Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Proschwitze

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus in side swipe at budget "shocker".........jesus, we ain't even started the league yet. Wait till Cardiff come to town with Bellamy in tow.....whine, whine, whine..He is worse than an old woman....I presume, Kusazak, Bridge, Bruno, Vicente, Crofts are all here playing for f*** all???

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I cant believe that people thought we had £3-4m to spend in the first place??

We're are a mid-range Championship club when it comes to our transfer budget and hopefully people might start to realise that now..

I've full confidence that Gus will spend it wisely enough. Whether that means CMS going as part of the deal then so be it. Bloom isn't a billionaire, and he also doesn't want to spend beyond his/our means and end up where Pompey are in 4/5 years time.

Fair play I say. If we 'only' spend £2m on a striker then that's fine with me. The team will still be more than competitive this season, and we'll still pack out the Amex every other week.

Remember where we've come from. Up the Albion.

A thousand million, makes you a billionaire. I think you just might find that Mr Bloom is not far away from that mark, if he is away from it at all.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
1) How do you know MOST are JCLs, some yes but a hell of a lot are existing supporters or returning fans.
2) Yes but it is well publicised that its a 5 year plan we are not at year 5 yet, strengthening the defence first ensures survival, the strikers bring promotion so we are still on course.
3) Pretty much agree with you on this one, although not the wasted bit stikers are incredibly overpriced and you will pay a dividend for an average player let alone a good player.

Strange that another thread praises the Arsenal model and then we slag Albion of for following the same principles. We all agree we need a new striker but not at any price.

It was based upon the difference between gates at Withdean, and what they will be at the expanded AMEX. Returning fans were part of my "floaters/uncommitted" - they can hardly be considered "die-hard" can they?

There is a big difference between "at any price" and the "going rate" for a Championship quality striker, capable of providing the goals needed to gain promotion. I am certainly not advocating spending stupid money. Just what it takes to secure a decent striker's services. Strikers have always been expensive - ask Trevor Francis.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Isn't 2.6 million for a tier 2 bundesliga player taking the piss.

there's gotta be better out there for that kind of money

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Gus actually said he was expensive and difficult to get

Didn't say TOO expensive... Sounds to me more like he didn't think he was worth it

This. I read that as we didn't think he was worth the expensive price tag. He's not moaning about the budget nor saying we couldn't afford him. Just saying - we looked at him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
See posts on previous page where people are saying he cant go a day without moaning. He may of done after Swindon but he hasnt come out and moaned today as hans says it isnt moaning its just stating facts

(a) I agree, he does not moan literally every day, but far, far too often, and only a couple of days ago
(b) None of us know the facts, except Tony, Gus et al at club... I suspect the problem is the alleged wage cap, rather than transfer fees...

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
When did Gus actually say he was bringing in a "gem"? People on here keep banging on about. Did he actually say this or is it another NSC fabrication?

Maybe he just bought some jewellery for Mrs Poyet, I don't know? Perhaps that's what he meant and it got misconstrued....

:)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
When did Gus actually say he was bringing in a "gem"? People on here keep banging on about. Did he actually say this or is it another NSC fabrication?

He commented he needed 3 players or a similar amount then folowed up that if a gem became available then we would be interested.

Far to much made of that comment really

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He commented he needed 3 players or a similar amount then folowed up that if a gem became available then we would be interested.

Far to much made of that comment really

Indeed. And the Gem was Seb
Ribas, whose family Gus knows, but who decided to earn tax free euros in Monaco instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here