Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky 'No goals in Nine' Forster

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm not going to knock Forster as it's not his fault he is 35 or whatever. He gives everything for us so he's alright . He's certainly not our worst player.

However we are so badly lacking competition up front that him and Murray can afford to play shit and still get picked. We need a massive freshen up up front, a couple of new strikers that are decent would improve everything. Problem is that you are unlikely to sign anyone decent who is a) willing to play in a L1 dogfight b) be anything other than 1st choice every week.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If they ever make a football version of Goodfellas/Donnie Brasco, one of the characters should definitely be called 'Nicky No-goals'. Top name.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We need a massive freshen up up front, a couple of new strikers that are decent would improve everything.

Wrong.

Bad service = No goals.

This is basic basic BASIC stuff. Murray and Forster are both quality strikers and have shown that time and TIME again when given GOOD service.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wrong.

Bad service = No goals.

This is basic basic BASIC stuff. Murray and Forster are both quality strikers and have shown that time and TIME again when given GOOD service.

I think it actually CONFUSES the rest of the team having both of them up front. In Zamora's day, sure he got good service from Watto, but players like Chippy, when they got the ball, would always go into a mild-flap trying to work out where BZ was, so he could get rid of the ball as quickly as possible in the boy king's general direction :lol:

Having two up front gives the providers of support multiple options, and frankly, they're not bright enough to make the call. This is where coaching could and should come into play.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wrong.

Bad service = No goals.

Yeah I agree as well but there is no way a club that aspires for promotion should only have x2 strikers ( ignoring the other options as they arn't good enough)

I agree we need more creativity but we are short in loads of places which all need to be addressed

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If they ever make a football version of Goodfellas/Donnie Brasco, one of the characters should definitely be called 'Nicky No-goals'. Top name.

You've heard of "No No, No No No No, No No No No No No Nogan"

Now you've got "No No, No No No No, No No No No No Goals Nicky"

I'll get my coat .......slam

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah I agree as well but there is no way a club that aspires for promotion should only have x2 strikers ( ignoring the other options as they arn't good enough)

I agree we need more creativity but we are short in loads of places which all need to be addressed

Agreed that we don't have enough strikers to cover. But it's no co-incidence that Thornton played a blinder against Cheltenham and Murray gets a hat trick.

What happens next? Thornton is dropped and barely gets another start.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Any side in this league would cut off their balls to have Murray and Forster. Bar Zamora, they're the best two strikers I've ever seen at this club. Anyone criticising them knows nothing about football. The simple facts are that if you don't have a midfield for the majority of the season and choose to play morons like El Abd or defenders like Virgo in it then you can't complain when you don't score goals. I'd rather see any money we have in January go on as many new midfielders as possible than a striker.

agree......midfield service to front 2 has been non existant, and recently playing 4-5-1 with Forster on his own this relies on good support from the midfield and the midfield providing good crosses/passes to feed Forster.....because he not been getting it hes isolated and it makes him like like hes not doing much. You could have Henry and Torres up front for us and they'd never get the ball from our midfield!!!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Murray and Forster are still the best two footballers at the club. They have clicked at points in the season, but it has usually coincided with a period when we are conceding bucketloads - which is hardly their fault. Anyway, they played well together last year under DEAN WILKINS...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
They did though. No reason at all to think they can't play well together.

18 goals between them this season?? That suggests they have still done ok to me. That means they are on target for 40 between them, give or take a goal or two.

I think it's a bit harsh to blame either of these two, when the team haven't been able to keep a clean sheet for toffee.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah, I'd agree with that. We've not scored for the last few games but you can't always rely on your front two, the amount of goals throughout the team is far too low. I can only think of Johnson, Cox, and Virgo who have scored.

With Forster it's always taken him a little while to get into the groove, he's had a disrupted season but I think El Presidente's early post summed things up excellently. Murray and Forster would be the last two players I'd criticise this season.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yeah, I'd agree with that. We've not scored for the last few games but you can't always rely on your front two, the amount of goals throughout the team is far too low. I can only think of Johnson, Cox, and Virgo who have scored.

With Forster it's always taken him a little while to get into the groove, he's had a disrupted season but I think El Presidente's early post summed things up excellently. Murray and Forster would be the last two players I'd criticise this season.

I thought reading your posts we agreed. I was more saying to CC that he need to get over the Wilkins thing, not Forster and Murray.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Until Johnson scored against Leicester hadn't we only scored TWO goals from midfield ALL season? Therein lies the problem.

My favorite ten goal a season man from midfield has gone.Hammond has yet to be replaced properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here