He was rubbish.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, this is my 6th season in a row in the nature reserve.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Gareth Glover said:
He was rubbish.

Please be joking!He was our best player last night(not hard I know!).He hardly lost a tackle and his passing was neat and tidy Sign him up!

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Charlies Shinpad said:
I thought as the game went on he got better and better and he also has a bit of pace about him,my MOM last nite Im afraid,just in front of FDM

me too.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
At last something positive. Lexi is quality. Him in tandem with chippy will be class. He was my MOM last night. He never seemed to give up. Yes hie is defensive & wont get that many goals but we didn't bring him in for that.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Beefy said:
Please be joking!He was our best player last night(not hard I know!).He hardly lost a tackle and his passing was neat and tidy Sign him up!
still need to see him in a few more games yet!

FWIW I thought he showed potential too. In fact he was involved in our only decent move of the match in the first half linking up with jarrett to nearly put Molango in.

On the ball he was ok, trouble was, for him and everyone else last night, was getting hold of it in the first place. I look forward to seeing him play alongside chippy.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
he is young and can only get better. i agree he was the best player last night. i think him and chippy will form a solid partnership which means we can have 2 attacking wingers (of which i wouldnt have currie as one of them) and have a more stable defsive unit to keep out some goals.

it is lucky he was rubbish againt reading, otherwise they would have signed him up last week

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Got a club text saying that he's been selected to play for Cyprus against Albania next week. Luckily, he won't miss any Albion games. :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought that he showed a bit of flair too-good control, quick turns and *shock-horror* found somebody in blue and white with his passes. We need to see him in a few more games yet but a season long loan wouldn't go amiss-let's face it, he is hardly a contender for the CFC first team/first team squad just yet is he?

Easily our best out there last night.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Voroshilov said:
I think he show's potential. In fact that was the problem last night, too many players that have potential without being close to the finished article i.e

Molango, Jarrett, Nicolas, Virgo, Harding

virgo? the man cant pass at all, and harding gets skinned by every right midfield player, and he also cant pass. these two are no where near this levels standard. two loan signings in these positions would be need to improve this team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here