Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster to Port Vale?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No, I have NO sources!!!

But reading something on the Port Vale fans forum Website got me to thinking...

Just got back from Vale Park
Mr Adams for me has made a good first impression.
no magic pills
Has a player coach in mind and knows who it is he wants
4 4 2, easy to play and easy for players to learn
keeper to throw to fullbacks only if the player is comfortable having the ball.
play a hussling style of play
And get this .... leave a man up when defending corners .... the mans a nutter

He has just met the fans and the above poster has reported back, briefly what was said.

I'm probably way off the mark, but it's no secret Forster is getting older, has made no secret of the fact that he wants to manage one day, and Mickey made him club captain so obviously gets on well with the guy.

Or maybe i'm just over analysing!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seeing as he lives in Sussex why would he want to play in Burslem ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No disrespect but that is the SHITTEST rumour/deduction that I have ever seen on NSC, and you must have seen what the competition is :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wasnt the fact tha he lived in Horsham (or had a family home) one of the reasons he joined us from Hull? Cant see a move up to Burslem appealing.

Also Slade has said he is re-jigging his backroom staff so maybe Forster is in his plans there?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
It could so easily be Cullip, or even Butters, perhaps Savage or one of 50 other names - like clippedgull all guess work! :yawn:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Leave a man up when defending corners ?

Obviously wasn't Micky Adams he was talking about then.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
no chance. he's from the surrey sussex border area (dormans or something i think its called) by the way, in answer to the question about his origins.

as andy naylor is a stoke fan do you think he played a part in adams getting the gig at port vale! probably not though as he thinks the sun shines out of adams' bottom hole (still chuckle at his 'return of the special one' headline from this time last year!)

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
More likely to be somebody like Andy Crosby at Scunny. Unlikely to play anymore in the Championship and very good knowledge of the lower leagues and getting promotion. Knows Adams well and was captain under him. In fact the more I think about it the more likely it looks. So there you have it, based on no facts or evidence at all I am stating that Andy Crosby is Micky's next right hand man. Get posting on the Vale & Scunny sites now!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I read the other day in the Argus that Nicky had felt discomfort in his knee when being on his feet for a few days whilst on a COACHING course.

Don't think it would happen though. Yet.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
"keeper to throw to fullbacks only if the player is comfortable having the ball."

Oh dear. More like smack ball as far forward as possible, ignoring defence and midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here