Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice bunch our mates up the road.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry guys but this is ridiculous.
Did anyone give him money as a bet?
It is incredulous to assume he should give £200 or £10 to REMF. He said he would offer 20/1 . . meaning he would gain the stake if the outcome was Dougie to a premiership team/not moving.
What Philzo-93 offered was to donate his money to charity rather than give it to seaside/glenn-murray.
The bet only offered two outcomes, £200 from seaside to charity or £10 from Philzo-93 to charity. Neither of these outcomes are favourable to Seaside/Glenn-Murray so why are you trying to force him to pay?

I tend to agree and if we are not careful we could be accused of bullying. Just stick him on your ignore list and he will go away

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Sorry guys but this is ridiculous.
Did anyone give him money as a bet?
It is incredulous to assume he should give £200 or £10 to REMF. He said he would offer 20/1 . . meaning he would gain the stake if the outcome was Dougie to a premiership team/not moving.
What Philzo-93 offered was to donate his money to charity rather than give it to seaside/glenn-murray.
The bet only offered two outcomes, £200 from seaside to charity or £10 from Philzo-93 to charity. Neither of these outcomes are favourable to Seaside/Glenn-Murray so why are you trying to force him to pay?

Just because it is charity.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Just because it is charity.

So what, every time someone says pay money to charity you should just happily give up money?

Giving to charity is a personal choice and you can't bully someone for not doing it when they don't feel they should.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
So what, every time someone says pay money to charity you should just happily give up money?

Giving to charity is a personal choice and you can't bully someone for not doing it when they don't feel they should.

Agreed, but don't offer odds on a bet then.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne

No Sam, because i think he is in the wrong and for the sake of £10 to a good charity (not to line some poster's pocket) and to save some sort of face and also in an attempt to not tar us other Palace supports with a welchers brush.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
No Sam, because i think he is in the wrong and for the sake of £10 to a good charity (not to line some poster's pocket) and to save some sort of face and also in an attempt to not tar us other Palace supports with a welchers brush.

He was wrong about Dougie but you have placed some kind of arrangement for him to pay to charity after the event which you have no proof he accepted before.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Anyone who sees me offer 50/1 odds and doesn't think I'm taking the piss needs their head checked out. I mean, seriously?

By the way, do I owe £10 at 20/1 or 50/1? This is all getting rather confusing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Seaside made no mention of charity in his odds.
And Philzo-93 made no offer to pay Seaside therefore they were making different bets.

Correct. I had no intention of collecting or giving any money. I was suggesting that Dougie Freedman leaving Palace for Bolton was extremely unlikely. As it turns out, he did leave. But had he stayed, I wouldn't have gone around collecting cash.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone who sees me offer 50/1 odds and doesn't think I'm taking the piss needs their head checked out. I mean, seriously?

By the way, do I owe £10 at 20/1 or 50/1? This is all getting rather confusing.

I think it will all be for the best if just went away ...don't you? Is it break time BTW or are you "off sick" from school today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here