Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky 'No goals in Nine' Forster

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My favorite ten goal a season man from midfield has gone.Hammond has yet to be replaced properly.
I never really rated Hammond when he was here but I think that's partly because he was a bit out of his depth in the Championship when he played in that relegation season. However he's much better than Thomson IMO, although I wouldn't trust Adams to play him in position or even use him properly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Interesting to note that 9 of Murray's 11 goals have come in just four matches out of 20 that he has appeared in.

I'd be interested to know how many of those 4 games Thornton appeared in.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
For whatever reason, he seems to be one of those strikers who scores in spells. Out of nowhere he'll bang a couple in and suddenly he'll have 8 in 9 games. He just seems to score in batches like that, then go blank.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
For whatever reason, he seems to be one of those strikers who scores in spells. Out of nowhere he'll bang a couple in and suddenly he'll have 8 in 9 games. He just seems to score in batches like that, then go blank.
He amitted that himself.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Unfortunately, Forster's legs have gone - he doesn't beat men anymore.

It doesn't help when, taking Saturday for example, he is missing chances - 4 situations with only the keeper to beat and he failed to hit the target.

:nono: Needs to stop moaning and sort his own game out

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
he should of scored two against Oldham, but his first touch was awful and last season he would of banged them in. I think he leads the line well on his own, but when he wins the ball in the air there is absolutely no support for him. I don't think his years are catching up with him, its just Nicky form at the moment isn't up to par.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I think he shouldnt be captain, just so he can go back to concentrating on his game play. Rather than trying to lead everyone else and play the game.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thing is, is this, if you look at his record, Forster has only rarely been the type of striker that scores a bagful of goals. That was my concern when we signed him. He was brilliant last year, but still went through barren patches.

You can't doubt his passion and commitment, but then you can say that about Gary Hart.

Again though, if you look through Forster's career he's never been the main striker at a club, until he came here. When he was at Hull, Reading and Birmingham, he'd often play off a main striker or he'd be backup.

He's now 35 years old and you've got to wonder what effect a relegation scrap is going to have on a player of that age.

The biggest issue appears as well that he and Murray seem to not get along and you can't have that with your two main strikers who need to gel and get along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here