nicky forster puts in transfer request

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bloody uncross them then :angry:

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Fair play to him he has scored a few goals this season, but last few games i think his general play has been a bit poor, continually getting caught off side, bring in some new blood i say.

D

Deleted User X18H

Spill, TIMOTHY

I would IMAGINE (ahem) That Nicky Forster MIGHT have stated that unless he gets a two year contract in the summer he is off.

This has been translated by a bored Sky operator/journo as 'Nicky Forster slaps in Brighton transfer request'

This does not mean he is leaving the Albion before the end of the season as I stated before he is under contract and I very very much doubt the club will terminate a la Livermore Mcleod. It does mean that Nicky MIGHT be a little bit pissed off though. But he is of course a consummate professional.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What THE f*** is this??

I get out of bed to be greeted with news of this magnitude of shit?

Bollocks, I'm going back to bed. f*** it all

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I would IMAGINE (ahem) That Nicky Forster MIGHT have stated that unless he gets a two year contract in the summer he is off.

This has been translated by a bored Sky operator/journo as 'Nicky Forster slaps in Brighton transfer request'

So you think he spoke to Sky Sports direct then or they have lifted it - but from where?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just maybe SSN have got it wrong? It certainly doesn't make any sense.

If its true, then so what. He cant be transferred anywhere now in anycase. So he will keep playing with us, still scoring goals to a) make Poyet give him a deal or b)put himself in the shop windown during the close season. So whatever, it makes no difference to the Albion for this season.

If during the summer he goes, so what. Yes a good player, but he is 38. If we really want to go places then we surely need to start attracting players who are a lot younger and who are currently good i.e the Ricky Lamberts of this world. I'd offer him a year at wages approaching the average of the squad (that takes him to nearly 39). If he can find something better, then I wish him well.

Btw, I think its rubbish anyway.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I think it's just to speed up the contract talks.......hand it on after the transfer window, sees a new/younger striker move in (maybe see's him as a threat). Maybe he wants a concrete offer on the table before we decide the our new boy is just the ticket and we don't need Nicky any more, at least that way we would have to pay his new contract out rather than let him go on his own accord to no where.

It just makes sense from Nicky's point of view after all he's main priority would be his family now and not he's career.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Anybody remember this from earlier in the year:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/4828615.Forster_wants_new_deal/[/URL]

Seems he has given the club notice that he wants a new contract and we just haven't acted on it. You can't blame him when he has a family to support and at the moment wont have a job after May.

I don't know why we wouldnt be offering our top goal scorer a new contract especially when he talks about being at the club after he has finished playing.

Worrying thing is, the article says there are NINE players out of contract in the summer. Anybody know who else that is??

I really hope we don't lose him, I don't think he'll struggle to find another club tho....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm DAZED & CONFUSED by this MESS of a story.....snort it out fellas!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
to be honest if Nicky wants to leave the club then let him it shows his heart is not with us after all...and with El-Abd getting a new contract he still has many years left where as Nicky only as 1 or 2 so its more common sense to sign El-Abd to a new contract, Brighton have some good young strikers they can develop into the team,

Eh? Letting go our top scorer in the last 3 years in favour of Adam El-Abd is a good idea? No it's not. at all. I'd rather have Forster for another year (maybe 2) than I would El-Abd for another 10. Back up utility players are easy to find. Natural goal scorers are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here