Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Proschwitze

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
According to Andy Naylor's recent tweet, Hull's new £2.5m German striker was on our radar but it was out of our price range.

That puts to bed the myth that some people have been suggesting we can afford £3m-£4m signature signings...

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
According to Andy Naylor's recent tweet, Hull's new £2.5m German striker was on our radar but it was out of our price range.

That puts to bed the myth that some people have been suggesting we can afford £3m-£4m signature signings...

He was 2.5m :facepalm:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Worrying, very worrying! If we cannot even afford that, the ambition to get promotion is all bollox. Unless, it would not have been the "gem" signing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't get me wrong, I love Gus but he seems incapable of going a day without moaning about our budget.

Agreed, he needs to shut the fcuk up about it, and concentrate on actually working towards signing a striker within our budget... heard it all before far, far too many times... and I love the guy too, a truly great manager, but still has a LOT to learn in his dealings with the media...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Worrying, very worrying! If we cannot even afford that, the ambition to get promotion is all bollox. Unless, it would not have been the "gem" signing.

There is a difference between what our available budget is, for the capital outlay on transfers, and the wage budget. A 'gem' signing might not cost any fee at all.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Even if it is fee or wages that are a problem, it would seem to put some doubt into our ability to afford Beckford as the rumoured target, he will surely cost as much and command wages of the level as the Hull striker.

I am concerned about this area of the team and will have been trying to sign someone for the last 2 season without success.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Perhaps we just did'nt think that he was worth that much

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yeah because it would sound better if it was reported "We had the money and the deal on the table but he chose Hull over us"

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Although it is unclear whether it was the fee or the wages that were out of our range.

Does that really matter if a player of that mediocrity is "out of our price range", who are we going to end up with?

Have the Club spent a lot of cash on the stadium upgrade, and have a tight playing budget for this season? Like Arsenal and The Emirates.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't get me wrong, I love Gus but he seems incapable of going a day without moaning about our budget.

Has he moaned about our budget today then?

I thought this came from an Andy Naylor tweet, so apart from not being from Gus, it also may not even be true.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has he moaned about our budget today then?

I thought this came from an Andy Naylor tweet, so apart from not being from Gus, it also may not even be true.

Gus moaned about it for about the 2,000th time after the Swindon match...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Bloom has stated that the budget is competitive but we do seem to be priced out of a large number of signings. I find it difficult to believe that all the clubs that spend more than us are helped by paracute payments or owners prepared to bankroll. Don't get me wrong I think gus is doing a great job, but this has been a problem area for some time now and yet we never have enough left or in the budget to resolve it. Think this would have been my priority this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here