Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice to see the crowds flocking back under Adams...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
...oh wait. There was only 1,700 there tonight and around 3,500 Brighton fans at Withdean at the weekend for a very popular player's testimonial.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
...oh wait. There was only 1,700 there tonight and around 3,500 Brighton fans at Withdean at the weekend for a very popular player's testimonial.

Richie,

Credit crunch.......The fans have flocked back an extra 1000 season tickets sold comapred to last year

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Yep the credit crunch is all due to Micky Adams

Surely the original post takes over as the single most stupid post evr in the history of NSC.

f*** Off. I Post More Stupid Posts Than That Every f***ing Day Of My Life.

Probably Before Breakfast Too. Richie's A f***ing Amateur.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
anyone using the "credit crunch" excuse i want to know EXACTLY how it has affected them

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
anyone using the "credit crunch" excuse i want to know EXACTLY how it has affected them

You berk.

Saw on the news that High Street sales levels are at a 25 year LOW.

Think that sums up why crowds would be down for a meaningless game.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I actually don't doubt more people will feel like returning to the fold after Adams' appointment.

I do however thing the club needs to look at other issues, especially price, as other posters above have quite rightly pointed out the credit crunch is going to have ramifications for many football fans.

Obviously pre-season friendlies are the first to go. But with prices still high could the positive impact of Adams be balanced out by high prices and less expendable income?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
You berk.

Saw on the news that High Street sales levels are at a 25 year LOW.

Think that sums up why crowds would be down for a meaningless game.

hahaha you prick. the news told you did it? you little boy.

tell me, how has the "credit crunch" effected you, withdean wanderer?

do you even know what it is??

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I actually don't doubt more people will feel like returning to the fold after Adams' appointment.

I do however thing the club needs to look at other issues, especially price, as other posters above have quite rightly pointed out the credit crunch is going to have ramifications for many football fans.

Obviously pre-season friendlies are the first to go. But with prices still high could the positive impact of Adams be balanced out by high prices and less expendable income?

GOOD post. :clap::clap::clap:

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
Withdean Wanderer, you are ignorant. I just wanted to point that out.

No point replying, I won't read it. Just think about what I've said.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
hahaha you prick. the news told you did it? you little boy.

tell me, how has the "credit crunch" effected you, withdean wanderer?

do you even know what it is??

A knock-on effect of the sub-prime shambles in the US, meaning high interest rates, high inflation, strict banks, and a general lack of money in the economy - as a result, people have LOW disposable incomes, and aren't going to spunk a tenner on a shit game of pointless football. :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
GOOD post. :clap::clap::clap:

I just think the club should perhaps look at the impact the current financial climate has had on these games. I don't have the stats to hand but I am sure more people attended Kerry's testimonial last season. If anything Hart has been more popular with the fans so the relatively poor attendance should send alarm bells ringing.

Perhaps a little late to change ticket prices and I know the club has done a lot, or as much as it can while still at Withdean, to attract younger fans but the fact is it is not the younger fans who will be more heavily impacted by the credit crunch.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
A knock-on effect of the sub-prime shambles in the US, meaning high interest rates, high inflation, strict banks, and a general lack of money in the economy - as a result, people have LOW disposable incomes, and aren't going to spunk a tenner on a shit game of pointless football. :thumbsup:

so it has effected you, has it? how exactly has it effected YOU?

your little internet research is weak, and you clearly have no understanding of the topic but you just couldnt help yourself with trying to pitch in with the fashionable term "credit crunch".. not everything can be blamed on it lad

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
so it has effected you, has it? how exactly has it effected YOU?

your little internet research is weak, and you clearly have no understanding of the topic but you just couldnt help yourself with trying to pitch in with the fashionable term "credit crunch".. not everything can be blamed on it lad

1) I haven't done any internet research, that is a brief summary of what I can conclude from the biggest story making the 'news' over the past 18 months since the Northern Rock downfall.

2) Where did I say it had effected me? The reason I didn't go tonight was because I had no desire to do so - last year, the Fulham game had the lure of Premiership opponents. It was crap.

But FACTS are that consumer expenditure is lower, a knock-on effect of the 'credit crunch'! I don't care of utter spastics like you take offence to a commonly used phrase - call it what you want, an economic downturn, a slump, whatever, but it means one thing - people can't afford to go to Withdean.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
1) I haven't done any internet research, that is a brief summary of what I can conclude from the biggest story making the 'news' over the past 18 months since the Northern Rock downfall.

2) Where did I say it had effected me? The reason I didn't go tonight was because I had no desire to do so - last year, the Fulham game had the lure of Premiership opponents. It was crap.

But FACTS are that consumer expenditure is lower, a knock-on effect of the 'credit crunch'! I don't care of utter spastics like you take offence to a commonly used phrase - call it what you want, an economic downturn, a slump, whatever, but it means one thing - people can't afford to go to Withdean.

awoo.

your "brief understanding" is inaccurate, misled and an example of a little stuck up boy trying to get involved in something he doesn't understand..

and it is not a "downturn" or "slump" so i shall not, and neither should you, refer to it as that..

enough from you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here