Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicest place you have visited in Europe (excluding UK)

OK lets be positive and spread some love around.

My choices are La Rochelle and the Ile de Re (France), Siena (Italy), Paxos and Cephalonia (Greece). Chatanooga Tenessee was also a nice place and it does have a choo choo!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Chania - Crete, Greece

images

images

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I absolutely love Kefalonia. Its gorgeous, the pace of life was so relaxed, the food was wonderful, the people so friendly and it just wasn't touristy at all. Only place I would consider moving away from UK to.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Another vote for Chania, we went there 6 years back.
Lindos is lovely - f***ing hot though! It hit 50 when we went last summer.

Sorrento in Italy would get my vote though. Such a lovely place. On the Amalfi coast, near Vesuvius and Pompeii, simple to get to Capri and very nice in its own right.

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010
Flamm in Norway

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I love all of the places I've been to in Italy, Lake Garda especially... For a city break Barcelona.

I love all of the places I've been to in Italy, Lake Garda especially... For a city break Barcelona.

There's a theme here (see my previous post). Last October was in Lake Garda & a few years ago in Barcelona. Ran the marathon in both places, so saw a further 26.2 miles of each! Garda is certainly stunning, but not a great deal going on. Barcelona certainly is a most interesting place & lots happening (probably gets my vote).

Technically not in Europe, but I don't think that you can beat Israel, Tel Aviv & particularly Jerusalem. Weather brill, history all around you, very clean, low crime, high standard of living, wonderful food, attractive people, westernised, fab beaches.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That's nice to read - heading out there in a couple of weeks time!

You'll love it! It'll be lovely and hot too. We went in November so it was really foggy the first time we went up Vesuvius so had to try again later in the week. Capri is one of the most beautiful places I've seen, and Sorrento has a wonderful feel to it with the black cobble roads, the cliffs and the coastline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here