Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
First, I should point out that yes, I do appreciate the irony/hypocrisy of what i'm about to write.

Anyway, Nicky Forster. I was FAR from impressed by his captaincy on Saturday. Why? The man doesn't stop bloody moaning!

Firstly, he picked up a silly, petty booking, for mouthing off at a linesman. Knowing the new FA 'clampdown' on this as well, it seems such a ridiculous thing to have done, and could cost us at a later point in the season. Hardly setting an example is it?

Secondly, why does he feel the need to whine at the other players, and in particular Murray? Every time he wasn't used in a move he would give a bollocking to someone - the most obvious example when Murray beautifully controlled, turned and set up Thomson for a good chance on the edge of the box which he blasted over. Instead of applauding this, Forster had a right go at him for not playing a through-ball. However, minutes later, a perfect Murray header put Forster through, but he missed. Did he thank Glenn? No, he just turned away. Immature and utterly selfish. I do wonder about the relationship between those 2.

Had it not been for the fact that he scored a 90th minute winner (a very good strike too) I think there'd have been a few people unhappy with him over the weekend. Not only was his captains performance poor, but he was having a bit of a stinker, giving the ball away and not finishing half chances that came his way. I hope he sorts his attitude out for the rest of the season!

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Secondly, why does he feel the need to whine at the other players, and in particular Murray? Every time he wasn't used in a move he would give a bollocking to someone - the most obvious example when Murray beautifully controlled, turned and set up Thomson for a good chance on the edge of the box which he blasted over. Instead of applauding this, Forster had a right go at him for not playing a through-ball. However, minutes later, a perfect Murray header put Forster through, but he missed. Did he thank Glenn? No, he just turned away. Immature and utterly selfish. I do wonder about the relationship between those 2.

I did see these incidents and wasn't overly impressed, I thought Thomson should have been picked as captain at the start of the season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Wind-ups have to be at least partially convincing in order to fool people/make them bite. Picking on the most professional member of the squad for "poor attitude" isn't ever going to be a winner. Must try harder, Potter!

I am 110% serious - even with your blinkered view of Forster you can't deny that the above mentioned incidents were pathetic from such an experienced player.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I have noticed he does moan a fair bit, didn't notice it overly yesterday however.
Maybe it is what some players need though to fire them up?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
What about when crewe scored did you notice who was the player encouraging the other's to keep going? no well here's a clue...he was wearing number 9

1066gull

Have to hand it to Mark though - he's not afraid to let his feelings known just like Adrian Chiles.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think he's f***ing QUALITY, and the best all-round striker I've ever seen play for us. However, I don't think he's faultless, and I don't have the same passion for him as I do, say, Michel. Therefore, my view is anything but "blinkered." You picking on our best player possibly is:lolol:

Anyway, he's always been someone who's talked/shouted/instructed his team mates (and our bench!) a lot. He quite obviously wants to win at all costs, and he's frustrated when things don't go his way. I'd much rather have him as captain than the previous incumbant of the armband - Dean "Captain Silent" Hammond.
Well, I've yet to hear you express a 'fault' with him, but i'll take your word for it. He probably is out best player, but he needs to get his act together.

There's a big FA clampdown, with officials communicating via the captain this season. Yet moronic behaviour sees him booked on the first day of the season for dissent over a nothing incident. Throwing toys out of the pram when things don't go his way isn't exactly going to help a new side to gel!

I don't mind him being vocal, that's an important role of captain - but being so self-centred and having tantrums at every possibility is NOT the way to go about it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hated Forster when he bundled that ball in with his hand and Reading snatched a 1-0 win at Withdean. I hated him before then. He is one of those players of the opposing team that automatically winds you up. Now he is wearing the correct shirt, I would not swap him for anyone.

I love the way he always steps in front of the opposing free kick, whilst retreating, to slow things down. I love the way he warns officials that they are not doing their job properly, but never over stepping the mark. I love the way he cares enough to moan constantly when things are not going his way or when he feels a team mate has made the wrong decision.

I still can't believe we managed to con Hull into giving him away for a mere £75k, bearing in mind the Premiership was a mere dream for them at the end of the previous season (06/07).

I like the fact that he was quick to point out he was not down here for an easy life and a easy ride until retirement (Has Currie?). He has put many of our old players to shame with his work ethics and dedication.

We should be delighted and privileged to have a man of his calibre to moan and long may the moaning continue.

Nicky Forster :bowdown:

Ps Is this thread a thread moaning about moaning, by a well recognised moaner? :D

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yeah, he needs to pull his socks up. 19 goal top scorer last season, second (should have been first) in player of the season, and an opening day winner this time around. And to think he cost a whole £75,000 too. It's not f***ing good enough, Nicky:angry:

Again, completely ignoring the point. His ability isn't the problem, that's certainly not to be questioned - his affect on others is. I'd rather Murray wasn't worrying about getting a bollocking from a man who thinks the game should revolve around him and could get on with his own game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here