Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Maynard

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4345657 said:
To be fair, there were dozens of people on here saying the same thing about CMS and look what happened there...

I think it's different tbh. CMS was the top goalscorer in league one last season and yes he had alot of club's after him including the 'big clubs' in this league but Maynard is an established championship player and I can see him joining another team in this league or even a prem side, not us though.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think it's different tbh. CMS was the top goalscorer in league one last season and yes he had alot of club's after him including the 'big clubs' in this league but Maynard is an established championship player and I can see him joining another team in this league or even a prem side, not us though.

Not really... CMS had interest fromNorwich, Everton, QPR and Wigan. Who else is trying to sign Maynard? Leicester City...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Maynard is reported to have turned down Leicester. Rumours that Fulham are interested.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well, if Gus wanted Maynard, Gus would have Maynard, but I don't think he's willing to spend a huge slice of his war chest on him.

If Gus wanted Glenn Murray to stay, Murray would still be here. But Gus also knows he needs to get value for money, and if Maynards going to cost £6million plus, I dont see it happening.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
But how often do players make their debut for their new club in a game against their old club?....That would suggest it could be Maynard!!!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol City will sell Maynard. The reported £6m is bollocks to make their fans see why they are selling, try £4m as being mire realistic.
Maynard does not want to join Leicester.
Brighton are top if the Championship, Bristol City are 17th.
Bristol City tried to sign Barnes in June.
Gus said he would break the transfer record one more time this summer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leicester had a £6.5m bid for a Rangers striker rejected today, so they might come back in for Maynard.

If he does sign for us, his first match will be at Ashton Gate!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see no logical reason why it cant be Maynard as the price is within TB's pocket I would have thought. Also as I have said if he was the piece that got us into The Premiership and £90m I would think it is highly possible.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't see why people are saying we've not got a chance, he hasn't been linked with prem clubs like CMS and we 'didn't have a chance then'. Maynards wages won't be high at all and I think our impressive start to the season could really help start attracting the better players, a £4mill bid rising to £5mill isn't exactly out of a range if Poyet wants to break the record one more time.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
We've got every chance, if thats who Gus wants.

I can see a lot of players turning down Leicester. Its a disaster waiting to happen there. Anyone who signs for Leicester over us, isn't worth having IMO. Players like CMS who sign for footballing reasons and not purely for money are the type we want (not that CMS isn't earning a nice slice out of playing for us!!)

But will Gus blow a huge amount on one player from the championship, I don't think so. £4m maybe at a push and even then I'd be surprised, at £6million, I'd be very shocked

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It won't be Maynard ffs, because he is the same size and type of player as CMS, Barnes and Hoskins.

It will be taller more physical forward in the mould of Bednar, Rhodes, Paynter, Hulse........ someone more like Bergkamp, Murray or Chris Wood, the bigger target man.

That is NOT Maynard

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
It won't be Maynard ffs, because he is the same size and type of player as CMS, Barnes and Hoskins.

It will be taller more physical forward in the could of Bednar, Rhodes, Paynter, Hulse........ someone more like Bergkamp, Murray or Chris Wood, the bigger target man.

That is NOT Maynard

Exactly.

Although let's hope they're less like Chris Wood (not very good) or Bergkamp (not wanted)

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

It will be taller more physical forward in the mould of Bednar, Rhodes, Paynter, Hulse........ someone more like Bergkamp, Murray or Chris Wood, the bigger target man.

That is NOT Maynard

Maynard is 6ft. Paynter is 6ft 1 inch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here