Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster.

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Just a point of order, that was Jamie B***ard Cureton who scored, 11 minutes from time. :mad:

Pleased to hear Nicky's well thought of, and there aren't too many eyebrows at the length of contract. Did he have many injuries with you? Deal is still subject to a medical apparently.

Cheers.
he played more than a hundred games in two and a half seasons:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best of luck to him, I wonder if he will large it if he scores against us.

Batman

Feb 16, 2009
Lives in Lingfield so journey not a good one for him, but 2 year deal , cannot blame him!!!!!!! Could play against us and his step son!!!!!!!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Fair play to him & wish him all the best. Shame things ended the way they did with us

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just a point of order, that was Jamie B***ard Cureton who scored, 11 minutes from time. :mad:

Pleased to hear Nicky's well thought of, and there aren't too many eyebrows at the length of contract. Did he have many injuries with you? Deal is still subject to a medical apparently.

Cheers.

He's quality at this level. He doesn't play like a 36 year old, I rekon he's still good for at least 10 goals a season

scooter1

How soon is now?
We've got Holroyd and they've got Forster. Why didn't Gus do a u-turn on Nicky like he did with Inigo? Our loss - thanks Nicky - real class and a real loss.

The fundamental differences between the Calderon deal and Forster are that Calderon is 28 and has at least 3 good years ahead of him - Forster is 37 and is very lucky to get a 2 year deal anywhere.

Calderon, it would seem has an arse for an agent and was possibly badly advised, whereas it would seem Forster is an arse.
On the pitch for Albion Forster was great, worked hard and scored goals and i'm disappointed that him and Poyet couldn't resolve their issues as I think Forster could have been good for us for another season - not necessarily as our first choice striker, but he'll always have an eye for goal. Its the off pitch shenanigans that have been mooted about that worried me...

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We've got Holroyd and they've got Forster. Why didn't Gus do a u-turn on Nicky like he did with Inigo? Our loss - thanks Nicky - real class and a real loss.

He's quality at this level. He doesn't play like a 36 year old, I rekon he's still good for at least 10 goals a season

We need a lot more than a 10 goal 37 year old. Besides, we looked a much better team after he left us so I can see why Gus isn't/wasn't interested.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
lets hope it was that way it seems gus was the silly man he will always score goals

we didnt want him or wouldnt give him a deal

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Apoligies, I thought he lived in Bromley. That's where Jake Caskey lived/lives anyway.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
No worries Sir DL - I regularly see "the Jag" motoring up the Mormon Temple road ...not sure where Jake lives but he does go to school (six form?) with a friends son (who incidentally also lives in Lingfield)...

Incidentally Nicky if you are reading this - thanks very much for the get well card for me that you signed at Ashurst Wood last year - I never did get the chance to thank you - Good luck :bowdown::bowdown:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

That is irrelevant though because Holroyd will be nowhere near the first team by the start of the season. As has been said elsewhere, Forster brought it on himself. Remember what trouble we were in going to Orient away and yet he (or his agent) leaked something to Sky Sports about demanding a transfer. He got what he deserved and I am amazed Brentford have given him a two year deal as he will be almost 39 by the end of it.

Fair enough, Forster was fantastic for us for two and a half years but his later actions tainted that from my point of view. Also, he barely played from early February onwards and we did pretty well anyway didn't we so I think I will trust Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here