Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Griffin on trial for free speech?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
My veiw is that Griffin will get of and Mamza will be aquitted of at least half the charges against him, could be wrong though.

E

enigma

Simster said:
We're not arguing whether or not the BNP are nasty racist scumbags though are we?

No we're not- just found that quite interesting.

E

enigma

looney said:
My veiw is that Griffin will get of and Mamza will be aquitted of at least half the charges against him, could be wrong though.

I sincerely hope not. Hamza is far worse than Griffin- at least Griffin is open about his views, Hamza tries to deny them when talking to "white" people.

E

enigma

looney said:
Should jack Straw go on trial for calling whites mongrals? Or other labour mp's for their anti-semetic remarks(I am not including Ken livingstone here, his comments were stupid and inapropriate.)

I didnt actually know about Jack Straw or the Labour MPs. Kens thing was just silly.

I cant be arsed to link the quotes, but if you type Nick Griffin into google, its an anti BNP site.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry I dont trust anti-sites unless they link to a more neutral news source.

I didn't say Hamza would get of I just said some of the charges, concerning speech would not stick IMO.

Ken livingstone had history with that journalist and I doubt he didn't know he was a jew. But his comment has opened up the oppertunity for ANOTHER political witch hunt.

I dont like livingstone but even he's allowed stupid remarks, as the title of this thread suggests its more about issues of free speech than griffin et al.

I can remember one poster here calling for israel to be destroyed, shall I do a search then report him? (I wouldn't) where will all this end?

E

enigma

OK then, post up what Griffin has said, because until then I cant make a judgement.

Im just saying that in light of what he and his party have said in the past, that I wouldn't care if he got locked up.

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:
Or other labour mp's for their anti-semetic remarks

Care to provide an example ?

Isn't it funny how when white victims get attacked and murdered, raped, mugged by ethnic minorities it isn't a racist attack but when it's the other way round it's a racist attack!!

The Labour party will go to any lengths to keep things out of the news unless it's a white attack.

How can they be tried for speaking the truth? It's the Labour party trying to silence the truth.

Timesonline..........

BNP ‘is vilified as witches were’
By Andrew Norfolk

TO BE called racist in 21st-century Britain is “the same as being branded a witch in the Middle Ages”, a senior member of the British National Party told a court yesterday.
Mark Collett, accused of seeking to stir up racial hatred, claimed that he and the BNP spoke the truth but were victims of “the political correctness that pervades every section of modern life”. Mr Collett, 24, and the party’s leader, Nick Griffin, face charges linked to campaign speeches made at BNP meetings in West Yorkshire during the 2004 local elections.

Giving evidence for the defence, Mr Collett told Leeds Crown Court that everything he had said was “100 per cent factual” and was supported by press cuttings, a television documentary and, in one case, a police tip-off. Claims that he stood by included allegations that Asian males were going to schools in Keighley and soliciting white children for sex; a firing range had been found under a Bradford mosque, where there was firearms training; asylum-seekers were given preferential housing treatment; and that no asylum-seekers were in Britain legitimately because they should have claimed asylum in the first peaceful country they reached.

Mr Collett, small and slight, in a grey suit with a pink shirt and tie, told the jury that “editors and reporters feel obliged to downplay criminal acts by members of ethnic minority communities. They don’t want to be branded racist.” The BNP, he said, sought to highlight the “grotesque media inequality” in the coverage of racist attacks, and his speeches aimed “to stir up political activity, not racial hatred”, to give people "a legal and democratic outlet for their opinions”.

Mr Collett said that he did not hate asylum-seekers or Asian people. He hated the white, liberal Establishment and particularly the Labour Party, who “allowed them to come here”. He said that, having stood as a BNP candidate in Leeds council elections, he had seen the “white victims” of multiculturalism. “The liberals who vilify the BNP, who say we’re racists, they never walk down these streets.

“When we say you’re reporting this wrong, the media, the Labour Party, say we’re racist. They try to shut the door on political debate by name-calling. There’s nothing worse today than being called racist. It’s the same as being branded a witch in the Middle Ages.”

Mr Collett said that his speeches had been heard only by party supporters. There were no Asian people in the audience “so there was no one there to be insulted, abused or threatened by what was being said”.

Mr Collett, of Rothley, Leicestershire, denies intending to stir up racial hatred and alternative charges of conduct likely to stir up racial hatred. Mr Griffin, 45, also denies the charges.

The trial continues.The Times online.

Last edited:

Oceanic said:
Isn't it funny how when white victims get attacked and murdered, raped, mugged by ethnic minorities it isn't a racist attack but when it's the other way round it's a racist attack!!

The Labour party will go to any lengths to keep things out of the news unless it's a white attack.

How can they be tried for speaking the truth? It's the Labour party trying to silence the truth.

Timesonline..........

BNP ‘is vilified as witches were’
By Andrew Norfolk

TO BE called racist in 21st-century Britain is “the same as being branded a witch in the Middle Ages”, a senior member of the British National Party told a court yesterday.
Mark Collett, accused of seeking to stir up racial hatred, claimed that he and the BNP spoke the truth but were victims of “the political correctness that pervades every section of modern life”. Mr Collett, 24, and the party’s leader, Nick Griffin, face charges linked to campaign speeches made at BNP meetings in West Yorkshire during the 2004 local elections.

Giving evidence for the defence, Mr Collett told Leeds Crown Court that everything he had said was “100 per cent factual” and was supported by press cuttings, a television documentary and, in one case, a police tip-off. Claims that he stood by included allegations that Asian males were going to schools in Keighley and soliciting white children for sex; a firing range had been found under a Bradford mosque, where there was firearms training; asylum-seekers were given preferential housing treatment; and that no asylum-seekers were in Britain legitimately because they should have claimed asylum in the first peaceful country they reached.

Mr Collett, small and slight, in a grey suit with a pink shirt and tie, told the jury that “editors and reporters feel obliged to downplay criminal acts by members of ethnic minority communities. They don’t want to be branded racist.” The BNP, he said, sought to highlight the “grotesque media inequality” in the coverage of racist attacks, and his speeches aimed “to stir up political activity, not racial hatred”, to give people "a legal and democratic outlet for their opinions”.

Mr Collett said that he did not hate asylum-seekers or Asian people. He hated the white, liberal Establishment and particularly the Labour Party, who “allowed them to come here”. He said that, having stood as a BNP candidate in Leeds council elections, he had seen the “white victims” of multiculturalism. “The liberals who vilify the BNP, who say we’re racists, they never walk down these streets.

“When we say you’re reporting this wrong, the media, the Labour Party, say we’re racist. They try to shut the door on political debate by name-calling. There’s nothing worse today than being called racist. It’s the same as being branded a witch in the Middle Ages.”

Mr Collett said that his speeches had been heard only by party supporters. There were no Asian people in the audience “so there was no one there to be insulted, abused or threatened by what was being said”.

Mr Collett, of Rothley, Leicestershire, denies intending to stir up racial hatred and alternative charges of conduct likely to stir up racial hatred. Mr Griffin, 45, also denies the charges.

The trial continues.The Times online.

I wondered when you would crawl out of the woodwork.
Still thinking of dropping bricks onto asian heads from up on your scaffold ?

E

enigma

Ah, another wanker crawls out of the woodwork. Sad bastard. Try and enjoy life rather than bitching about everything. Im sure your life isnt that bad, or maybe it is if you persistently whinge about all of this.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

That is spot on
:thumbsup:

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
enigma said:
Ah, another wanker crawls out of the woodwork. Sad bastard. Try and enjoy life rather than bitching about everything. Im sure your life isnt that bad, or maybe it is if you persistently whinge about all of this.

Thats a bit harsh isn't it? In fact you only underline the whole point of Oceanic's post.

You don't have to agree with the BNP to see that there is some truth in what they say. The only way to address these issues is to do it in the open and not in law courts. Unless people can be honest about their views, there is a no way you can understand their perspective or reach a compromise. If the meeting was in private then what is the difference between the BBC and NOTW re Sven?

Its amazing that people can have such different views of their own country.

The funny thing is both sides seem so convincing!

I personally believe that the whole racist problem has grown due to people being made to feel wrong for expressing their patriotism and love for their nation. The right wing psychopaths have capitalised on this.

I think when you live somewhere you can't help but be 'conditioned' by the culture around you, and people have slowly changed to thinking and feeling slightly uneasy at the sight of national emblems....e.g. the Union Jack!

Therefore some people have accepted this feeling and let it shape their viewpoint, and some haven’t and feel oppressed!

HampshireSeagulls said:
Nick Griffin and his hordes of intelligentsia (see, insult them with big words, they don't understand it) are not the nicest people on the planet, but they are not the nastiest. And they have as much right to free speech as everyone else, as long as they stay within the laws of the land. Whether you like them or not is immaterial, it really doesn't matter. However, the rule has to apply evenly across all platforms. The speed with which Griffin can be tried in court is disproportionate to the speed with which Hamza was placed in court. There is a definite soft-shoe-shuffle taking place around perceived minorities which should not be happening. The head of the Muslim council claims that homosexuals are immoral, have no place in society, and are prone to catching diseases - if they have no place in society, how does he imagine they should be removed from society?

The rules of inflammatory speech are there for everyone, not just those that the courts decide they can go after without causing offence.

Interesting - so are you arguing homophobia should be made a hate crime? Fair enough, but why single out the Muslim guy when you know full well that organised Christiantity has preached this kind of stuff for years if not centuries? It seems to me you are picking on the Muslim and making exceptions for the Christian haters, which is questionable conduct by you.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
looney said:
Has anyone here been paying attention to the trial?
I watched the documentry which precipitated the case and I did not hear anything that would be deemed to be incitement from Griffin.

No? Then you're as much a low-IQ racist fuckwit as Griffin is :salute:

(Sample newspaper report of the trial - Daily Mirror 18/01/06)

BNP'S NICK GRIFFIN IS 'HATEFUL'
Court told of BNP leader's rant about 'gangs of Asians trying to take over Britain'
By Lucy Thornton
BNP leader Nick Griffin (left) accused Asians of drugging and gang-raping underage white girls in a bid to take over Britain, a court heard yesterday.

Griffin, 45, was allegedly taped telling a crowd: "These 18, 19 and 25-year-old Asian Muslims are seducing and raping white girls in this town right now.

"It's part of their plan for conquering countries. It's how they do it."

Griffin also told the crowd that white society had become a "multiracial hellhole", the court heard.

And BNP activist Mark Collett was twice recorded branding asylum-seekers "cockroaches", the race-hate trial was told.

Collett, 24, is said to have ranted: "They multiply rapidly and take everything.

"They're not just coming here to take money out of our pot, they're coming here to take our whole country."

In another address, Griffin allegedly said the media focused too much on the 1993 murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence and ignored white victims.

He and Collett were seized after the BBC secretly taped BNP meetings in West Yorkshire for a 2004 documentary.

Prosecutor Rodney Jameson QC claimed Griffin focused on "paedophile drug rape" as he addressed a Keighley pub to fuel fear and hatred of Asians.

The BNP chief is said to have admitted he "could get seven years in prison" if his remarks were made public.

At the same gathering, Collett allegedly claimed: "In the space of a week there's always at least two rapes of white girls between the ages of 15 and 16 by gangs of Asians.

"There's muggings and it's always elderly white people and always Asian males perpetrating the crimes."

Collett added: "Let's show these ethnics the door in 2004," Leeds crown court heard.

Mr Jameson said they were trying to create "a vision of a nightmare - rape, muggings and so on" and blame it on Asians.

Griffin, of Llanerfyl, Powys, denies four charges of stirring up race-hate and Collett, of Rothley, Leics, eight. The trial continues.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here