Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster to Port Vale?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quote:
Just got back from Vale Park
Mr Adams for me has made a good first impression.
no magic pills
Has a player coach in mind and knows who it is he wants
4 4 2, easy to play and easy for players to learn
keeper to throw to fullbacks only if the player is comfortable having the ball.
play a hussling style of play
And get this .... leave a man up when defending corners .... the mans a nutter

Are you sure it's our Micky Adam's they've signed?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
"keeper to throw to fullbacks only if the player is comfortable having the ball."

Oh dear. More like smack ball as far forward as possible, ignoring defence and midfield.

or 'keeper to throw/lump the ball to virgo wherever he is on the park... he'll be out there somewhere don't you worry'

also if you wanted to ensure the keeper was throwing the ball out to a fullback who was comfortable on the ball then as the manager you could control that by signing and then playing them, or at least coaching the ones you already had at the club. its always somebody elses fault with mickey isn't it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
More likely to be somebody like Andy Crosby at Scunny. Unlikely to play anymore in the Championship and very good knowledge of the lower leagues and getting promotion. Knows Adams well and was captain under him. In fact the more I think about it the more likely it looks. So there you have it, based on no facts or evidence at all I am stating that Andy Crosby is Micky's next right hand man. Get posting on the Vale & Scunny sites now!

I thought he was allready player coach at Scunthorpe?

Apr 10, 2009
Surely if sir Nicky of Forster :bowdown: is going to be a coach then he would want to stay with us in an area he likes for a club thats going places. He would be an absolutely brilliant role model for our youth team players and could quite easily progress into a decent manager one day. A model pro

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Superb rumour, love it. No factual basis completely made up in someones head, its what the close season is all about

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I certainly hope not!!
Can't see it happening though, if you were captain of a league 1 club, why would you go to an average league 2 team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here