Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice one Thicky...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Tony Bloom must be feeling like a mug right now.

Our in form striker played on the right - inspired.

El-abd ahead of Livermore - brilliant.

Fraser ahead of Livermore - genius

A defensive midfielder on when we're losing - fantastic

TWO right midfielders on the left wing - superb

...yet a left winger who set up our previous goal left on the bench until the 89th minute - awesome

Virgo right midfield as well - unbelievable.

Shame there's nobody unemployed who would realistically do a better job, because with tactical heroics like that, we're going DOWN.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
and Kuipers on the bench!???

Can't really fault him for that decision - Sullivan WAS on form, and I don't think anyone really could have predicted he'd have a total shocker.

Still, at least we can get the big man back in goal now.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

...yet a left winger who set up our previous goal left on the bench until the 89th minute - awesome

Shame there's nobody unemployed who would realistically do a better job, because with tactical heroics like that, we're going DOWN.

WW

Interesting post. ???

My old man told me about you.

You were the bloke who in your day, single-handedly piled into the Holmesdale End to take the whole of Palace on!! :laugh:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sorry twat, you called it wrongwrongwrong this time. Peterborough are as good a team as we've seen at Withdean this season. They've been playing as a unit all season, they know the moves ands were well worth the win. No. 10 Boyd was a class and a half above anybody else on the pitch. We, on the other hand, are more or less a scratch side comprised of players who are playing together in earnest for the first time. IMHO it was a heartening performance. We won't meet a team as decent as Peterborough every week, and if we put out the same side in the piss pot it's easily good enough to rip Luton to absolute SHREDS. For me tonight the only embarrassing aspect was that all the new guys fought for the ball, played it well, looked like grown-up professional footballers, and all the homegrown players were the ones looking out of their depth and playing dumb hoofball.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Employing TWO fit female, blonde coppers by the dugout to stop the booooo's - MASTERSTROKE

I saw one of them! Wow! :p

On a more serious note, I agree with EVERYTHING WW has stated in this thread. The most baffling thing for me was Forster playing on the wing! I just couldn't understand that one at all.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes there are.

What I'd like to know is who is unemployed that would do a WORSE job.

Karen Matthews?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sorry twat, you called it wrongwrongwrong this time. Peterborough are as good a team as we've seen at Withdean this season. They've been playing as a unit all season, they know the moves ands were well worth the win. No. 10 Boyd was a class and a half above anybody else on the pitch. We, on the other hand, are more or less a scratch side comprised of players who are playing together in earnest for the first time. IMHO it was a heartening performance. We won't meet a team as decent as Peterborough every week, and if we put out the same side in the piss pot it's easily good enough to rip Luton to absolute SHREDS. For me tonight the only embarrassing aspect was that all the new guys fought for the ball, played it well, looked like grown-up professional footballers, and all the homegrown players were the ones looking out of their depth and playing dumb hoofball.

So you don't disagree with the above tactical decisions then? Nice.

Oh and do point out where I've said Peterborough were shit - thanks.

xx

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
I really thought in periods we looked a decent side. There was passion and commitment and the new signings looked good and there has not been many times in recent years I could say that about some signings. To blame Adams is rubbish, he went for it by playing positive against a very good team.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Peterborough are a good side but we are not in our desperate situation due to this match, its because of the many home defeats to teams who were very average.We are not capable of retaining the ball because of the long balls out of defence only lead to starting another attack from the opposition.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I agree Peterborough are a good team, but to conceed four at home is criminal. A one off is understandable, twice is maybe unlucky, three times is a worry, and now a fourth time, you have to fear the worse.

They were a good team when we played them at their place, we kept a clean sheet. The ref didnt help our cause, but that was only one of the four goals we conceeded

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I really thought in periods we looked a decent side. There was passion and commitment and the new signings looked good and there has not been many times in recent years I could say that about some signings. To blame Adams is rubbish, he went for it by playing positive against a very good team.
We did ok in the first half an hour, when Carole got on the ball we looked dangerous and creative. But even then it was coming from hoofs into their half. Natually this degenerated and became even more aimless as the game went on. I don't think we won a second ball from our punts in the second half.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I just fear that tonights team selection is a sign of Micky trying to fit in all the best players in the squad (barring Livermore)

The fact is, we have to find a balanced team. Not have to fit in all the strikers and all the defenders.

He will need to pick 2 out of Elphick, Virgo and Hinshelwood.

Two of the four strikers.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
For me tonight the only embarrassing aspect was that all the new guys fought for the ball, played it well, looked like grown-up professional footballers, and all the homegrown players were the ones looking out of their depth and playing dumb hoofball.
That is true but I don't agree that it was embarassing. It's the first time I've felt that Mickey is doing the right thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That is true but I don't agree that it was embarassing. It's the first time I've felt that Mickey is doing the right thing.

Um, I was referring only to the homegrown players. The hoofball was purely being done by Virgo, El-Abd, Hinsh and Elphick, plus a bit of wonky kicking by Sullivan added to the mix. I was impressed by every one of Micky's incomers and from that point of view agree with you completely that Micky is doing the right thing.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From all the accounts I've read or heard, Peterborough were a seriously good side, and serious promotion candidates - and we gave them a good run for their money, especially in the first half.

On a more worrying note, we seem to have a knack of bringing in players - either permanently or on loan - who start off great and then tail off. It seems that Davies, Carole and McNulty couldn't put a foot wrong in the first half - has the decline set in already?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I get the impression we didn't expect much from that game and thats exactly what we got!

We did alright first half but the goals we conceaded were very soft. They did step up a gear second half as our equaliser annoyed Barry Fry and I heard him moaning about it to someone on the phone.

I couldn't see what happened for the penalty but we didn't seem to complain that much.

Our defence has been shit lately

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008

Don't you normally complain when McLeod plays?

How do you know Livermore has trained well this week, or is match fit? How do you even know if he's any good?

We need a defensive midfielder on the pitch, especially when they're as good going forward as they are, regardless of the score. We had plenty of attacking players on the pitch.

Carole looked threatening for the whole first half from the left. When Cox came on he took a central role, no width whatsoever. Virgo did not play right midfield, he swapped with El Abd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here