Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicky forster puts in transfer request

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Worrying thing is, the article says there are NINE players out of contract in the summer. Anybody know who else that is??

Have a look down the main board and you'll see a poll I posted about the THIRTEEN other players out of contract this summer.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
This doesn't make sense Why would a player who is it out of contract in June make a transfer request 4 days after the transfer window had shut? He won't be allowed to go out on loan. He is 36 if the club offer him even a year he should feel privileged. He is under contract to Brighton and Hove Albion until that contract expires.

I agree can't see him being allowed to go out on loan (unless a swap deal ?) He is contracted until the end of the season. As with most people I would like to see him stay for another season although if we are seriously going to push for promotion we will need another striker.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't believe it...

images

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i find it very hard to believe. he's club captain, 1st choice forward heading towards the last season or so of his career. he's also studying for his coaching badges. when he signed for us a big reason was because he wanted to move back home (sussex surrey borderlands) so i really can't see him wanted to move on. surely?

if he has asked for a transfer, it must be because A he knows a championship club want him and are offering him a nice wedge, or B because he's had a monster falling out with Poyet or another senior person in the club.

i'm sure he's said in the past he was intending to hopefully launch his coaching career with us when he retires.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No he isn't:

Andrew Crofts is club captain and by the looks of things Tommy Elphick is vice-captain.

Unless it's changed, as of a couple of weeks ago it was:

Foz - Club Captain
Crofts - Team Captain

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
20665_466860960034_644680034_11070938_6773152_n.jpg

for those who haven't seen it yet

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if he wants a long contract and high wages then is it really any surprise that the club are playing hard ball?

its obvious that the guy has been a class act since signing, but he is very very close to the end of his career. if we want a squad that can compete in the championship at falmer, than forster is unfortunately not going to be a part of it. certainly in a playing capacity anyway

If this is true it is a monster PR clanger by the club.

Forster is one of the best assetts we possess and for him to do this then something has to be seriously wrong. He deserves at least a season extension and if they are messing him around then they have made a big mistake.

Longer term he could be a really useful coaching asset and someone of real value as we head to Falmer

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
If I was Nicky, I'd be f***ed off that people like Adam El-Abd are being secured on longer deals before him. It's clear that he is a level-headed man, and would not take a decision like this lightly. If we have treated him badly, I will be incredibly disappointed with the powers-that-be, because he has been an absolute hero for us.
El Abd has year's in him and would die for the club, Forster doesn't and is a journeyman (albeit in fine form at The Albion)....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just maybe SSN have got it wrong? It certainly doesn't make any sense.

If its true, then so what. He cant be transferred anywhere now in anycase. So he will keep playing with us, still scoring goals to a) make Poyet give him a deal or b)put himself in the shop windown during the close season. So whatever, it makes no difference to the Albion for this season.

f*** me, some common sence. i dont think its true/full story anyway.

Eh? Letting go our top scorer in the last 3 years in favour of Adam El-Abd is a good idea? No it's not. at all. I'd rather have Forster for another year (maybe 2) than I would El-Abd for another 10. Back up utility players are easy to find. Natural goal scorers are not.

f*** me some stupidity. what the hell has El-abd got to do with Forster. different age, different position, different wages, different contracts

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd give him at least another yr and like to see him be offered a coaching role going into Falmer - he knows his stuff...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here