Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice ground, but where were the fans??

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
21,000 for a 3rd round cup tie these days is good,i for one was working today and only saw the last 10 minutes on the box..

what was the score again

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Rather than take any more of the poison that is our own manager, a few of us came along to sample the atmosphere at your ground, with some geordy mates.
Bha played well, but toon were abysmal.
Where were your fans though, I thought is was going to be a sell out? With a tad over 20,000 for a premier league side, bloom will feel let down, one would think.
The system of herding people like cattle onto trains, wasn't the most pleasant experience either. But a good day was had nevertheless, it's just a shame that not more of your fans appreciate what they have, by showing up today, whilst the moaning at poyet on here is quite unbelievable, considering the job he has done for you.

BTW do you geordies actually spell it geordy? We spell it geordie. Also, the number of newcastle fans calling Pardew poison is incredible considering what he's done for you.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Only Aston Villa, Man City, Southampton and Spurs had bigger crowds today. I guess West Ham will as well. Not too bad.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
BTW do you geordies actually spell it geordy? We spell it geordie. Also, the number of newcastle fans calling Pardew poison is incredible considering what he's done for you.

Dreaming Spires isn't a Newcastle fan is he?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
A money grabbing, profit making wanker called Paul Barber is why 800 seats or so were empty.

£40 for my seat?! No thanks. I'm a fan not a customer!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Dreaming Spires isn't a Newcastle fan is he?

He's some weird Oxford fan with an intense, bizzare, irrational hatred of BHAFC. No one understands why, but he can usually be found on here after we lose and never with anything good to say.

I don't get it at all, my only guess is his mother got gang-banged by a group of Albion fans so hard she has to give birth out of her back passage from now on :shrug:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
What an arse. Apart from not supporting his own team today the OP is showing his/her ignorance.

We have a fabulous stadium that had to be designed around 85% of the punters arriving via public transport, no other permanent UK sporting venue can match that. We have a demand for tickets such that less than 12 months after the stadium was opened with a 22.5k capacity we are currently expanding it to 30.75k to meet demand. We have 23k+ season tickets and currently average around 25k crowds in the Championship. Our last two home games have set new interim capacity records at 26.7k. Nevertheless tickets for today were rather optimistically priced priced around £35 - £40 which is rather taking the piss. On current form Newcastle aren't the draw for fans that they should be. Check out the crowd for the next home game and it will be around 25-26k.

Plus we probably had bigger crowds than Oxford when we were at Withdean. Even that was better than the dump that was the Manor Ground which I can remember going to but the Op probably didn't bother with.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Palace only got 13,693, also against a Prem side. If we're shit what does that make them! All a bit rich coming from an Oxford fan!

Dec 29, 2011
I watching it on tv now and the atmosphere actually sounds pretty good to me

It was, especially after 70 minutes all the way until the end. Lower attendance due to high ticket prices, dull opposition that we played last year, the odd kick-off time and the game being FREE on the TV. All them reason taken into account, 21.5k is very good for a Championship side.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace only got 13,693, also against a Prem side. If we're shit what does that make them! All a bit rich coming from an Oxford fan!

That was a reasonable crowd , about 5k more than anticipated.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It was, especially after 70 minutes all the way until the end. Lower attendance due to high ticket prices, dull opposition that we played last year, the odd kick-off time and the game being FREE on the TV. All them reason taken into account, 21.5k is very good for a Championship side.

The atmosphere was pretty good. Sat in the ESL for the first time today, although the "Nook'assle" fans sang more constantly, when ALL the North gets going, you can hear them loud and proud.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Read some of his old threads. Wind up merchant

Still,i have to be wound up at times,i can't take it from these tossers all the time-and now back to my normal mild mannered self.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
dreaming spires= bellend

Geordie mates? f*** off you mess.

You have no mates.

Dec 29, 2011
The atmosphere was pretty good. Sat in the ESL for the first time today, although the "Nook'assle" fans sang more constantly, when ALL the North gets going, you can hear them loud and proud.
I put the atmosphere down to people sitting in different seats. Rather than everyone signing in one place, the 'singers' were spread out which encouraged more people to sign and made the whole place rock.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Great crowd for a game live on tv.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Very odd. I wonder if he goes on other clubs' forums, or whether he just has a strange fixation over BHAFC?
He paid around 40 quid today (or so he says) to go and sit watching a team he hates. I reckon he secretly loves it but can't bring himself to admit it. Very odd indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here